Modern Pop Music Sucks

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
tom
Junior Poster

Modern Pop Music Sucks

Post by tom »

Modern Pop Music Sucks, it's boring, bland, crappy lyrics, it's all kind of the same mediocre junk I avoid as much as I can. And it has repulsive social justice puke. Many women pop artist have an SJW circus freak appearance. I find these train-wreaks repulsive. Modern pop music is generally awful. If you feel the same its not your imagination it's actually worse than you think.

There are many reasons like the loudness wars. This is one of the reasons why vinyl is actually better than CD's and its not because a CD is lower quality. Its the use of compression that turns the sound into dog poop.

Most modern pop music is written by a couple of writers, that's no joke. In fact most of the current music is almost all the same. No one wants to take any chances so everything is more of less a cookie cutter production. The YouTube below goes into all that is wrong with modern music and it really is crappy mindless monotonous boring junk that the masses are made to like.

משה בן יצחק

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Modern Pop Music Sucks

Post by gsjackson »

Thanks. Winston posted this vid a couple months ago. I got a few minutes into it and meant to finish later, but forgot and couldn't remember the name. Had little hope of making contact with oh-so-busy Dear Leader to get it.

I've often wondered what happened to what was once known as music, whether all the note combinations that could reasonably be called music had already been created and copyrighted. It just seems like annoying background noise now, something I could make, no talent required. I can think of only two songs in the last 25 years or so that I've liked.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I started listening to classical music. There is a ton of stuff on Youtube. Since then, I have lost all interest in pop music which is boring and simplistic by comparison. Once you get into classical you never look back.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Modern Everything Sucks. What do you expect from a culture that turns its population into degenerate morons?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

It seems the purpose of modern music is the worship and praise of foolishness. For example, women who rejoice about using a baseball bat to destroy someone's property, or a woman might sing about stealing a boyfriend away, or she might sing about how she can easily get another man and how men are each replaceable. Others might sing in praise of self-murder, or magic, or murder of police officials, and all kinds of nonsense and foolishness. No substance.

You really don't know what you're praising and rejoicing over when you sing along with most of these songs. There's a reason why they're called idols. I wouldn't worship these artists by singing their foolish words.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

Yea, who wants to hear some degenerate chick sing nihilistic crap all day. I sure don't. Someone like Björk would never make it through today's pop crap filters.

The whole pop music system is at some point going to suddenly collapse. Its going to disappear and be forgotten.
משה בן יצחק
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

Feminist bitched and got this add removed, a big mistake to give in my opinion as they will just demand more unreasonable things. At some point they will be forced to draw a line, probably after the heavy losses are unbearable.

The first Beatles film was rated "G". This was actually concerning to them as they were trying to get away from the placative musical movies that came before it which were not very successful. But the "G" rating was not a correct indication. Today a film like A Hard Days Night would get serious bitching by man hating feminist as misogynist and sexist.

More on the loudness wars

https://www.foobar2000.org/download
משה בן יצחק
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Video about the death of melody in modern music. So true. I was wondering why modern music no longer has any melody and why no one is mentioning it. Because melody and essential to music.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

Because gmo, chemicals and crap in the food made everybody weak and dumb. That's why in the 90s the last pre-gmo era almost every damn song you listened to on the radio was good. There would be like two songs you didn't care for the WHOLE day. People were intentionally dumbed down and made weak. This is why millenials oftentimes look weak in comparison to their baby boomer gen X counterparts. This is why you will never ever EVER have a millenial version of Arnold Swarzenegger, or Mel Gibson. Show me a millenial Arnold or Mel when they were in their prime. You won't. Sadly it's not the millenials fault. They've been chemically poisoned and castrated. It's catching up to the boomers and gen X fast though now. This is also why you hardly see funny comedy movies anymore. It takes tons of intelligence to actually make really funny stuff. This is why Jim Carry had people rolling in the movie theater. His mannerism were so creatively hilarious. Every goofy gesture was on point. People are too dumb downed to create that kind of comedy anymore, even Jim. That's why he's not that funny anymore. Now they just throw in a bunch of sex jokes cuz they can't figure out how to make people laugh like they used to. Too hard when you've been chemcially dumbed down. Too hard to make good music when you've been dumbed down.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Agree most modern stuff is bad. Most music in my collection is from the 80's and 90's. After the late 90's things went downhill fast.
There is still some good stuff out there but it is rare and hard to find.
If you want an example of a modern gem, spotify auto played a song by FM-84 in 2018 and I was instantly hooked.
After hearing "Running in the Night" I played it over and over again.
Then I downloaded the album in FLAC from bandcamp and listened to it over and over again.
Then I told my friend about it and he was instantly hooked on it also.
Then they came to Vancouver and we saw them live in concert.
The album Atlas by FM-84 came out in 2016 but it became one of my favorite albums of all time.
I bought 2 CD's of it at the concert and got them both autographed by the 3 guys in the band, Cole Bennett, Ollie Wride and Josh Dally.
Then I sold one autographed copy on discogs.com for $75.
I kept the 2nd one for my collection.

What kind of music is it?
It's part of the new retro wave movement, which is modern artists trying to make music that sounds like it came out in the 80's.
Hence the name FM-84. You'll swear this album came out in the 80's, but no it came out in 2016.
Other similar bands include The Midnight and Timecop1983.

FM-84 describes the album as:

"The album is the story of wonder, imagination, dreams, youth, innocence, love and heartbreak all captured under the golden light of a fading summer sun. It's a soaring cinematic journey to the sound of a summer long gone."
You can listen to the whole album on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M

You can also listen and pay to download the album in high quality on bandcamp like I did:

https://fm84.bandcamp.com/

If you're a fan of 80's music you have to listen to this album, it really is pure glorious 1980's nostalgia.
The reviews of it online are absolutely spectacular.
The follow up album is in the works and I can't wait for it.
I hope other members listen to it and enjoy it as much as I do.
I simply can't get enough of listening to this album and the singles by FM-84.
Please check them out!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

cheesesweat wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:26 am
Because gmo, chemicals and crap in the food made everybody weak and dumb. That's why in the 90s the last pre-gmo era almost every damn song you listened to on the radio was good. There would be like two songs you didn't care for the WHOLE day. People were intentionally dumbed down and made weak. This is why millenials oftentimes look weak in comparison to their baby boomer gen X counterparts. This is why you will never ever EVER have a millenial version of Arnold Swarzenegger, or Mel Gibson. Show me a millenial Arnold or Mel when they were in their prime. You won't. Sadly it's not the millenials fault. They've been chemically poisoned and castrated. It's catching up to the boomers and gen X fast though now. This is also why you hardly see funny comedy movies anymore. It takes tons of intelligence to actually make really funny stuff. This is why Jim Carry had people rolling in the movie theater. His mannerism were so creatively hilarious. Every goofy gesture was on point. People are too dumb downed to create that kind of comedy anymore, even Jim. That's why he's not that funny anymore. Now they just throw in a bunch of sex jokes cuz they can't figure out how to make people laugh like they used to. Too hard when you've been chemcially dumbed down. Too hard to make good music when you've been dumbed down.
I hope I can change your mind. I am coming out with my second mixtape in the next six months. It's my first mixtape in three years. Follow me on Twitter at @eirizarryrnb and I will keep you abreast. Diss-claimer: I didn't have the right plugins, nor the right methodology to self-mastering my own works (I am cheap - I don't want to pay a mastering engineer to do my stuff when I self-taught myself to master my own music. I am doing that now with running everything through a 24/192 sample-resolution digital-analog converter back into another SPDIF digital audio converter device that records everything in digital format back onto the same computer. Three devices, One workflow. Digital 1's and 0's don't retain that analogue warmth like hardware does hence the resolution of my D-A-D workflow here.