Duterte: Arrest erring taxi drivers for swindling - Great

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Duterte: Arrest erring taxi drivers for swindling - Grea

Post by Winston »

davewe wrote: It's pretty standard in all countries that taxi drivers and trike drivers do not own their vehicles and pay a fee to the actual owner. The other day we were in a trike and the driver actually stopped at the owner's place (on the way) and paid him his rental fee. Now does that mean they are at risk of losing money, particularly in a large city - I don't think so.

So yes, it's a sob story and no justification for overcharging.
So how much is the rental fee then? Is it several thousand pesos a day? It must be something affordable or else there wouldnt be so many taxis everywhere if the deal wasnt fair right? But ripoffs are common in the Philippines so its possible the drivers get ripped off by the taxi company too. You could ask the driver but they can easily lie. Filipinos dont believe lying is wrong i hear, its just part of life.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne