Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Which city has the lowest class expats?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Which city has the lowest class expats?

Postby MoreMinerals » October 23rd, 2017, 4:15 pm

Out of all the cities you've visited, which ones seemed to attract the most low class, dingy expats?
MoreMinerals
Freshman Poster

Re: Which city has the lowest class expats?

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » October 23rd, 2017, 5:06 pm

MoreMinerals wrote:Out of all the cities you've visited, which ones seemed to attract the most low class, dingy expats?

Bangkok, Angeles City, Sydney, Hong Kong. Mainly Anglosphere cities that are not American.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby MoreMinerals » October 23rd, 2017, 6:07 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
MoreMinerals wrote:Out of all the cities you've visited, which ones seemed to attract the most low class, dingy expats?

Bangkok, Angeles City, Sydney, Hong Kong. Mainly Anglosphere cities that are not American.

Thanks! What about places like Pattaya, Bali, Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai?
MoreMinerals
Freshman Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » October 23rd, 2017, 8:39 pm

A low class expat is almost an oxymoron, because the term tends to imply a purposeful status. Migrant, drifter, or rootless person are more often used to describe the lower class expatriate.

But I would have to say Goa, India which in notorious for attracting hippie, pot-smoking, dregs who have an almost communal ethic of poverty about themselves.

Key West is full of non-Americans who dominate the low-level service industry.

Kiev tends to be filled with a bunch of Turkish, Iranian, and Western slogs who go there to disguise just how low-class they are.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » October 25th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Bangkok. When I was there with Falcon, Everdred and Rock we were seemingly the only guys without armfuls of tattooes.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Yohan » October 25th, 2017, 7:17 pm

Pattaya has a large selection of any kind of 'low-life expats' you can imagine - mostly coming in from EU/UK, some also from Russia and Australia/NewZealand.

However there are many other short-time foreign visitors and also many financial stable long-stay foreigners living there, and not every place is the same, Pattaya/Jomtien is a large area with millions of foreigners coming and going all the time.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions