Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Discuss and talk about any general topic.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
1. Your wife can decide one day that she doesn't like you and leave you, along with half of your assets, without needing a valid reason.
2. Your wife may enjoy eating the typical American diet of fatty, artery clogging foods, and insists that the "family dinner" consists of that garbage every evening.
3. If you are heavily into travelling abroad, your wife will become suspicious that you are there for the sex, even if you aren't. Your wife may insist that you limit your vacations to domestic destinations like New York or Florida, or at best some overrated European destination like Paris, with her by your side. You will have to compromise on what to see, rather than looking at what you want.
3. You will never have any real privacy or peace and quiet as your wife will want to talk to you all the time and become suspicious if you keep anything to yourself.
4. Your wife may turn out to be the typical boring American couch potato and insist that you be the same way, watching hours of television each night.
Marriage is all about compromise, conformity, and control.
Those are all excellent points. Men in America are starting to realize what a bad deal marriage is for them. This is why the marriage rates in America are at an all time low.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"
"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
so you can take half her money. HA!
But on a serious note. So she wont leave you.
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.
She can and will leave you if she wants, for whatever reason. Marriage is like at-will employment, but it's worse because your spouse gets half of the money and probably your kids if you have any.
I just won't give up control of my finances, health, and lifestyle for no other reason than society (and pushy family members) expect it.
'What is the point of getting married if you don't want kids?'
Strange question. What has this to do with kids? Plenty of mothers in the States are anyway 'proud independent single moms' and society adores them and gives them all what they need.
In such countries like USA you are better off as a man if you do not marry, kids or not is irrelevant.
If you consider to create a family, better move to overseas...