Stopping Immigration from Wasting Passport Pages

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Stopping Immigration from Wasting Passport Pages

Post by MrMan »

A lot of immigration people are good about putting a stamp on a used page that has other stamps. Some will inconsiderately ruin a blank passport page with a dinky little stamp.

I got a passport a few years ago, a short one. I thought I'd just add pages later if I traveled that much. Shortly after, the government decided to stop adding pages and just gave out long passports. So I've got a limited number of pages left.

I've thought of a solution, though. You know that sticky stuff teachers use to stick stuff to walls? U-Tack is one of the brands, I think. Anyway, I'm planning on using that junk to stick some pages together to force immigration people to look for already-used pages for their tiny little stamps.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Stopping Immigration from Wasting Passport Pages

Post by xiongmao »

I opted for a bigger passport this time - not sure if all countries offer this. Take it up if you can though.

Of course the Chinese have put my latest residency permit on a different set of pages to the visa. That's 4 pages used up.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Immigration officials are the worst scumbags in every country. It's just a power trip and you can see it in their faces.

"Some will inconsiderately ruin a blank passport page with a dinky little stamp."

Indeed
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

xiongmao wrote:
November 22nd, 2017, 2:29 am
I opted for a bigger passport this time - not sure if all countries offer this. Take it up if you can though.

Of course the Chinese have put my latest residency permit on a different set of pages to the visa. That's 4 pages used up.
I think I have a one page for a one-year visit visa in my passport from last year. Then there is probably an entrance and an exist stamp. I'm getting low on passport pages. The country I'm staying in will probably take up another page here in a few weeks. Maybe I should just get a new passport. The last time, I got the short passport, thinking I could pay more to add pages later. They just started giving out the long passports and discontinued the service of adding pages. So now I'm stuck. I think I have six pages left. I was talking to a colleague in China, and I may have an opportunity to visit there and possibly the US more than planned, so I may need more pages.

I'm trying to decide if I need to add pages or not. I think I have about six left. The sticky goo stuff is pretty good to keep an official from quickly opening to a new page. Some of them do try to stamp on used pages, though.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I actually had a decent experience with an immigration official, or whoever it is who checks bags, on my most recent trip out of Singapore. My kids had asked for a container of cream cheese icing. The guy examining our bags did not know what to do with this, but since I had kids, he said he could consider it to be children's food and let it pass. That was cool. TSA people would probably have just chucked it if they had any doubts.