Walk away from bad company

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Walk away from bad company

Post by mattyman »

If you're among friends and the bump into people you don't know, you introduce yourself, get introduced by your friends or at the least, try to join in their conversation and throw a thread in. What if you do all that, and you are completely ignored? In my book, that's not acceptable. My younger self would have said 'it's all your problem, you should have been more impressive', my current self would say 'nagh, it's their problem, you've done what you can, it's their problem, there's better out there, save your time, save your energy'.

I was in one of these situations tonight. I walked away from it rather than accept an offer to go to the next place (which would inevitably be exactly the same tone). I know I've done the right thing, I know I'm saving my money, my time and energy to invest in a better social environment. I feel good, I know I've done the right thing.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Walk away from bad company

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

mattyman wrote:If you're among friends and the bump into people you don't know, you introduce yourself, get introduced by your friends or at the least, try to join in their conversation and throw a thread in. What if you do all that, and you are completely ignored? In my book, that's not acceptable. My younger self would have said 'it's all your problem, you should have been more impressive', my current self would say 'nagh, it's their problem, you've done what you can, it's their problem, there's better out there, save your time, save your energy'.

I was in one of these situations tonight. I walked away from it rather than accept an offer to go to the next place (which would inevitably be exactly the same tone). I know I've done the right thing, I know I'm saving my money, my time and energy to invest in a better social environment. I feel good, I know I've done the right thing.
Most people, especially strangers, would smile, nod, chuckle, or remark just to politely acknowledge your input even if just to be polite. In this insular, clique-based culture, there is in-group and out-group mentality prevailing with some people.

Although it applies to the opposite sex mostly, rejection is said to be a gift from god because it is a clue that you are avoiding or averting negative associations and leaves you ready to be associated with more appropriate people.

It is not you, trust me, on that.....
Jinmichigan75
Freshman Poster

Re: Walk away from bad company

Post by Jinmichigan75 »

So true! There are so many great people in this world. I decided a few years ago if it wasn't working out with friends and I had to try to make it work, then move on right away.