Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Black Men in The Philippines

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Black Men in The Philippines

Postby Pacsun » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:49 pm

This is specifically for Winston Wu but anyone can answer...

I'm a black male, 23 years old. I want to visit the philippines and possibly live there one day.

How are black men perceived in the philippines?
Will I have a problem finding a date?
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:38 pm

In the Philippines, darker skin is considered less attractive and lower status. But you will not be totally ostracized. You can still get dates. You will just have a lower selection to choose from.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Pacsun » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:46 pm

I'm not dark. I'm like a medium brown. like a twix candy bar but a little lighter.
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Postby Raja » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:25 am

You have very little to worry about. Like youth culture worldwide young filipinos are in love with hip hop culture and the NBA. Her parents may have some objections who you look more gangsta then the local pinoys but unless she is a child of one of the families there will be no problem.

Sure your African features are the same features she wishes to rid herself of through skin whitening potions but remember you are not a local pinoy from deep in the province with no Spanish or Chinese DNA. You are foriegn, thus rich.

Ask her to discribe her father. If he stayed home or even if she is the bastard child of a mistress and he stayed with both her first words will be on the order of "he's a good provider" That wallet of yours full of dollars or euros trumps your looks. And she will compare you to Denzel, Will Smith, the newest rapper on the scene whoever depending upon her age anyway.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 am

If you are looking to keep up with Hip-Hop culture, you will have to stick to the Internet, as there are a plethora of Internet cafe's and hole-in-the-walls in every town in the Philippines.

Filipinos love American pop music. You see Filipinos dark like Bernie Mac listening to Bon Jovi, Hinder, Daughtry, Chicago, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Britney, Tiffany, like there's no tomorrow. These people want to be White-race Yankees at the end of the day. Some of these aforementioned artists make good music, but if you ask them what R&B do they listen to, they will say who's popular at the moment (like Cassie (she's half Filipina), Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, etc.); they don't think for themselves - as the average Filipino is sheeple. If you ask them who The Roots, Lalah Hathaway or Maxwell or Jill SCott is, they don't know.

These people may be darker than you, but they still think they are Filipino at the end of the day - so they feel that it's OK to call you a "negrito" or whatever.

They won't burn your house down nor will they spit at you, but in some shape of form, you'll notice that quite a few Filipinos are racist.
Chiggity-check it out: http://www.quezon.ph/familyinfo/manuel-l-quezon-jr/philippine-racism/
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby ladislav » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:36 am

All black guys in the Philippines have Filipina gf's or wives. No problem. The Philippines follows the Spanish view on races; not the Anglo Saxon one which is:

In Anglo Saxon countries- the poorer the people, the more prejudiced. In Spanish- the richer, the more prejudiced.

Poor people have no problems with race in most Spanish colonies. And since most people in the Philippines are poor, any American is seen as a savior.

I stayed in slums in Puerto Rico for a while. It was interesting to see that people in these slums were of all colors and mingled with great ease, intermarried and were very nice to each other. Once you moved into middle class and upper class neighborhood, they did not want any blacks there.

In the US, slums are segregated by race, but once you have enough green to cover your black, you can move into all kinds of rich areas and your kids will go to good schools and have friends. Rednecks in Mississippi would treat Micheal Jackson not as good as the Malibu crowd, you would agree.

In the Philippines, a black guy would probably have harder time dating generals' daughters, but have no problems with slum girls ( who are aplenty). And slum girls in the Philippines are not like druggies in the US. The former go to college, are catholic virgins and very nice in demeanor.

As far as disapproving looks from the passer bys, a white man -Filipina girl couple attracts as many bad looks, believe me.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 am

Here we go again:

As a Black man, I assume that you like seasoned and tasty food, correct?

I will assume that you do. If that's true, then you will be in for a "wack" surprise.

Because it is known that Filipino food has the worst food in SE Asia, and in probably in all of Asia period.

You will be losing weight or gaining weight from eating McDonald's and KFC all the time because their food is horrible to say the least.

The best food I ever had in the Philippines is home-cooked meals. They are big on complex carbs and sugar, so be be be careful. F_ck around, and you'll be diabetic with in a few years so try not to eat complex carbs so much.

If you happen to be in Angeles City (I wonder if Winston is still there), go to a place by Friendship called Zapatos.

It's the best Mexican food made Pinoy style. You may thank me later.

Also, go to an SM Mall, and go to a stand called Zagu. YOU MUST TRY AN UBE MILKSHAKE. You may thank me later. :O)

Yeah Winston, I know you are tired of garbage food so Zapatos near Friendship past the glitzy and glamor bars may do the trick for ya.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 pm

E_Irizarry wrote:Here we go again:

As a Black man, I assume that you like seasoned and tasty food, correct?

I will assume that you do. If that's true, then you will be in for a "wack" surprise.

Because it is known that Filipino food has the worst food in SE Asia, and in probably in all of Asia period.

You will be losing weight or gaining weight from eating McDonald's and KFC all the time because their food is horrible to say the least.

The best food I ever had in the Philippines is home-cooked meals. They are big on complex carbs and sugar, so be be be careful. F_ck around, and you'll be diabetic with in a few years so try not to eat complex carbs so much.

If you happen to be in Angeles City (I wonder if Winston is still there), go to a place by Friendship called Zapatos.

It's the best Mexican food made Pinoy style. You may thank me later.

Also, go to an SM Mall, and go to a stand called Zagu. YOU MUST TRY AN UBE MILKSHAKE. You may thank me later. :O)

Yeah Winston, I know you are tired of garbage food so Zapatos near Friendship past the glitzy and glamor bars may do the trick for ya.

W: I go to zapatas sometimes. They are ok, but their bean burritos and cheese enchiladas are tasteless. They are nowhere near as good as mexican places in the US, and the portions they give you are too small. I'm only partially satisfied there.

We drink Zagu a lot but it is too artificial and sweet. Go to a place called Dr Pearl, outside behind the food court. It's much more natural and fruity.

Where are you now? In Angeles?

I know quite a few other places with better food in Angeles.

But yeah, food in general sucks in Angeles and in the Philippines.

Maybe the best solution is to take a Filipina bride and go live in Thailand, where the food is much better?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby ladislav » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Maybe the best solution is to take a Filipina bride and go live in Thailand, where the food is much better?

Why not just go to Chinese and Japanese and Thai restaurants in the Philippines? Or cook at home. There are plenty of the same ingredients at most Phil. supermarkets and you can cook all kinds of foods.

You mean it will be easier to move to Thailand with the price of the tickets, and take the Filipina away from her country and family and plunge her into an unknown culture and language just because the food is better?

Why not just move to Manila/Cebu where there are enough Thai restaurants ti satisfy your needs day and night.

Nice joke.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 pm

Garbage Filipino Food?

Hmmm...must not get out much...especially with middle class Filipinos or better...but even among the poor their are some good cooks. Well prepared Filipino food is actually similar to some Thai foods...

>>>>However, be forwarned, the food in Cheap whorehouses is
probably terrible...so I hear...and some here seem to second that
thought...and since when do sex tourist care about food quality? LOL! :evil:

I heard that there was once this guy who went to the Philippines, had a clue about the culture...spent time learning something...actually went to the provinces and courted a girl the old fashioned way...and was not a sex tourist...oh crap, I guess that was just a rumor....
Nate
Freshman Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:29 am

Well most of the upper-class Pinoy I met are White-washed Americanized snobs so we didn't click too well - even when I wasn't wearing my attitude on my sleeve. I made that conclusion about them after they "chucked" me out of their clique.

That's why I am so convinced that any country where English is a national language whether it's the only national language of that country or not, is a feminized country.

Although Thai's love Pond's whitening cream and American pop music, at least they have more of their own culture than the Pinoys do.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:39 am

Snobs huh? Maybe, but you out to get out more...Do you have any idea what
the Thai middle and uppper classes think of you as the farang?
You can spend a long time in Thailand and you will never even be invited into one of their houses. Feminized if they speak English? I hope you get the chance to tell some AFP guys I know...or some South African fellows I know...would find that amusing...before serving you as...well, in any part of the world, the elites have their own rules. And for a place that the food REALLY sucks, try Africa. South America can have a bit better food, but believe me, the dons will have nothing to do with Yankees or Eurotrash...and talk about SNOBS...lord, you ain't seen anything like South American elites...
Anyone with a life in the Philippines likely can have their own cook anyway, we always have...and the food is excellent....you don't have to be an elite to get invited, just manners....

Nate
Nate
Freshman Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Nate Dogg, hmmm you may have a point on the elitists of different societies, but my gripe wasn't based on that.

It was based on how feminized AND White-washed AND snobby those Pinoys are that things didn't work out between them and me. I don't mind White-washed people, as long as they don't mock me for not being White-washed, then I have no grudge. In addition, the Filipino men wear fagg_otry on their sleeve as it seems like the women run shit in the Philippines (Just because Gloria Arroyo is the Prez of the Philippines doesn't necessarily mean it's feminized - so this is not about her). The men really aren't masculine and very passive (and I don't mean laid-back; I mean passive). The women seem more firm, and a society cannot work as such.
The moment a woman feels she can get away with something or in her deluded mind, she feels a man violated her, then she goes to the pulisya and although one hasn't done anything, you still can get a record in the Philippines. And all the men pulisya say is, "Ahhhh you have to understand the Filipina." What a p***y! I was about to say the PG-version of that, and my friend gave me that Will Smith "No"-nod. Hence I paused.

So I know the Philippines is like America in that regard. No more Anglosphere for me. You guys can keep that shit.

And

gordon, you seem like you are too lazy and too pompous (i.e. arrogant) to live in a society where English is not a national idiom. And probably because your cock is too vascularly small, that's why Filipinas may be the only phenotype of woman you can satisfy in the bedroom, tough guy.

You probably would throw your right-hand best male friend under the bus for a p***y pass too.

And

gordon, White boys do not have a monopoly on expatriating around the world, you philistine bigot. I have Black male friends in Japan that are dating well-to-do-financially Japanese women (whom are slim, buttermilk complexion, and attractive to most White guys), and he tells me that every now and then that White guys like you (like you, gordon), give him a stare like, "What is he doing here? I thought only Whites from the EU and other Western countries are the only foreigners that get in here".

It must suck to have competition, eh? Eat a dick.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby Nate » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:02 am

NuyoRican-Moyito...

OK, Nate Dogg says if I look past your tude, you do have some points
about the Philippines...a lot of the men are pretty much pussies, that I'll grant ya. That, I think you have specific problems about how you fit in here, or how you are received...sounds like a bad fit really...Seriously, have you ever been to Brazil? Try Sao Paulo or around there...over the border in Uruguay might be worth a look too...definitely not the Anglosphere...work on your Portuguese and Spanish if you do not already speak it... every flavor can be found there...and their are incredibly hot girls in all flavors...
Worth a shot and a great experience either way....and not nearly the number of cliche expats hanging out there...too stupid to realize that they are cartoons in a cartoon graveyard...

Nate Dogg
Nate
Freshman Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:31 am

Ud. esta tan brusco que llegó a ser grosero,
pero I'm going to straighten that out ahora mismo.

What's the matter, gordon? Did you really think that I was going to take your advice and go to central Africa - like it was advice? A moron, who I would be, if I went ahead and took your advice and actually tell you where my avatar is from. Not all people of color are subservient, you closet racist.

There is a plenitude of "Uncle Tom's" out there that would listen to you. I see that your favorite "Uncle Tom"-esque concubine dream is in your avatar. It's too bad that she does not represent me.

gordon, they say that some of the biggest bigots in the world are not White. They are people whom are trying to emulate White American culture. You are not even a 'mano. A concubine sell-out to our Latino gente, you engañadorita!!

You are ignorant. A cowardice Internet thug.
(Thugs are not always Black nor Latino nor Asian-American, you cupcake you.)

You totally came back at me with a feminist shaming tactic: try to disrespect me without trying to put down the facts that I have aforementioned.

As hard as you try disrespected me, you didn't deny the truth of my statements.

A battle cry idle that anybody that reads this post would see.

It's too bad you'll never know which nationalities I am, hijoputa. As
a matter of fact, you are ignorant when it comes to recognizing nationalities. If you look at my signature, you would know which nationality I am. Duh.

Negroids? Do you have BA in Sociology? Stop being so politically correct; you know you want to say the taboo synonym of that word, baby.

When I disclosed my rant, I never said the sociological term for people from a mountainous region in SE Europe/central Asia. I said "White", which means anybody whom is of Welsh and/or Celtic and/or Anglo-Saxon and/or Germanic and/or any other background of W, N, and E. Europe that is not Gypsy nor of Latin descent that is at least a second-generation European-American.

When I stated "White", I wasn't being racist nor condescending. I was briefly stating how that mentality, where feminism has originally begun, is subliminally conveying that message to masses of people that think America is the epicenter of quality life. It really isn't. The West is falling; the East is rising.

However and I'm reiterating that you wore your ignorance on your sleeve. Typical FemeriKKKan.

De veas, he planteado muchas cuestiones sobre ti y entonces, he hacido unas observaciones interesantes de nuevo.

Wipe the crema off your cara, mariconanso. You're toast.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions