How do you act when you're in a normal healthy environment?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

How do you act when you're in a normal healthy environment?

Post by Nailer »

I'm staying in the midwest right now, and it's actually pretty good for women, for me. Where I am, there are lots of attractive women I talk to every day, and they are pretty nice. The gender ratio is about even, and there's not a ton of tatted-up hyper-aggressive guys.

I notice two things:
1. I am on better behavior now because I feel like other people treat me with politeness and respect, so I have no reason to be rude or bitter towards others.
2. I don't feel a strong urge to chase after any pretty girl, since there are so many to choose from. However, this makes me a bit confused because I don't know how to express interest now. Previously, if a girl wasn't fat or ugly I would pursue her, by default.

I've literally never been in this kind of situation before, and I am not sure how to handle it. I haven't made a move on any chicks because this is so different I am just trying to take it all in.

At this point I am just talking to people and getting to know them without explicitly flirting. I'm not trying to sexualize my interactions at all, I'm just putting myself out there a bit and being in a good mood.

Any thoughts? Has anyone experienced this kind of thing? I am used to having to make a beeline for the only attractive girl I see each week, and this is totally different. At this point I am just looking for an obvious opportunity, someone that meets me halfway. I feel pretty good about this because I see tons of attractive girls all the time, instead of one a day.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: How do you act when you're in a normal healthy environme

Post by Kradmelder »

Nailer wrote:I'm staying in the midwest right now, and it's actually pretty good for women, for me. Where I am, there are lots of attractive women I talk to every day, and they are pretty nice. The gender ratio is about even, and there's not a ton of tatted-up hyper-aggressive guys.

I notice two things:
1. I am on better behavior now because I feel like other people treat me with politeness and respect, so I have no reason to be rude or bitter towards others.
2. I don't feel a strong urge to chase after any pretty girl, since there are so many to choose from. However, this makes me a bit confused because I don't know how to express interest now. Previously, if a girl wasn't fat or ugly I would pursue her, by default.

I've literally never been in this kind of situation before, and I am not sure how to handle it. I haven't made a move on any chicks because this is so different I am just trying to take it all in.

At this point I am just talking to people and getting to know them without explicitly flirting. I'm not trying to sexualize my interactions at all, I'm just putting myself out there a bit and being in a good mood.

Any thoughts? Has anyone experienced this kind of thing? I am used to having to make a beeline for the only attractive girl I see each week, and this is totally different. At this point I am just looking for an obvious opportunity, someone that meets me halfway. I feel pretty good about this because I see tons of attractive girls all the time, instead of one a day.
Don't look. When you look you end up with wrong ones. Sit back and a nice one will come along that catches your eye. Her decent and character will shine. Then chase that one. It will seem like no effort at all and she will meet you more than half way.
In the meantime pomp what comes your way easy but don't get distracted and think pomping is 'true love'.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Normal and healthy.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Nailer wrote:I'm staying in the midwest right now, and it's actually pretty good for women, for me. Where I am, there are lots of attractive women I talk to every day, and they are pretty nice. The gender ratio is about even, and there's not a ton of tatted-up hyper-aggressive guys.
I have lived in the Midwest my whole life (in a big metro area) and I am seeing the exact opposite you what you are experiencing. Where I live there are almost no single women and the few single women you do see are mostly overweight or unattractive.

The people are not friendly and are rather hostile to one another, (people drive aggressively and people don't talk to their neighbors).

What part of the Midwest are you staying in?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Kradmelder wrote:
Nailer wrote:Don't look. When you look you end up with wrong ones. Sit back and a nice one will come along that catches your eye. Her decent and character will shine. Then chase that one. It will seem like no effort at all and she will meet you more than half way.
In the meantime pomp what comes your way easy but don't get distracted and think pomping is 'true love'.
Normally this would be terrible advice, but when there are enough women around it actually makes sense.

I am near Minneapolis.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Nailer wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:
Nailer wrote:Don't look. When you look you end up with wrong ones. Sit back and a nice one will come along that catches your eye. Her decent and character will shine. Then chase that one. It will seem like no effort at all and she will meet you more than half way.
Normally this would be terrible advice, but when there are enough women around it actually makes sense.

I am near Minneapolis.

That is exactly the point. You said a normal healthy environment, and decent women to chose from. The decent women will have much competition and will be more eager for a man than vice versa. So sit back and see which have have something to offer you, not just they want from you. The decent ones can't just spread their legs to attract a man as they want one that will stick around. That means they must compete by other means, like how they can make your life better. It is not a very common for a man to experience this unless you are in a very traditional area.

Contrary to popular belief, women do chase. Just not like men do. They just try and find ways for encounters. Maybe your in the right place.