Russian Culture compared with American Culture?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Remiboy
Freshman Poster

Re: Russian Culture compared with American Culture?

Post by Remiboy »

What really strikes in socialization with Russians is their being kinds unfriendly/apprehensive in the beginning. But when you get to know a person deeeper, he/she really opens up.
We(occidental people) usually are more amicable when it comes to just casual acquaintance and it's really hard to "break the ice" to know deep in this case
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: Russian Culture compared with American Culture?

Post by GoingAwol »

Adama wrote:
June 17th, 2017, 7:47 pm
I don't know about Russian, but I do know about American. It is almost a crime to talk to a woman if you don't know her here. You can't just talk to normal women here. They are not so nice that they will allow men to talk to them. Many are too important to give the time of day to anyone except for someone they already know.

Also, many women are criminals (psychologically and emotionally) who are just looking to string men along for ego boosts, using attraction and rejection as proof of how beautiful and powerful they are. Or they just like to put men in the friend zone. Many American women are not genuine in their intentions and have some underlying sinister motive to use the man rather than to simply engage in a mutually beneficial relationship based upon love or family.

And if you try to seek help or try to get understanding from others on this behavior of women, you will be insulted and shamed for seeing reality clearly.

Probably many American men are being bossed around by their wives, or manipulated by their wives through threats of withholding marital relations, or manipulated by threats of removing their children and enforcing child support payments, or any number of extraordinary conditions by which men are constrained and in which women hold power.

American men are in a deep, narrow pit as far as their rights are concerned, and if you bring it to their awareness they will hate you for it. Same with women and their socially criminal behavior. If you mention (many of) these women are emotional vampires people will dismiss you, when that's what they live for. I have not encountered women playing these games to destroy hearts and souls in Europe when I lived there, like American women play routinely with men here. They think they are just having good fun by initiating flirting and then rejecting and later defaming the man's name. I have not seen women playing this game in Europe with regards to meeting people and initiating relationships. And I have not had a problem talking to women who were strangers in Europe like here. In many places you can walk up to anyone and talk to them, because they're not all so self important and conceited. But here if you tried that with women they'd call it harassment, and they certainly will NOT stop to talk to you.
American women can be truly sociopathic. I had a girl flirt with me all last year at university. She was very friendly/smiley, brought up sex in conversation in roundabout ways, and even complimented my appearance multiple times. She also asked about my life and even directly asked me if I had a girlfriend. All signs pointed to her being attracted to me, right? Well, when I finally asked her out, it turned out that she had already been dating a guy for many months. And she had been flirting with me and leading me on all that time! The icing on the cake was how she became very standoffish after I asked her out and acted like I did something bad or wrong when I was just a lonely man responding to her social cues. And other women I have told about that situation defended the girl. They said there is no harm in just flirting and I'm the problem because I don't understand the difference between just flirting for fun and real attraction.