Why I write

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why I write

Post by MrMan »

fschmidt wrote:
Zambales wrote:Even if the claim made by Eric about you trying to kill your wife isn't true, fschmidt, you didn't deny stealing thousands from customers - and with you being religious, that in my book has elevated you to the morally summit of hypocrisy.
From a strictly legal point of view, Eric's statement about stealing is also defamation because I am not technically stealing. I am just doing what most business do these days, using less than moral means to extract money from the moronic masses. This is exactly what all the big banks are doing, and all fully legally.
I did not catch that part about ripping people off. What do you do? If your objection to how bad American society is has to do with the society being immoral, why would you engage in something you consider immoral? Do you just charge above market?
In the Old Testament, God commanded the Israelites to wipe out the Moabites.
Don't you mean Amalek? Israel had some wars with Moab, but I know of no standing law that they wipe them all out. David had some Moabite ancestry through Ruth.

But killing in battle was not considered a sin.
Modern Americans are no better than Moabites, and they clearly deserve to be slaughtered. Since this is not currently possible, bankrupting them will have to do.
If Amricans are no better than Moabites, then just don't intermarry with them. Don't wipe them out.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:I did not catch that part about ripping people off. What do you do? If your objection to how bad American society is has to do with the society being immoral, why would you engage in something you consider immoral? Do you just charge above market?
I am not going to say what I do, but the Old Testament makes clear that moral rules do not apply to evil cultures, so there no reason not to rip them off.
Don't you mean Amalek? Israel had some wars with Moab, but I know of no standing law that they wipe them all out. David had some Moabite ancestry through Ruth.
I am referring to Numbers 31. (Midianite and Moabite seem to be used interchangeably, I am not sure what the difference is.) The commandment wasn't to wipe them all out, just those who were nearby.
If Amricans are no better than Moabites, then just don't intermarry with them. Don't wipe them out.
I am not going to wipe them out, God will.

http://www.mikraite.org/Translating-Psa ... p1538.html
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:If we are going to start having standards of decorum here, I'd be glad to tone it down on the members that like to full-contact spar with me. But since the forum is run in the spirit of uncensored speech, I give it and I take it as need be.

But insulting a moderator is biting the hand that feeds. Not so smart.....
That isn't the point. I would ban anyone who did this to anyone else, not just to me. And it isn't about insults. Eric has been insulting me forever and I didn't do anything. It is about defamation.

defamation - the act of communicating false statements about a person that injure the reputation of that person
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/defamation

It was the false statement that I threatened to kill my wife that got Eric banned. And I will ban anyone who does something like this to anyone else.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

fschmidt wrote: That isn't the point. I would ban anyone who did this to anyone else, not just to me. And it isn't about insults. Eric has been insulting me forever and I didn't do anything. It is about defamation.

defamation - the act of communicating false statements about a person that injure the reputation of that person
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/defamation

It was the false statement that I threatened to kill my wife that got Eric banned. And I will ban anyone who does something like this to anyone else.
Where were you when tapioca posted those pics of a tattoed douchebag in phillipines, and claimed it was me, on my thread. He then later insisted I am supposedly some tall fat guy or what not.
?

The way it looks, you just shut Eric down before he could produce your post. He could've been bluffing, but this is how it looks.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

droid wrote:The way it looks, you just shut Eric down before he could produce your post. He could've been bluffing, but this is how it looks.
I know the posts that Eric was referring to, and his interpretation of them is a gross distortion at best.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

^
+1 Ok
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

fschmidt wrote: I am not going to say what I do, but the Old Testament makes clear that moral rules do not apply to evil cultures, so there no reason not to rip them off.
Money is the root of all evil. Thou shall not steal.

Both are from the bible with the latter being one of the ten commandments.

Do I need to say anymore?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

MarcosZeitola wrote:With the removal of Eric, nothing of value was lost.

There are a lot of other members who frequently engage in personal attacks. For example, CE calling married members such as MrMan 'cucks' and insinuating they're not real men in debates. Or Cornfed referring to black members as monkeys on a regular basis. But those members at least add the occasional insightful comment. Eric does not - his frequent text walls and overly aggressive persona appear to be the work of a rather elaborate troll with far too much time on his hands.

Honest question: who here would miss Eric?
Eric's at a low ebb and is frustrated at the world around him which is understandable. He may be prone to the odd outburst but I see him as a decent guy who's not afraid to speak his mind. His unique style of writing is kind of amusing at times too.

Eric just needs a good woman in his life like a lot of us do. I hope he finds her.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Zambales wrote:
fschmidt wrote: I am not going to say what I do, but the Old Testament makes clear that moral rules do not apply to evil cultures, so there no reason not to rip them off.

Suppose I pick up a rock and sell it to you on the grounds that it keeps tigers away, since here is the rock and you don’t see any tigers. You as a full voting citizen capable of serving on juries and holding public office. Have I stolen from you? You might see it as the moral equivalency of stealing or at least somewhat bad, but if you are not one of my tribe and there are not many honest ways of making money in the multicult, is it really wrong? Well, maybe. Just a thought.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Cornfed wrote:
Zambales wrote:

Suppose I pick up a rock and sell it to you on the grounds that it keeps tigers away, since here is the rock and you don’t see any tigers. You as a full voting citizen capable of serving on juries and holding public office. Have I stolen from you? You might see it as the moral equivalency of stealing or at least somewhat bad, but if you are not one of my tribe and there are not many honest ways of making money in the multicult, is it really wrong? Well, maybe. Just a thought.
Selling one rock to survive versus A greedy religious individual ripping off customers for thousands.

Is.

Not the same thing.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Maybe your thinking has been contaminated with some evil version of Judaism you are concerned about. If you steal from a Gentile, you are still violating 'Thou shalt not steal.' Slaying in battle isn't counted as murder, nor is taking spoils of war. Think about the civil war between David and Ishbosheth, where they fought each other, and I think it was Joab who told Abner's brother, I think it was, to slay would of the other men and take his stuff. But David slew a Hittite knight of his with the sword of the Amorites and got in trouble for it. Weren't the HIttites a corrupt culture?
I am referring to Numbers 31. (Midianite and Moabite seem to be used interchangeably, I am not sure what the difference is.) The commandment wasn't to wipe them all out, just those who were nearby.

Moab and Israel had comman ancestors. Moab and Ammon were descended from Abraham's nephew Lot. Israel fights Midian and camps in the plains of Moab. MIdian was a nomadic tribe. They may have been associated closely with the Kenites and the land where Mt. Horeb/Sinai is.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Everyone knows God is against evil. When God had told the Israelites to do such and such, He wasn't approving of the Israelites doing evil. He was in judgment of those people who had rebelled against Him. He was not saying that the Israelites are supposed to go around destroying people because they are evil. That is something reserved to God.

And anyone saying that we are to destroy evil people obviously hasn't read anything in Psalms. It is clear that we are to cease from anger, depart from evil, because God will cut off all evildoers. Our job is to wait upon God to exercise His righteous judgment against the evildoers. Because since He is the Creator and Law Giver, the Judge, only He is able to condemn. You didn't make the people. Neither have you created the heavens or the earth.

Therefore as a person it is not for you to go around destroying others for you perceive as their evil deeds. Let God repay. That is the humility which God demands. Destroying other people is self worship. It is idolatry. It is self-exaltation. It is pride, and this is why God hates pride. Pride is raising up the self to destroy other people for glory. God has not approved of this. In fact, those who do these things are (in danger of rendering themselves) openly His enemies.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:But David slew a Hittite knight of his with the sword of the Amorites and got in trouble for it. Weren't the HIttites a corrupt culture?
Are you talking about Uriah here? Uriah was an Israelite of Hittite ancestry, but what matters is that he clearly was an Israelite since he was fighting in the Israelite army.