Working In Ireland If You Take Courses?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Working In Ireland If You Take Courses?

Post by Wolfeye »

Hey, everybody. I recently came across an interesting bit of information: It seems you can just show up in Ireland, enroll in courses (6 months or longer, I believe), and work at the same time. You just take the papers to their immigration & you get a permit that lets you work on a limited level.

This is quite interesting news, considering you (at least so far as I know) need to go back to your own country to get visas for work or school in the EU countries- a royal pain in the ass, especially considering that the American embassy would or could likely get all your American information & just give it to the other one.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Working In Ireland If You Take Courses?

Post by xiongmao »

It's good in theory but in practice it's an expensive place to live and it would suck to have a low paid job and try to survive in Dublin.

But if you have an in demand skill (especially relating to IT) then you can earn loads there.

Eurobrat knows more about working in Ireland, not sure if he's around here at the moment.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Sounds interesting. If you hear from him, please ask him about the concept.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

So what happened to Slovakia? I thought you'd be there by now. You owe us a report.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I ran low on funds. I was going to cut straight through to Bratislava from Prague, but I actually couldn't find any buses or trains for that. Suprisingly, they just went through Vienna & Budapest to get there- since I wanted to go to those places anyway, I went that way. THEN, I lost my bank card (twice) & had to stay where I was longer- this ate up some of my money & I couldn't afford the there-and-back at that point. So I shot straight to either Zurich or Milan (not sure which one came first), then to Paris, then Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, and (now) Lisbon. Got a plane to Canada & I'll see how accommodations are to figure out if I'm staying for a while or if I'm shooting right back to New York.

The plan that I came up with & might try later on is to go from Slovakia to Romania to Bulgaria to Greece by land, then Italy to Spain to Portugal by water. The problem was that nothing was running this time of year on the water & I'd have needed more money than I had at that point (started off with enough, but I somehow pissed about half of that away in America before I left).