Married Couple From America Explain Why Moved To Switzerland

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Married Couple From America Explain Why Moved To Switzerland

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an interesting video from a married couple from America, explaining why they moved to Switzerland.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5tZBvkYTo[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Masculine&Proud
Freshman Poster

Re: Married Couple From America Explain Why Moved To Switzer

Post by Masculine&Proud »

I have always considered moving to Switzerland, now I'm really interested! I like the non-disposable household items philosophy and I buy a lot of Swedish, Swiss, English and German products. In Australia we earn less than they do in the US. Sweden would be heaven, especially with a wife like his! :shock:
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

She just answered my main question in the first 30 sec, how could they move there being American? Well, he is Swiss so that pretty much sums it up right there. Switzerland has extremely tough visa rules for foreigners and unless you marry someone that is a resident of the country or maybe have the big bucks to open a business or buy property there, you aren't going to be able to live there full time. So it's pretty much pointless to even consider it as an option unless you could somehow marry a Swiss girl, and I highly doubt she would be interested in a Westerner running away from their multicultural, Western, balkanized hell holes.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Mr S wrote:She just answered my main question in the first 30 sec, how could they move there being American? Well, he is Swiss so that pretty much sums it up right there. Switzerland has extremely tough visa rules for foreigners and unless you marry someone that is a resident of the country or maybe have the big bucks to open a business or buy property there, you aren't going to be able to live there full time. So it's pretty much pointless to even consider it as an option unless you could somehow marry a Swiss girl, and I highly doubt she would be interested in a Westerner running away from their multicultural, Western, balkanized hell holes.
Yeah...Clickbait American Videos...I thought Indians were bad in this...Americans are just as sneaky as Asians to promote a thing while conveniently missing the main point.

Even Germans cannot move to switzerland that easily & Germans face racism in Switzerland. I only found this when I was working in Germany. :shock: :shock:

Germans experience tide of xenophobia

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/germans-exp ... ia/8292198

You would think of all the people Germans would have easy in Switzerland since they speak same language and close to each other...On the contrary...They face most discrimination in Switzerland than anywhere else...very interesting article..
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Foreign property purchase to face restrictions

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/real-estate ... s/43020342
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.