Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Modern Pop Music Sucks

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

tom
Junior Poster

Modern Pop Music Sucks

Post by tom » March 5th, 2018, 7:19 am

Modern Pop Music Sucks, it's boring, bland, crappy lyrics, it's all kind of the same mediocre junk I avoid as much as I can. And it has repulsive social justice puke. Many women pop artist have an SJW circus freak appearance. I find these train-wreaks repulsive. Modern pop music is generally awful. If you feel the same its not your imagination it's actually worse than you think.

There are many reasons like the loudness wars. This is one of the reasons why vinyl is actually better than CD's and its not because a CD is lower quality. Its the use of compression that turns the sound into dog poop.

Most modern pop music is written by a couple of writers, that's no joke. In fact most of the current music is almost all the same. No one wants to take any chances so everything is more of less a cookie cutter production. The YouTube below goes into all that is wrong with modern music and it really is crappy mindless monotonous boring junk that the masses are made to like.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Re: Modern Pop Music Sucks

Post by gsjackson » March 5th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Thanks. Winston posted this vid a couple months ago. I got a few minutes into it and meant to finish later, but forgot and couldn't remember the name. Had little hope of making contact with oh-so-busy Dear Leader to get it.

I've often wondered what happened to what was once known as music, whether all the note combinations that could reasonably be called music had already been created and copyrighted. It just seems like annoying background noise now, something I could make, no talent required. I can think of only two songs in the last 25 years or so that I've liked.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody » March 5th, 2018, 4:41 pm

I started listening to classical music. There is a ton of stuff on Youtube. Since then, I have lost all interest in pop music which is boring and simplistic by comparison. Once you get into classical you never look back.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Post by fschmidt » March 6th, 2018, 12:15 am

Modern Everything Sucks. What do you expect from a culture that turns its population into degenerate morons?

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama » March 6th, 2018, 1:51 am

It seems the purpose of modern music is the worship and praise of foolishness. For example, women who rejoice about using a baseball bat to destroy someone's property, or a woman might sing about stealing a boyfriend away, or she might sing about how she can easily get another man and how men are each replaceable. Others might sing in praise of self-murder, or magic, or murder of police officials, and all kinds of nonsense and foolishness. No substance.

You really don't know what you're praising and rejoicing over when you sing along with most of these songs. There's a reason why they're called idols. I wouldn't worship these artists by singing their foolish words.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom » March 6th, 2018, 6:18 am

Yea, who wants to hear some degenerate chick sing nihilistic crap all day. I sure don't. Someone like Björk would never make it through today's pop crap filters.

The whole pop music system is at some point going to suddenly collapse. Its going to disappear and be forgotten.

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom » March 14th, 2018, 6:23 am

Feminist bitched and got this add removed, a big mistake to give in my opinion as they will just demand more unreasonable things. At some point they will be forced to draw a line, probably after the heavy losses are unbearable.

The first Beatles film was rated "G". This was actually concerning to them as they were trying to get away from the placative musical movies that came before it which were not very successful. But the "G" rating was not a correct indication. Today a film like A Hard Days Night would get serious bitching by man hating feminist as misogynist and sexist.

More on the loudness wars

https://www.foobar2000.org/download