What happened to Ghost? / On the lack of solidarity in this community

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jasrafel
Freshman Poster

What happened to Ghost? / On the lack of solidarity in this community

Post by Jasrafel »

"If men were transformed into scorpions who sting themselves and one another, isn't it
really because nothing has happened, and human beings with empty eyes and
flabby brains have 'mysteriously' become mere shadows of men, ghosts of men,
and in some ways are no longer men except in name? "
Raoul Vaneigem

This quote to me reflects quite well one of the biggest pitfalls for modern men: They become so frustrated by their existence and by the lack of intimacy that they start to bite the ankles of those who could be their sole companions in struggle.
I was basically a lurker on this board, but I always cherished Ghost's contribution quite a lot and I also found his book enormously helpful. He eventually left and deleted most of his posts after he hab been bullied here by some members and accused of being a fraud (it was actually pretty clear that those were baseless accusations). His last posts were quite suicidal so I'm not even sure if he is still among us.

Additionally, there are quite a lot of posts which troll Winston or are downright mean to him. Now there might be whatever reasons for that (I won't study the whole history of the board), but he obviously tries to contribute something positive and to keep alive the great idea of actually being able to become happier abroad.
Furthermore, there is a number of members whose behaviour borders on PUA ignorance and who put down the efforts of others without actually giving them helpful, applicable advice on how to solve their problems. It seems as if the popular ideal of being part of the winning crowd which looks down upon the "losers" is so deeply ingrained in a lot of men's minds that they prefer to use message boards such as this one - which should actually unite the unfortunate in their common struggle against the systematized misery of Western societies - for ankle biting instead of contributing anything of value to a solution.

And it's also not a good way to simply ignore all this bullshit. Stuff like that is like a cancer which eats up every community sooner or later. I've seen it in a lot of areas before. So, if one of the recent threads is called "is the happier abroad community dying?", it's not difficult to spot one of the main reasons.

Finally, it appears as if the majority in this community becomes either a) increasingly hopeless about the possibility of becoming happier abroad and/or b) more and more cynical. Well, I've noticed that it has become more and more difficult to find a good wife in countries which were very easy targets just 10 to 15 years ago. I just had a chat with an outstandingly beautiful Filipina two days ago whom I initially had a lot of success with by being funny and cocky. However, I finally decided to talk about slightly more serious matters and she immediately seemed confused and after talking about several elements which are essential for any kind of long-lasting relationship, she simply said "Yeah, but girls aren't like that any more" (obviously including herself).
She added that she would never like to talk about any serious stuff, but that we would rather end up "probably talking about dogs and other random stuff". So, that's pretty much the same scenario as in the Western world. HOWEVER. just until six months ago I had a relationship with a Filipina girl who was incredibly pure-hearted and loyal and the relationship only failed because I couldn't fulfill my role as her male counterpart for years. And why was I unable to fulfill it? Because I was still too damaged by several horrible after effects of my life in the West (a lot of things which happened in my life would be unimaginable for most of you).

There are still such female gems, but it's harder to find them nowadays. We have to avoid a) giving up our struggle, both in our personal life as well as in our search for happiness and b) becoming so bitter, cynical and incapable of true love that we finally bar our own way. Solidarity among us would be a vital cornerstone in both regards.