Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby re85with » January 26th, 2017, 6:27 am

I just heard an American guy (Greg) who is currently married to his wife from the Philippines saying that United States makes race a big issue. And he is right.

No matter if you are looking for a job, being around others, going on a date with someone, etc., you are always treated and reminded:

- who you are
- what race you are
- what skin color you are (Watch the movie "Powder" in which a powdered white guy was bullied and discriminated by other whites)
- where you come from
- who your family is

Because I am a black male, I had to deal with ongoing harassment, ridicule, drama, and BS at previous jobs I worked. The ones who gave me those problems were other black American people. As a result, I left a few jobs. I really had no problems from white people and those of other races.

If you go overseas, you are considered a good or bad human being. That is how it should be in US. But, it is not going to happen.

Every time I watch TV, be around other people socially, I am always reminded of race and so. I am sick of it. When I went to Dominican Republic, I was around other black people, Hispanics, white people, and those of mixed race. No one reminded or treated me in a certain way because I am black and I am American...relief.

What about you all? Are you regularly stereotyped, discriminated, or treated differently because of your race? skin color? personality?

I am so passionate about foreign women and international dating that I have created a blog called:

[url]foreignloveweb.wordpress.com[/url]
User avatar
re85with
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 88
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 4:29 am
Location: Henderson, NC




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Zambales » January 26th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Same here in the UK.

I blame the pontificating PC brigade. For some unexplained reason they seem obsessed with skin colour.

In fact, during my lifetime, the number of racists I've encountered in person is extremely low. Racism is an issue that is definitely over-hyped in my opinion.

As for being stereotyped. Yup, that happens to me frequently by shallow members of society who neither have the intelligence nor the courage to look further than the front cover.

Anyway, welcome to the forum Red. You sound like a guy with plenty of stuff that needs getting off your chest.
User avatar
Zambales
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 927
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Kradmelder » January 26th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Zambales, come down here. :mrgreen: The number of racists you meet in person will skew your stats so that the number of liberals is extremely low :mrgreen: They say the difference between a tourist and a racist is 2 weeks, So book a 3 week visit. You will meet lots of racist mates who are the mates a man can have. It is not like Brit chav racism.

Re85with, I am regularly stereotyped as a white male. I dont mind as I am one and proud of it. :mrgreen: I am discriminated against regularly by affirmative action, BEE, quotas, you name it. Blacks regularly address you as white man, or behind your back as Mlungu, settler, pigskin, whitey, etc. what terms they use for my race, skin colour or hair colour etc I dont care. I am not offended as I am proud of it. Like if they say hey white man or Mlungu (means white scum on the sea), I am not offended and reply yes Black man, or Platneus (flat nose) or pick your slur. yet they get offended. So they address me by my colour or racial traits but if I do it they get offended. Let them be offended. I dont much care. But I will not call them a racial slur unless they behave like the racial stereotype. If they dont want to be called kaffirs, then stop behaving like one. Blacks are almost as bad as jews for taking offence, yet they do it just as much. If you want to carry 10 kg bag of potatoes on your shoulder, not just a chip, open a fish and chips shop. Far more profitable.

A black man with a white woman as an avatar....talk about a complex. At least I have a Good white man on mine. Myself. Nothing to be ashamed of as a good white man if you dont subscribe to white guilt.
User avatar
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby zboy1 » January 27th, 2017, 12:58 am

One of the reasons why I left the U.S. was for the same exact reason you described, re85with. It's seems for Black and Asian men in America, we're being constantly judged on our race, which gets annoying after a while.

You feel as though you're constantly being watched and judged upon, either for acting like the stereotypes people have of Black or Asian people, or even when you're not! If you not a tough, Black ghetto hoodrat or if you're a smooth, alpha Asian male, you're still going to get unfairly noticed. That is, people are surprised you're not a stereotype. So, either way, it's a difficult pill to swallow.

American's like to judge based on race, but not on Whites for some reason. ...

That is why many Whites dismiss racism and act all 'high and mighty' when it comes to complaints about racism. But in all fairness, multiculturalism is a disaster and trying to get different races to like each other is an impossibility, considering, for example, how European and Asian countries--which are essentially made up of people from the same racial stock (Caucasian and Asian)--historically, unable to get along with each other, so how do the multiculturalists' expect people of different ethnic backgrounds to do this?

As an Asian American in the U.S., I feel as though if I make a mistake or do something wrong, people are looking at me and categorizing my behavior as a whole, and not as an individual. I mean, shit! I thought we're supposed to judge people on an individual basis and not as a group, but American's are unable to do this!

In the States, there is a constant racial tension that is present no matter where you go. I've had men of other races eye me and try to f**k with me for being Asian; likewise, I've seen White guys get physically attacked just for being 'White' in a Black neighborhood, or Black men mistreated by racist Whites. It's a never-ending cycle, which is the reason why the U.S. has such high crime rates and lot's of violence compared to other countries. And this phenomenon is not just strictly limited to the United States. I saw this same phenomenon happen in England and Canada as well. So, this is most likely an Anglo, Western problem.

The media is also responsible for stirring up race issues by constantly bringing the topic to the forefront, every possible chance. As I said to others in my Wechat group, Asian countries may be xenophobic and racist, but I'm not bombarded by race on a daily basis like I am in the States. American's and Anglos', in particular, seem to obsessed with the topic of race. I'd rather not be reminded of my race in a constant fashion, because, firstly, I don't normally like to talk about the issue and, secondly, it becomes a distraction in my life.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Nailer » January 27th, 2017, 2:29 am

Maybe because Americans are the only ones being bred out of existence by hordes of third-worlders. 8)
Coming back to life.
Nailer
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 266
Joined: December 19th, 2016, 1:12 am

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Zambales » January 27th, 2017, 9:02 am

Kradmelder wrote:Zambales, come down here. :mrgreen: The number of racists you meet in person will skew your stats so that the number of liberals is extremely low :mrgreen: They say the difference between a tourist and a racist is 2 weeks, So book a 3 week visit. You will meet lots of racist mates who are the mates a man can have. It is not like Brit chav racism.



I'm talking from a U.K perspective. Never been to South Africa so I can't comment.
User avatar
Zambales
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 927
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Kradmelder » January 27th, 2017, 9:13 am

zboy1 wrote:One of the reasons why I left the U.S. was for the same exact reason you described, re85with. It's seems for Black and Asian men in America, we're being constantly judged on our race, which gets annoying after a while.

You feel as though you're constantly being watched and judged upon, either for acting like the stereotypes people have of Black or Asian people, or even when you're not! If you not a tough, Black ghetto hoodrat or if you're a smooth, alpha Asian male, you're still going to get unfairly noticed. That is, people are surprised you're not a stereotype. So, either way, it's a difficult pill to swallow.

American's like to judge based on race, but not on Whites for some reason. ...

That is why many Whites dismiss racism and act all 'high and mighty' when it comes to complaints about racism. But in all fairness, multiculturalism is a disaster and trying to get different races to like each other is an impossibility, considering, for example, how European and Asian countries--which are essentially made up of people from the same racial stock (Caucasian and Asian)--historically, unable to get along with each other, so how do the multiculturalists' expect people of different ethnic backgrounds to do this?

As an Asian American in the U.S., I feel as though if I make a mistake or do something wrong, people are looking at me and categorizing my behavior as a whole, and not as an individual. I mean, shit! I thought we're supposed to judge people on an individual basis and not as a group, but American's are unable to do this!

In the States, there is a constant racial tension that is present no matter where you go. I've had men of other races eye me and try to f**k with me for being Asian; likewise, I've seen White guys get physically attacked just for being 'White' in a Black neighborhood, or Black men mistreated by racist Whites. It's a never-ending cycle, which is the reason why the U.S. has such high crime rates and lot's of violence compared to other countries. And this phenomenon is not just strictly limited to the United States. I saw this same phenomenon happen in England and Canada as well. So, this is most likely an Anglo, Western problem.

The media is also responsible for stirring up race issues by constantly bringing the topic to the forefront, every possible chance. As I said to others in my Wechat group, Asian countries may be xenophobic and racist, but I'm not bombarded by race on a daily basis like I am in the States. American's and Anglos', in particular, seem to obsessed with the topic of race. I'd rather not be reminded of my race in a constant fashion, because, firstly, I don't normally like to talk about the issue and, secondly, it becomes a distraction in my life.


Well done zboy, a long post about race saying how you don't like to talk about race :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps as an asian you rather talk about face than race :lol: Note the humour intended by referring to stereotype asian :lol: :lol:

I also see you follow stormfront from your other post about Mary tyler moore. A non racial asian not wanting to be bombarded by race issues reading white racist forums about race issues :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby yick » January 27th, 2017, 10:03 am

Zambales wrote:Same here in the UK.

I blame the pontificating PC brigade. For some unexplained reason they seem obsessed with skin colour.

In fact, during my lifetime, the number of racists I've encountered in person is extremely low. Racism is an issue that is definitely over-hyped in my opinion.



You sound white.

I grew up in a largely white, working class town in the UK as a non-white person (in their eyes especially). I met loads of racists, they exist.

What it seems to me though in the UK is that the more successful you are, the less racist you tend to be.

Racism is usually the vehicle of blame for useless bastards who happen to be white 'they come and take our jobs/houses/women'

If you are fighting over rented accommodation with an immigrant, whether they are from Poland or Pakistan - then you are a bit of a loser in
my book.

If some Pole has outsted me from my employ - I wouldn't blame them - I have the advantage of language, cultural nous, contacts etc and some foreigner can get a job or house from under me? I would be ashamed but not the typical Brit racist.
yick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 780
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Kradmelder » January 27th, 2017, 10:10 am

yick wrote:
Zambales wrote:Same here in the UK.

I blame the pontificating PC brigade. For some unexplained reason they seem obsessed with skin colour.

In fact, during my lifetime, the number of racists I've encountered in person is extremely low. Racism is an issue that is definitely over-hyped in my opinion.



You sound white.

I grew up in a largely white, working class town in the UK as a non-white person (in their eyes especially). I met loads of racists, they exist.

What it seems to me though in the UK is that the more successful you are, the less racist you tend to be.

Racism is usually the vehicle of blame for useless bastards who happen to be white 'they come and take our jobs/houses/women'

If you are fighting over rented accommodation with an immigrant, whether they are from Poland or Pakistan - then you are a bit of a loser in
my book.

If some Pole has outsted me from my employ - I wouldn't blame them - I have the advantage of language, cultural nous, contacts etc and some foreigner can get a job or house from under me? I would be ashamed but not the typical Brit racist.


Why successful people tend to be less racist is that they don't have to deal with other races. Wealthy white liberal people live in all white areas, went to white private schools, the only blacks they deal with are servants, waiters etc. Then they say look how nice black people are. Well of course they are because they have to be to keep their jobs.

Have those same liberals in a black area where they subject to crime and violence and they will change in 2 weeks. Look at all the former liberal black sash ladies against apartheid and white rule. They were all wealthy liberals who didnt work. Just charities. Within 5 years of ANC rule the likes of Suzman, Gordimer etc had emigrated to escape the consequences of their vote, and started tirades against their former black darlings. Liberalism doesn't survive reality. The more I deal with blacks, the less I want anything to do with them.
User avatar
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby yick » January 27th, 2017, 10:30 am

Kradmelder wrote:
yick wrote:
Zambales wrote:Same here in the UK.

I blame the pontificating PC brigade. For some unexplained reason they seem obsessed with skin colour.

In fact, during my lifetime, the number of racists I've encountered in person is extremely low. Racism is an issue that is definitely over-hyped in my opinion.



You sound white.

I grew up in a largely white, working class town in the UK as a non-white person (in their eyes especially). I met loads of racists, they exist.

What it seems to me though in the UK is that the more successful you are, the less racist you tend to be.

Racism is usually the vehicle of blame for useless bastards who happen to be white 'they come and take our jobs/houses/women'

If you are fighting over rented accommodation with an immigrant, whether they are from Poland or Pakistan - then you are a bit of a loser in
my book.

If some Pole has outsted me from my employ - I wouldn't blame them - I have the advantage of language, cultural nous, contacts etc and some foreigner can get a job or house from under me? I would be ashamed but not the typical Brit racist.


Why successful people tend to be less racist is that they don't have to deal with other races. Wealthy white liberal people live in all white areas, went to white private schools, the only blacks they deal with are servants, waiters etc. Then they say look how nice black people are. Well of course they are because they have to be to keep their jobs.

Have those same liberals in a black area where they subject to crime and violence and they will change in 2 weeks. Look at all the former liberal black sash ladies against apartheid and white rule. They were all wealthy liberals who didnt work. Just charities. Within 5 years of ANC rule the likes of Suzman, Gordimer etc had emigrated to escape the consequences of their vote, and started tirades against their former black darlings. Liberalism doesn't survive reality. The more I deal with blacks, the less I want anything to do with them.


You can't compare your society to mine, there are huge swathes of the UK that are 90% plus that are white - the reason some white British people are in dire straits for the most part had nothing to do with black people.

Black people and their influence on British society (as a whole) is minimal - it really is - you go to a place like Sunderland or Hull, and these are pretty big cities (albeit very poor) in the UK - you can go days without seeing a black person, fifteen years ago, you could have gone months without seeing a black person.

Now, in London - where lots of monied people live - black people are everywhere - and the truth remains the same, the more monied people are in the UK - the less racist they are, and they rub cheek to jowl in London because it is so congested, they have no choice.

Some thick twat in Sunderland will blame black people for their troubles despite the fact they see one once a month - that's because they are stupid.

You can use the South African experience as a contrast and compare but you can't state that the societal rules are the same, they simply aren't.
yick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 780
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Eric » January 27th, 2017, 10:42 am

Kradmelder wrote:
yick wrote:
Zambales wrote:Same here in the UK.

I blame the pontificating PC brigade. For some unexplained reason they seem obsessed with skin colour.

In fact, during my lifetime, the number of racists I've encountered in person is extremely low. Racism is an issue that is definitely over-hyped in my opinion.



You sound white.

I grew up in a largely white, working class town in the UK as a non-white person (in their eyes especially). I met loads of racists, they exist.

What it seems to me though in the UK is that the more successful you are, the less racist you tend to be.

Racism is usually the vehicle of blame for useless bastards who happen to be white 'they come and take our jobs/houses/women'

If you are fighting over rented accommodation with an immigrant, whether they are from Poland or Pakistan - then you are a bit of a loser in
my book.

If some Pole has outsted me from my employ - I wouldn't blame them - I have the advantage of language, cultural nous, contacts etc and some foreigner can get a job or house from under me? I would be ashamed but not the typical Brit racist.


Why successful people tend to be less racist is that they don't have to deal with other races. Wealthy white liberal people live in all white areas, went to white private schools, the only blacks they deal with are servants, waiters etc. Then they say look how nice black people are. Well of course they are because they have to be to keep their jobs.

Have those same liberals in a black area where they subject to crime and violence and they will change in 2 weeks. Look at all the former liberal black sash ladies against apartheid and white rule. They were all wealthy liberals who didnt work. Just charities. Within 5 years of ANC rule the likes of Suzman, Gordimer etc had emigrated to escape the consequences of their vote, and started tirades against their former black darlings. Liberalism doesn't survive reality. The more I deal with blacks, the less I want anything to do with them.


Oh yeah. And you get to deal with affirmative action where they actually 'do' take your jobs/ your women/ your neighborhoods. You sound disconnected yick... are you on the same planet? You must be of a privileged class or escaped this somehow. You definitely don't sound in touch...that's just my opinion.
I don't blame black people. I blame media and politics...
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby yick » January 27th, 2017, 10:56 am

Eric wrote:
Oh yeah. And you get to deal with affirmative action where they actually 'do' take your jobs/ your women/ your neighborhoods. You sound disconnected yick... are you on the same planet?

NOT in Britain, and especially not where I am - is it like that where you are? I've never been there, I don't know, but don't assume it's the same where I am as it is where you are from - it isn't, at all.


You must be of a privileged class or escaped this somehow. You definitely don't sound in touch...that's just my opinion.


Very much working class, I probably grew up and lived a less privileged lifestyle than most people here.
yick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 780
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Kradmelder » January 27th, 2017, 11:19 am

yick wrote:
Eric wrote:
Oh yeah. And you get to deal with affirmative action where they actually 'do' take your jobs/ your women/ your neighborhoods. You sound disconnected yick... are you on the same planet?

NOT in Britain, and especially not where I am - is it like that where you are? I've never been there, I don't know, but don't assume it's the same where I am as it is where you are from - it isn't, at all.


You must be of a privileged class or escaped this somehow. You definitely don't sound in touch...that's just my opinion.


Very much working class, I probably grew up and lived a less privileged lifestyle than most people here.


:shock: :shock: :shock: Since when have they let the peasants and serfs off the land and ghettos to come mix with the higher classes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now get back to work before the Lord of the Manor finds you mixing and having tea with the gentleman classes and has you flogged or shipped to australia :mrgreen:
User avatar
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby IraqVet2003 » January 27th, 2017, 11:26 am

zboy1 wrote:One of the reasons why I left the U.S. was for the same exact reason you described, re85with. It's seems for Black and Asian men in America, we're being constantly judged on our race, which gets annoying after a while.

You feel as though you're constantly being watched and judged upon, either for acting like the stereotypes people have of Black or Asian people, or even when you're not! If you not a tough, Black ghetto hoodrat or if you're a smooth, alpha Asian male, you're still going to get unfairly noticed. That is, people are surprised you're not a stereotype. So, either way, it's a difficult pill to swallow.

American's like to judge based on race, but not on Whites for some reason. ...

That is why many Whites dismiss racism and act all 'high and mighty' when it comes to complaints about racism. But in all fairness, multiculturalism is a disaster and trying to get different races to like each other is an impossibility, considering, for example, how European and Asian countries--which are essentially made up of people from the same racial stock (Caucasian and Asian)--historically, unable to get along with each other, so how do the multiculturalists' expect people of different ethnic backgrounds to do this?

As an Asian American in the U.S., I feel as though if I make a mistake or do something wrong, people are looking at me and categorizing my behavior as a whole, and not as an individual. I mean, shit! I thought we're supposed to judge people on an individual basis and not as a group, but American's are unable to do this!

In the States, there is a constant racial tension that is present no matter where you go. I've had men of other races eye me and try to f**k with me for being Asian; likewise, I've seen White guys get physically attacked just for being 'White' in a Black neighborhood, or Black men mistreated by racist Whites. It's a never-ending cycle, which is the reason why the U.S. has such high crime rates and lot's of violence compared to other countries. And this phenomenon is not just strictly limited to the United States. I saw this same phenomenon happen in England and Canada as well. So, this is most likely an Anglo, Western problem.

The media is also responsible for stirring up race issues by constantly bringing the topic to the forefront, every possible chance. As I said to others in my Wechat group, Asian countries may be xenophobic and racist, but I'm not bombarded by race on a daily basis like I am in the States. American's and Anglos', in particular, seem to obsessed with the topic of race. I'd rather not be reminded of my race in a constant fashion, because, firstly, I don't normally like to talk about the issue and, secondly, it becomes a distraction in my life.


Great post Zboy!!!!!
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 517
Joined: March 27th, 2014, 1:42 am

Re: Why US Cares More About Race/Personality Than Others

Postby Moretorque » January 27th, 2017, 3:18 pm

oUR RULERS ARE THE ONES WHO REALLY USE RACE TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER FOR THEIR SOCIALIST AGENDA TO GET THE DESIRED affect. The whites are to be displaced because they believe they are the major obstacle that can stop them in what is really truly the complete dumbing down of society on a almost global scale.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4416
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron