Why are there so few genuinely kind people in the U.S.?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Why are there so few genuinely kind people in the U.S.?

Post by statnerd »

Every once in a blue moon, I'll interact with someone who is truly a kind and gentle person (male or female), but it's definitely a rarity. I'm talking about the kind of person who is warm and friendly, always in a good mood, and never has anything bad to say about anyone. On the other hand, I've found that the majority of people are somewhat mean, or at least cold, talk badly about others (usually behind their backs), and have bullying tendencies.
snede
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are there so few genuinely kind people in the U.S.?

Post by snede »

statnerd wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 10:26 am
Every once in a blue moon, I'll interact with someone who is truly a kind and gentle person (male or female), but it's definitely a rarity. I'm talking about the kind of person who is warm and friendly, always in a good mood, and never has anything bad to say about anyone. On the other hand, I've found that the majority of people are somewhat mean, or at least cold, talk badly about others (usually behind their backs), and have bullying tendencies.
As a native Texan and political conservative, I run across quite a few kind people in my everyday life. In my experience, it's mostly leftists and feminists who are mean and vicious.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

snede wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 2:41 pm
As a native Texan and political conservative, I run across quite a few kind people in my everyday life. In my experience, it's mostly leftists and feminists who are mean and vicious.
It seems as if the biggest jerks live in big cities (NY, LA, Chicago, etc.). Big cities are also the places where a lot of leftists and feminists live.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

statnerd wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 10:26 am
Congratulations. You may be one of the few wise men alive today.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
TD-40
Freshman Poster

Post by TD-40 »

Get outside large cities and you will find pleasant country folk.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Many young people lost the ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality, between a real human relationship or an online contact as a facebook friend. To blame is not only the electronic world in which we are living now, but also high consumption of alcohol and drugs, and also lost moral values. Some people are going so far that they do not even feel a difference anymore between a horror movie and a violent crime...The result is finally a mentally disturbed society.

It's not only in USA, but many parts of the world are like that. As a result of course everybody is mistrusting everybody and not only when you meet new people, you mistrust everybody next to you, even own family members. You don't know anymore who is who. You just don't care. Your computer at home is more important for you than people living next to you....
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

You're right about big metropolises! Too many people, they're mean, unhelpful, criminal, and if you're lost and need directions don't even think of asking a woman (particularly if she's attractive) for directions lest you want her acussing you of attacking her; and this could be on a crowded and busy intersection at high noon! You tend to not see a much of that in lesser populated areas. Even the cops in lesser populated areas are not as hostile as they are in big democratic, liberal cities!