Job Pays ~$65K no degree required

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: Job Pays ~$65K no degree required

Post by Devil Dog »

Cornfed wrote:Posts like this are like various suggestions to get quality AW. There are just not enough positions available, so there is no possible way that most people can succeed in this. To get a job like this out of school or whatever you would need luck or good connections.
And yet people are succeeding in this every day. The losers who are afraid to try are not among those who succeed.

One more possibility to add: Look at a company which trains web developers, Galvanize. I know a person who took a 6 month course and landed a $75K job before the class ended. It costs around $20,000 if I recall correctly, consider the cost and length of time and it works out a lot better than a university degree.

Of course, the cornh*les of the world will look online, and find one negative review of this company, thus 'proving' that it is a scam. The bottom line is if you have balls and pursue success, you are reasonably likely to find it. If you are a p***y, who only wants to rationalize your failure, then you will continue to be a failure.
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Post by xtravel »

MrMan wrote:
xtravel wrote:One more I meant to mention but forgot.

Manufactured spending.
Have you ever done this?
No, I've a full time job that pays much more.
MrMan wrote: I suspect this isn't possible.

As I told you before, visit http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufact ... nding-719/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/wiki/ ... d_spending .
MrMan wrote:
Is a pre-paid credit card actually worth the face-value of the card?

Code: Select all

While most gift cards have activation fees, these can be offset by buying them at a store that qualifies for a category bonus on your credit card (e.g. at a grocery store using an Amex Everyday Preferred for 6% back, or at an office supply store using a Chase Ink+ for 5% back). One-time promotions can make the deal even sweeter (e.g. "$20 off when buying $300 worth of gift cards" at Staples).
wingfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by wingfeather »

I personally don't recommend web development as a career to anyone. 15 years ago the average web monkey was a god & the pay was above average, but today you're seen as a burden who can be replaced by an outsourced Indian or Filipino.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

wingfeather wrote:I personally don't recommend web development as a career to anyone. 15 years ago the average web monkey was a god & the pay was above average, but today you're seen as a burden who can be replaced by an outsourced Indian or Filipino.
Of course not, this is HA where everything is hopeless. I know one person who went the route that I mentioned. It worked perfectly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:I know one person who went the route that I mentioned. It worked perfectly.
Well then, if you know of one person it worked for, that of course proves that it will work for absolutely everyone in the world anywhere at any time, unless they are bad people. I know someone who won a million dollars in the lottery. Lets all just do that. :roll:
wingfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by wingfeather »

If you are an attractive white American female, the odds are significantly better. The only positive example I know of (maybe this is the ONE person you are referring to, Devil Dog lol) is a cute petite white American girl. She makes over $100k doing the same work I used to do for less than half that salary, and she is treated like a princess on a pedestal :evil:

There is a whole movement to get "girls into tech" because of the supposed intentional bias against women in this field. Reverse discrimination at its finest...
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Cornfed wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:I know one person who went the route that I mentioned. It worked perfectly.
Well then, if you know of one person it worked for, that of course proves that it will work for absolutely everyone in the world anywhere at any time, unless they are bad people. I know someone who won a million dollars in the lottery. Lets all just do that. :roll:
You are a loser, cornh*le. Have you ever heard the term 'crab mentality'? Look it up. It kills you that people can succeed in life, because you can't. You do your best to convince everyone else that bettering their situation is impossible, so you feel better about your failures.