New personalized Expat Relocation Service! (by Johnny1975)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: New online service to find your personalized HA location! (by Johnny1975)

Post by TruthSeeker »

I can already give you some feedback. When I go to your site http://lierelocate.weebly.com

it says Click HERE to download the questionnaire

but when I click on that it takes me to https://gumroad.com/l/RKNem

and there is a button "I want this!". When clicked upon it takes me to a payment page.

You are offering on your site to download the questionnaire but when someone goes to do that they are taken to a payment form. I assume you only can download the questionnaire after making payment. This is a big mistake on your part. I can tell that you know nothing or very little about marketing.

Personally I would not pay first just to look at the questionnaire. It seems to me that is what you're doing. If you start off with deception, how can people trust you?

What you want to do is allow the user to complete the form, submit it to you without any payment first. Then what you do is release a partial report for free. The user will be so curious about the rest of the results they will pay your fee for the full report.

This is my bit of free advice.

The instructions here: http://lierelocate.weebly.com/

(Step 1, 2, 3) are deceptive and not really the way it works.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Cornfed wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 8:50 pm
It should go without saying that this whole idea is stupid.
Actually it's not a bad concept because my advice would be if you want to live in a particular country go there for a couple of weeks to visit first. This could cost thousands depending on where you're coming from, but if someone like Johnny can provide the research for you to help you make your decision all for $97, I think that's great. It all depends I suppose on how good his research is. We will only know after people use his service and then write reviews. Reviews can be faked too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 8:41 am
I "brainstormed" and came up with some ideas for his business name:

Expat Relocate
Expat Relocator
Expat Relocation Services, Inc.
Relocate Me
Expat Transfer
Expat Expedition

Wow! That last one sounds good. Johnny you need to think outside the box in order to come up with a name that sounds good for your business. If you use any of these you should let me use the service for free (one time) and I will give you feedback of your service.
I was thinking along the same lines. Expat Relocate would be good but it sounds too normal and ordinary. No character. Something like Relocate Me or iRelocate would be more stylist with the iphone me generation. And it would be short, simple and catchy too. Remember that all successful web businesses only use one or two words in their domain name. E.g. Amazon.com, Ebay.com, PayPal.com, etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 10:26 am
I can already give you some feedback. When I go to your site http://lierelocate.weebly.com

it says Click HERE to download the questionnaire

but when I click on that it takes me to https://gumroad.com/l/RKNem

and there is a button "I want this!". When clicked upon it takes me to a payment page.

You are offering on your site to download the questionnaire but when someone goes to do that they are taken to a payment form. I assume you only can download the questionnaire after making payment. This is a big mistake on your part. I can tell that you know nothing or very little about marketing.

Personally I would not pay first just to look at the questionnaire. It seems to me that is what you're doing. If you start off with deception, how can people trust you?

What you want to do is allow the user to complete the form, submit it to you without any payment first. Then what you do is release a partial report for free. The user will be so curious about the rest of the results they will pay your fee for the full report.

This is my bit of free advice.

The instructions here: http://lierelocate.weebly.com/

(Step 1, 2, 3) are deceptive and not really the way it works.
Great point, as is the one about a catchier name. As far as credentials go, a point brought up by LFL, I think everybody just assumes now that internet businesses are the products of self-proclaimed experts, would-be entrepreneurs with an idea who haven't gone through any of the gatekeeper hoops associated with the old economy. That doesn't mean they won't buy, but it's very important to demonstrate trustworthiness and professionalism from the get-go.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Expat Go is the shortest name I could come up with. I do quite like Relocate Me and Expat Transfer. Neither have more letters than Happier Abroad. :wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How about iRelocate? That would play off the name of iPhone and iPad and iPod. lol. It's fun to bank off an established popular brand name like that, and piggyback off it's style. lol. Plus it's sort, simple and easy to remember. I think the "i" part also caters to the person's egocentric nature, as in this modern age, everything is all about me, me, me. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 10:26 am

Valid point, although I find deception quite common with online businesses - not that I condone it. Recurring payments for instance :evil: .
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 11:14 pm
How about iRelocate? That would play off the name of iPhone and iPad and iPod. lol. It's fun to bank off an established popular brand name like that, and piggyback off it's style. lol. Plus it's sort, simple and easy to remember. I think the "i" part also caters to the person's egocentric nature, as in this modern age, everything is all about me, me, me. lol
That sounds too Apple-ish. Apple might sue you. There have been cases where someone has done that - stuck an "i" in front of a name and Apple has come after them. So it's a bad idea.

I like the name Relocate Me. So it would be RelocateMe.com - what a great domain name! Not sure if it's taken.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 8:57 am
Winston wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 11:14 pm
That sounds too Apple-ish. Apple might sue you. There have been cases where someone has done that - stuck an "i" in front of a name and Apple has come after them. So it's a bad idea.

I like the name Relocate Me. So it would be RelocateMe.com - what a great domain name! Not sure if it's taken.
But there are sites with "i" in them that aren't owned by apple, such as www.idate.com right? I dont think you can trademark a letter like "i" can you? Lol

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

The idea is not that bad but it needs a whole revamp, should've asked before putting it online.

-The intial white text is hard to read against the city background. too long anyway.

-Price should be $5 at most and aim for volume. Perhaps even free and just add elegant advertising banners

-Should be automated, if you have some real knowledge about this subject, put it in some kind of algorithm.
This could possibly turn it into 'passive income' as well.

-No offense johnny1975 but you lack credibility since you can't show any travel experience yourself, not that new visitors to your site would
know, but you've just been making threads about filipinas for years without any actual traveling.
I'm no marketing expert but if you make it a personal service (I, me), instead of feigning a big company (we), the first thing people
will ask is Who are you?

- As others have mentioned, the name is not right, and the fact that you are running it off a free host/site builder, while charging 100 bucks, doesn't help it.

Just my $0.02. But like I've said, not entirely a bad idea, if there are chumps willing to pay $5k to afa or what not just because they're lazy, there is some niche here for you.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 8:41 am
I "brainstormed" and came up with some ideas for his business name:

Expat Relocate
Expat Relocator
Expat Relocation Services, Inc.
Relocate Me
Expat Transfer
Expat Expedition
Replanet
Relocation Planet
Relocation Nation
Expatriation Nation

Or just buy from Ghost the rights to "Expatriation Apocalypse" :lol: :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There is a medical site that gives you a diagnostic about your health for 40 dollars. It gives you a questionnaire to fill out first with 900 questions. And uses an automated program with many algorithms. Here is the site:

http://www.diagnose-me.com

Maybe johnny1975 can emulate it and do something similar? He'd have to hire some programmers who can design a database of course. But once its setup it would be passive income. Just like with the site above.

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Winston wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 10:56 pm
There is a medical site that gives you a diagnostic about your health for 40 dollars. It gives you a questionnaire to fill out first with 900 questions. And uses an automated program with many algorithms. Here is the site:

Maybe johnny1975 can emulate it and do something similar? He'd have to hire some programmers who can design a database of course. But once its setup it would be passive income. Just like with the site above.
900 questions?

Is this a typo?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Zambales wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 1:19 am
Winston wrote:

900 questions?

Is this a typo?
I don't think so. The owner of the site told me it was 900 questions and very comprehensive. Go ahead and take the questionnaire and see. The questionnaire is free. You can stop and finish it later. Then if you want to submit it and get a report and health evaluation you pay 40 dollars. Here's where to start the questionnaire.

https://www.diagnose-me.com/ta/q.php

If possible, it would be great to start a HA service to find your ideal location using some automated system like this too. Would be a first of its kind.

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Winston wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 1:28 am
Zambales wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 1:19 am
Winston wrote:

900 questions?

Is this a typo?
I don't think so. The owner of the site told me it was 900 questions and very comprehensive. Go ahead and take the questionnaire and see.
LOL.

This may be practical for someone who's doing life in prison and has too much time on their hands - but for everyone else? A doctor's appointment would probably suffice for most!

People as a whole don't enjoy filling out questionnaires especially one with 900. If it was 90 it may be worthwhile for some but that amount is just ridiculous.