Poll: Should we get rid of Infolinks ads in the forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should we eliminate Infolinks embedded text ads?

Yes, they serve no purpose other than to annoy people. Get rid of them.
86%
I don't mind them. Let them remain.
14%

Total votes: 7
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Poll: Should we get rid of Infolinks ads in the forum?

Post by TruthSeeker »

Should we have Infolinks ads in the forum? These are ads that change your text to a blue highlighted text which ultimately link to Facebook. I say they are annoying and distract from the forum. They change your words into saying something that you did not say. They also imply you endorse Facebook. I say get rid of them.

What's your opinion?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Poll: Should we get rid of Infolinks ads in the forum?

Post by Zambales »

Getting rid of that loser who keeps on creating new accounts and banging on about AFA should be the first task.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

C'mon guys we can make a difference. Cast your vote!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So this forum is a democracy now? lol

I'll remove the text link ads if they're not profitable of course. We will see. :P
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Zambales wrote:Getting rid of that loser who keeps on creating new accounts and banging on about AFA should be the first task.
+1 :lol:

Also, instead of the weird attempts to increase revenue like the links, Winston should be updating with new content from his trips or even compensating those of us that post reports with pics once in a while. Enough with the rehashing of the Russia trips from the early 2000's.
Heck I would post more if he gave me 25 or 30 bucks for a report, just to get a few beers out of it.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston, here is an account of someone who played with this http://ask.mybloggertricks.com/t/why-in ... -blog/2908
I'm using infolinks with my blog but one thing I have noticed that infolinks shows only Facebook ads on my blog. All infolinks publishers face this problem. I don't know that is this a problem with my account or they have only one advertiser. One more thing, I have a blog with 100 pageviews/day. I use infolinks with it but my total revenue is still zero. If you have experienced with infolinks, then please answer me that what is the problem?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It's worth taking them off if they're just making a few bucks a month. I tried them and I made less than a dollar a month or something.

Winston should be doing more like R***h V and writing more books, courses and actual products.

Also if he did more keyword research and SEO he could write more valuable content and massively increase overall site visitors.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alright you guys win. I've turned off the Infolinks text ads. I may put some of their ads in the ad block after the first post in each topic thread though, where it will be less intrusive. Democracy wins this time. lol :-P Score 1 for the democratic forum. :-D

Btw, why would Facebook need to advertise? Doesn't everyone know about them already? Isn't FB overpopulated? It doesn't need any more people. Sheesh. Every airhead is already on there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston, don't you have the option in your Infolinks settings which advertisers to show and not to show? All we are getting is FB ads. Maybe block them out entirely. Surely Infolinks has other advertisers. Check into that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 6:29 am
Winston, don't you have the option in your Infolinks settings which advertisers to show and not to show? All we are getting is FB ads. Maybe block them out entirely. Surely Infolinks has other advertisers. Check into that.
No infolinks doesnt give you that option. Its automated system decides all that. But i am looking into better advertising platforms though.