Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


My recent overseas travel experience.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
rainbanz
Freshman Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: March 24th, 2017, 2:43 pm

My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by rainbanz » November 9th, 2017, 11:35 pm

I remember the first time I booked a flight to a foreign country.

I was terrified.

I'd never traveled outside the U.S. on my own before. In the days leading up to my flight, just thinking about my flight made my heart pound. I'm not normally afraid of flying, but that flight in particular was nerve wrecking.

Then I landed Moscow. And within a week ...

I felt a sense of freedom like nothing I've experienced before.

All my fears disappeared. What I realized was that the world is that traveling the world is easy.

Before I went traveling, the world was this big unknown in my mind. All kinds of things could go wrong.

But once I was actually there, I saw how straightforward the world is. Everything from healthcare to renting an apartment/or hotels, from transportation to making friends - is actually a lot easier abroad than at home.

Example: getting an apartment in the U.S. involves credit checks, signing leases, all kinds of complicated stuff. In 95% of the world, you just pay someone money and they give you keys. The same is true of cars, healthcare, etc. The world is simple and easy to navigate - it's America that's complicated.

Once I realized this ...

A Whole New World of Possibilities Opened Up

I realized - could handle this. Not only could I handle this, but it was easy. And my options in life - what I could choose to do - suddenly became a lot wider.

I could climb a volcano in Philippines, then fly to Poland and ski the next week. I could go meditate in India, then dance to Bogota, Colombia. That sense of freedom - and open possibilities - is priceless.

I think anyone who's traveled more than a few weeks knows that feeling. That feeling of diving head first into the unknown and journeying into endless possibilities.

Have you felt this before? If not, what are you waiting for?

- Rain

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2407
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by MrMan » November 10th, 2017, 3:34 am

A lot of these things require having money. A lot of the posters on this forum complain about not having a good job.

Randolph
Freshman Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: June 8th, 2016, 5:18 am

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by Randolph » November 14th, 2017, 5:09 am

A lot of people either have a permanent job that ties them down or little money.

But, most people do vastly less than what they are capable of doing. Getting out of North America is possible for ordinary people.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2199
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by NorthAmericanguy » November 15th, 2017, 7:13 pm

rainbanz wrote:I remember the first time I booked a flight to a foreign country.

I was terrified.

I'd never traveled outside the U.S. on my own before. In the days leading up to my flight, just thinking about my flight made my heart pound. I'm not normally afraid of flying, but that flight in particular was nerve wrecking.

Then I landed Moscow. And within a week ...

I felt a sense of freedom like nothing I've experienced before.

All my fears disappeared. What I realized was that the world is that traveling the world is easy.

Before I went traveling, the world was this big unknown in my mind. All kinds of things could go wrong.

But once I was actually there, I saw how straightforward the world is. Everything from healthcare to renting an apartment/or hotels, from transportation to making friends - is actually a lot easier abroad than at home.

Example: getting an apartment in the U.S. involves credit checks, signing leases, all kinds of complicated stuff. In 95% of the world, you just pay someone money and they give you keys. The same is true of cars, healthcare, etc. The world is simple and easy to navigate - it's America that's complicated.

Once I realized this ...

A Whole New World of Possibilities Opened Up

I realized - could handle this. Not only could I handle this, but it was easy. And my options in life - what I could choose to do - suddenly became a lot wider.

I could climb a volcano in Philippines, then fly to Poland and ski the next week. I could go meditate in India, then dance to Bogota, Colombia. That sense of freedom - and open possibilities - is priceless.

I think anyone who's traveled more than a few weeks knows that feeling. That feeling of diving head first into the unknown and journeying into endless possibilities.

Have you felt this before? If not, what are you waiting for?

- Rain
Congratulations on your trip. As far as what's in bold, America use to be like that in the 80s and further back. What happened however is a combination of people who have ruined and taken advantage of people's kindness by trashing rental property or commiting horrible crimes along with big companies who bought up most of the real estate and have strict renting standards opposed to individual owners who are more forgiving.

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2746
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by Yohan » November 16th, 2017, 5:39 am

To get on an airplane for a long overseas flight and to explore other parts of this world is never wrong. It is also not wrong to try to learn foreign languages and to communicate with foreigners. This is especially true for US-citizens who doubt if USA is really 'the paradise on earth'.
Might be that travel costs money, but I can assure you you will never regret any of your trips.

Let me add, I am not from USA and for me USA is also an interesting place to visit.
It is a wide country, however unfortunately social life is not the best, friendly communication among people, especially between men and women is not as it should be, the dating scene is broken and full with mistrusting and overdemanding females. There are also other social problems in USA, like racist tensions, a huge prison population, and exorbitant medical fees.

Please do not misunderstand me, I am not saying USA is bad and all the others are good. USA has its problems, but it is also far away from being the worst on earth. However with frequent travel to overseas to different countries you learn how to compare them to each other - what is better or worse here and there - and this is really a good thing. You become more critical and sceptical about what you hear in the daily news, you are not the typical mainstream person anymore who is sitting in his little city in the States and is not even holding a passport.

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2746
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by Yohan » November 16th, 2017, 6:10 am

Randolph wrote:A lot of people either have a permanent job that ties them down or little money.

But, most people do vastly less than what they are capable of doing. Getting out of North America is possible for ordinary people.
Getting away for a short time is indeed possible for many people in USA if they are interested to do so.
However to settle down permanently somewhere else and to find reasonable employment is not so easy.

Of course the other situation might be, that you really have some money and do not need to work anything anymore, like receiving a good retirement allowance. In this case however the disadvantage might be your age.

It's simply said, this world is not perfect for us. We can only check, compare and have to decide what MIGHT be the best solution for us - some men have no problems in the Western world, they stay... and others like I myself had a lot of difficulties and moved away.

It's up to yourself to decide what is the best for you. The worst is if you sit down - doing nothing - and complain about your bad life...
Don't do that, be active and try to find a solution if you are dissatisfied with your present situation.

PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1729
Joined: April 21st, 2012, 11:25 am

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by PeterAndrewNolan » November 22nd, 2017, 10:19 pm

LOL! I have been to 40+ countries and worked in 20+ countries. I say Travel broadens the mind.

Those guys on this forum who read this who are tied down by a permanent job or get paid poor wages so can't travel?

I would suggest you talk to Winston about starting a biz to teach you how to become an internet marketer! I am prodding Winston to join my biz!

If he does not want to then I would like to buy advertising from me!

For example. Here is Sarah Gallo. One of my colleagues.

She runs this travel blog the five foot traveler. Check out her blog and facebook etc.

http://www.thefivefoottraveler.com/

She is 25.

She was broke arsed because she was doing this travel blog and hoping to sell ads etc but not making enough money to pay for decent accommodation.

So 8 months ago she clicks on a link to Digital Altitude and what I am in to today and she just closed $80K plus COMMISSIONS in one month to get to #2 on the monthly leaderboard.

Thats $80K in COMMISSIONS, not sales. Of course, she has to pay for her travel and all that out of her commissions. And this has been her best month so far.

Also, of course, she is a 6 and female and 25 so you know who she is selling to......simps and women who want the same lifestyle.

Winston already has the travel blog side of it down pat.....I think he could start a bit of a school of how to become a marketer to HAers just like I am doing for MGTOWs.

And the secret gentlemen? Don't sell to men. Sell to WOMEN. Because when WOMEN buy something they are buying it with some mans money, not their own, so it is MUCH faster to sell to women than men.

In the MGTOW space I am selling to men and they are selling to women.

HAers could sell to women and once the woman has the one dollar trial you can point them at Sarah and the coaches and the other women and they will close the deal for you! LOL!

I have been promoting the idea of men selling to women in the MGTOW area and it has struck a nerve....HAers could do exactly the same easily.

The world is a big place gentlemen. I recommend you see plenty of it before you go.

Even having relocated 2 years ago I have been to two new countries in the last 2 years and when our business is going well again I presume I will be visiting quite a lot of countries on business trips again.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!

gsjackson
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1997
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by gsjackson » November 23rd, 2017, 9:45 am

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 10:19 pm
LOL! I have been to 40+ countries and worked in 20+ countries. I say Travel broadens the mind.

Those guys on this forum who read this who are tied down by a permanent job or get paid poor wages so can't travel?

I would suggest you talk to Winston about starting a biz to teach you how to become an internet marketer! I am prodding Winston to join my biz!

If he does not want to then I would like to buy advertising from me!

For example. Here is Sarah Gallo. One of my colleagues.

She runs this travel blog the five foot traveler. Check out her blog and facebook etc.

http://www.thefivefoottraveler.com/

She is 25.

She was broke arsed because she was doing this travel blog and hoping to sell ads etc but not making enough money to pay for decent accommodation.

So 8 months ago she clicks on a link to Digital Altitude and what I am in to today and she just closed $80K plus COMMISSIONS in one month to get to #2 on the monthly leaderboard.

Thats $80K in COMMISSIONS, not sales. Of course, she has to pay for her travel and all that out of her commissions. And this has been her best month so far.

Also, of course, she is a 6 and female and 25 so you know who she is selling to......simps and women who want the same lifestyle.

Winston already has the travel blog side of it down pat.....I think he could start a bit of a school of how to become a marketer to HAers just like I am doing for MGTOWs.

And the secret gentlemen? Don't sell to men. Sell to WOMEN. Because when WOMEN buy something they are buying it with some mans money, not their own, so it is MUCH faster to sell to women than men.

In the MGTOW space I am selling to men and they are selling to women.

HAers could sell to women and once the woman has the one dollar trial you can point them at Sarah and the coaches and the other women and they will close the deal for you! LOL!

I have been promoting the idea of men selling to women in the MGTOW area and it has struck a nerve....HAers could do exactly the same easily.

The world is a big place gentlemen. I recommend you see plenty of it before you go.

Even having relocated 2 years ago I have been to two new countries in the last 2 years and when our business is going well again I presume I will be visiting quite a lot of countries on business trips again.
I'll give Sarah Gallo more than a six. A solid eight at least.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Re: My recent overseas travel experience.

Post by MrPeabody » November 23rd, 2017, 9:28 pm

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 10:19 pm
LOL! I have been to 40+ countries and worked in 20+ countries. I say Travel broadens the mind.

“If travel were so inspiring and informing a business...then the wisest men in the world would be deck hands on tramp steamers, Pullman porters, and Mormon missionaries.”

― Sinclair Lewis, Dodsworth

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”