Which city has the lowest class expats?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MoreMinerals
Freshman Poster

Which city has the lowest class expats?

Post by MoreMinerals »

Out of all the cities you've visited, which ones seemed to attract the most low class, dingy expats?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Which city has the lowest class expats?

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MoreMinerals wrote:Out of all the cities you've visited, which ones seemed to attract the most low class, dingy expats?
Bangkok, Angeles City, Sydney, Hong Kong. Mainly Anglosphere cities that are not American.
MoreMinerals
Freshman Poster

Post by MoreMinerals »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
MoreMinerals wrote:Out of all the cities you've visited, which ones seemed to attract the most low class, dingy expats?
Bangkok, Angeles City, Sydney, Hong Kong. Mainly Anglosphere cities that are not American.
Thanks! What about places like Pattaya, Bali, Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

A low class expat is almost an oxymoron, because the term tends to imply a purposeful status. Migrant, drifter, or rootless person are more often used to describe the lower class expatriate.

But I would have to say Goa, India which in notorious for attracting hippie, pot-smoking, dregs who have an almost communal ethic of poverty about themselves.

Key West is full of non-Americans who dominate the low-level service industry.

Kiev tends to be filled with a bunch of Turkish, Iranian, and Western slogs who go there to disguise just how low-class they are.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Bangkok. When I was there with Falcon, Everdred and Rock we were seemingly the only guys without armfuls of tattooes.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Pattaya has a large selection of any kind of 'low-life expats' you can imagine - mostly coming in from EU/UK, some also from Russia and Australia/NewZealand.

However there are many other short-time foreign visitors and also many financial stable long-stay foreigners living there, and not every place is the same, Pattaya/Jomtien is a large area with millions of foreigners coming and going all the time.