Defining freedom

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Defining freedom

Post by droid »

zambales wrote:..
^haha ok that beats anything i have seen in vietnam, although i have a collection of those kind of shots, I'll share some soon. The one pic i regret missing was the one of a guy with a 5" industrial saw blade wrapped around his waist.
Also, having red lights be optional if you are in a bit of rush does really seem to have an efficiency to it.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

droid wrote:
moretorque wrote:Property rights is a major indicator of freedom, read Alan Greenspan's paper called " Gold and Economic Freedom ".
I own no gold nor do I promote it, Greenspan makes the point that unbacked currencies are a wealth confiscation mechanism used by fascist in deficit spending.... If you don't own your own dwelling you have a major problem as far as being free!
Well yeah any form of currency or property can be confiscated one way or another, it's not so much the form of property but the fact the government is allowed to tap pretty much at will. Even if a currency is "backed" they will still print the bonds and spend on warfare/welfare. Gold bugs think the 'intrinsic' value of gold will prevent out of control printing by legislating a limit tied to the metal, but such legislation doesn't need a metal if there is the will to put a cap anyway. Gold is just another false choice.
Basically, this is the truth, in the UK - there's inheritance tax and because most people get a mortgage - their house can be repossessed at any time. I have nothing against buying property with a large sum of cash, that's what I am planning on doing for my old age but no-one should be under the illusion that their home - because they have bought it - is safe.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... ay-6649206

https://www.theguardian.com/football/da ... david-conn

Liverpool FC want to extend their stadium and had to build a street that was by the stadium - four people in this street refuse to move and the council are getting very very angry...

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson said: “My message (to the owners) is talk to us, we are listening to you ... we are offering, in my view, a good deal.

“It’s market value and I think they will want to talk to us because if they don’t we will move ahead with the plans in the proposal and we will look at compulsory purchase.

“They need to understand that I’m not going to sit back and let this scheme be held up by a few people.

“We are being fair, honest and open with them and the reality is it’s for them to communicate with us and do a deal, because we are not going to hold back on this development.”

That's something a Mafia boss would say. :lol:

Buying property is a good idea in the right circumstances but it is a plane for people to get robbed silly by the government.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

droid wrote:
It's amazing how much freedom you can have in Asia, its pretty safe but you also don't have cops on every corner watching you making sure your brake light isn't broken, or if you rolled your wheels ever so slightly in front of a stop sign. This is not for everyone though because if you really do have some problem there is no "safety net" etc.
This is true, there are many many freedoms in Asia, even somewhere like South Korea is a lot more free than the UK in my opinion. Mortueque won't know about this because he's never ever left America. :lol:

The more you own, the more you can be got at, which is where there are such thing as car and house alarms.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

yick wrote:
droid wrote:
moretorque wrote:Property rights is a major indicator of freedom, read Alan Greenspan's paper called " Gold and Economic Freedom ".
I own no gold nor do I promote it, Greenspan makes the point that unbacked currencies are a wealth confiscation mechanism used by fascist in deficit spending.... If you don't own your own dwelling you have a major problem as far as being free!
Well yeah any form of currency or property can be confiscated one way or another, it's not so much the form of property but the fact the government is allowed to tap pretty much at will. Even if a currency is "backed" they will still print the bonds and spend on warfare/welfare. Gold bugs think the 'intrinsic' value of gold will prevent out of control printing by legislating a limit tied to the metal, but such legislation doesn't need a metal if there is the will to put a cap anyway. Gold is just another false choice.
Basically, this is the truth, in the UK - there's inheritance tax and because most people get a mortgage - their house can be repossessed at any time. I have nothing against buying property with a large sum of cash, that's what I am planning on doing for my old age but no-one should be under the illusion that their home - because they have bought it - is safe.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... ay-6649206

https://www.theguardian.com/football/da ... david-conn

Liverpool FC want to extend their stadium and had to build a street that was by the stadium - four people in this street refuse to move and the council are getting very very angry...

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson said: “My message (to the owners) is talk to us, we are listening to you ... we are offering, in my view, a good deal.

“It’s market value and I think they will want to talk to us because if they don’t we will move ahead with the plans in the proposal and we will look at compulsory purchase.

“They need to understand that I’m not going to sit back and let this scheme be held up by a few people.

“We are being fair, honest and open with them and the reality is it’s for them to communicate with us and do a deal, because we are not going to hold back on this development.”

That's something a Mafia boss would say. :lol:

Buying property is a good idea in the right circumstances but it is a plane for people to get robbed silly by the government.
I own a house with no mortgage. I just keep the bond at like R100 for the last 10 years as keeping it open is a way to easily draw very large sums of cash at prime -2% interest with no approval (up to the value of your bond).

What we have though is land claims. Some darkie can come make a claim against your house. Largely it is false. What happens is if he wants your farm he makes a claim. the state prosecutes his claim at no expense to him. You need a lawyer and it costs you lots of money but you will win. Then he gets another darkie to make a claim and so on. Eventually the endless huge expense of legal fees, forces you to see, but no one will be a farm with claims on it. So some darkie politician buys it at a pittance.

So it is best to avoid buying land near open space near black areas. If not land claims there will be constant attacks on your home until they murder you. Or you will have squatters moving in.

the best strategy is diversify. have some secure property in an area in demand, investments off shore across the globe (with whites you can trust, never jew brokers), some short term and some long term investments.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

yick wrote:
droid wrote:
It's amazing how much freedom you can have in Asia, its pretty safe but you also don't have cops on every corner watching you making sure your brake light isn't broken, or if you rolled your wheels ever so slightly in front of a stop sign. This is not for everyone though because if you really do have some problem there is no "safety net" etc.
This is true, there are many many freedoms in Asia, even somewhere like South Korea is a lot more free than the UK in my opinion. Mortueque won't know about this because he's never ever left America. :lol:

The more you own, the more you can be got at, which is where there are such thing as car and house alarms.
That thinking of I cant buy what i want because it may get taken from me is an enslaving mentality in itself. You are letting others control what you do and buy. That is why i hate gated communities and will never live in one. It means others dictate how I live. The innocent must live behind bars while the criminals walk free. We partially give up freedom by having to patrol our streets and have beams, armed response etc. But then kids and women can walk the streets at night. We see darkies come in we pull them over. Catch them in a break-in we shoot the black bastards. You give up a evening every 3 weeks for your shift, and I have to do armed response at times, but can live free. Let the darkie criminal live in fear of being caught by whitey.