Why are Americans friendlier in nature, hiking, camping?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Why are Americans friendlier in nature, hiking, camping?

Post by Winston »

Have you noticed this pattern:

In cities, suburbs and neighborhoods, Americans dont talk to strangers.

But when you go hiking in nature or stay in campgrounds, suddenly people are very relaxed and open and sociable and love saying hi and making small talk.

Have you noticed that? Lol. Its a very consistent pattern. Why do you think that is?

Also another funny oddity is that in war movies, american soldiers treat their follow soldiers as though they were brothers and willing to risk their lives to save each other.

However, if these same americans lived in the same neighborhood in the american suburbs they would treat each other as though they were invisible and didn't exist. Maybe theyd exchange a few "hello nice weather today" type greetings only. Lol. Funny huh?

As to going to church, that varies. In some churches people are very sociable and friendly and will ask a newcomer questions about themselves. In others you only get a superficial hello and welcome. And in others they ignore you.

However if you go to a Mormon church in Utah, they act like engaging you and converting you is a top priority. As though you are a primary target for conversion. Lol. All that attention is nice but theres an ulterior motive behind it and you feel pressured to please them and pretend to be interested in Mormonism. Lol

You should try walking into a Mormon church. Then you'll know what it feels like to be a primary target. Lol. You can feel the mormons honing in on you like the Predator movies where the predator uses that red triangle in his thermal vision to lock on target. Lol

After the church service they dont just say thanks for coming and then let you leave. Lol. No. They take you into a private room and witness to you and have a long talk with you about the truth of Mormonism and God's word. Lol. At that point its awkward and you arent sure how to break away. Lol.

Its like a police interrogation room. Lol. Its high pressure and you feel like you have to be rude to break away. Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Americans are friendlier in nature, hiking, camping, chu

Post by Wolfeye »

You know what? I've noticed that in the rural areas & sometimes in the city. The city depends- I think I have a way that is somewhat approved-of in some cities. I think it might be the Italian thing, ha ha!

In the rural areas or in nature, I think there's less of a "red pencil" feel to it. There simply aren't many people around to impress = gain immunity from, so they don't really bother. There's a possibility it has something to do with the architecture, as well. I was watching a Paul Joseph Watson video on Why Modern Architecture Sucks (I think the exact name of the video) & it was a real trip. Apparently, there's actually a nazi root to the way buildings are & it's, surprisingly, to try to screw with people's minds.

As a side-note: What is it with the Germans?! They pull all kinds of shit like that throughout history. Right now, they're f***ing up their country & taking everyone they can with them through immigration, welfare, and blind-eye police work. Before that was WWII- say what you want, but it was a f**k-up no matter what you think of the overall mission (there are those that sympathize & those that don't- sometimes there's just different information, that may or may not be true, coming to some people & not others). Before THAT was WWI- where Germany tried to take shit over & was either treated fairly or unfairly in the aftermath. Before THAT, there was all kinds of shit that America seems to have adopted right after its founding (so besides Puritanical bullshit & the "sins of the father" from England, now there was that- sorry I can't be much more specific).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't it because people who love nature are more spiritual and down to earth? If you watch any nature documentaries, you see that the people in them who love nature are very down to earth, not materialistic or snobby at all. Also the environment in nature makes you more spiritual and down to earth as well. During my several months in the Southwest USA my mind felt so peaceful and at one with the desert. No advertising or commercials around me trying to control me. It was so tranquil. Different from civilization. When I went to Las Vegas it was a totally different matter, all consumerism and materialism there.

Down to earth people are relaxed around strangers probably because they are at one with all. Since there's peace within themselves, they are less fearful of others, especially since they presume that others around them are nature lovers too and thus similar to them. That's the more logical explanation.

Also, nature is more laid back and peaceful, so there's no stress and people are relaxed. You see this in campgrounds too. Especially in the Southwest - Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also if you visit a national park in America and stop by the visitor center, you'll notice that the park rangers are usually very friendly and down to earth, like good small town folk from Mayberry. Lol. They also look wholesome and relaxed, not stressed or impatient. No toxic vibe.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are Americans friendlier in nature, hiking, camping?

Post by Winston »

Here are some preview clips from the 12 hour PBS series "The National Parks - America's Best Idea" by Ken Burns, which is considered the best documentary on America's national parks ever produced and has won many awards.

Notice in these clips that when the nature loving producers, authors and park rangers are speaking about the grandeur of the national parks, their faces and voices seem so gentle, soothing, down to earth. They look so approachable and non-toxic. Very different from the uptight stressed out Americans you see in the suburbs, strip malls and cities. Lol

You gotta admit that for national parks and recreation, America can't be beat. Lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8WbZIWCSM[/youtube]