American cities are cesspools

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

American cities are cesspools

Post by CannedHam »

Saw this in the morning while I was waiting for the dentist:

and this

This is supposedly a world-class city where starter homes go for $1.5 million. Filled to the brim with junkies, thugs, freeloaders, bums pissing/shitting on the streets, and the worst part, it's all an accepted part of life. The SF budget (city of $800k) is like $10billion which is bigger than the budgets of ~15 US states and yet they can't keep shit off the sidewalks. I think the situation in America is hopeless.

I have visited numerous countries over the past many years and have never seen anything remotely close to the situation on the west coast. In Mar 2017 I was in India for business and decided to check out a nearby slum and sure, I saw poor people begging, peddling goods, and even sleeping outside, but I never saw someone shooting up, exposing themselves while drugged, or piles of shit/bloody needles lying around. I've been in China, and yes, the air may not have been the best, but I never saw a bunch of junkies running the place with the police standing and watching.

I've visited most large US cities and have lived in three. I am failing to see why so many people flock to them - high taxes, high crime, poor public transit, a huge % of the population on welfare, terrible schools, thug types wandering around all day with the police standing around, corruption, rude as f**k cops, and very high property/rent prices in some areas.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrLee4u
Freshman Poster

Re: American cities are cesspools

Post by MrLee4u »

Yeah because SF represents all American cities lol. This websites cracks me up. Everyone knows the SF Bay Area is special kind of place for retards, autistics and Asians. No thanks!

http://wallstreetplayboys.com/new-york- ... york-city/

CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

MrLee4u wrote:
May 1st, 2018, 2:59 pm
Yeah because SF represents all American cities lol. This websites cracks me up. Everyone knows the SF Bay Area is special kind of place for retards, autistics and Asians. No thanks!

No SF does not represent every city, but that still doesn't change the fact that most major American cities are overpriced, overtaxes, crime-infested shitholes.
aspiabc
Freshman Poster

Post by aspiabc »

It's bad in LA and other populated areas in California also. Record number of homeless and car dwellers for many cities.
aspiabc
Freshman Poster

Post by aspiabc »

It's bad in LA and other populated areas in California also. Record number of homeless and car dwellers for many cities.
CannedHam wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 6:00 am
No SF does not represent every city, but that still doesn't change the fact that most major American cities are overpriced, overtaxes, crime-infested shitholes.
True. California also has the most number of poverty level counties of any state. Unless one can live in the wealthiest few pockets (SJ, siliconvalley, BH, Irvine, etc.), or accept living in central-cal smaller cities turned into 'Little Mexico' towns or the pot farm ghost towns of northern cal.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

CannedHam wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 6:00 am
most major American cities are overpriced, overtaxes, crime-infested shitholes.
20 or 30 years ago if you went to the "city" you could feel the energy in the air. That's gone now, I'm not exactly sure why. Private shops have been replaced by corporate America like Subway and Starbucks, healthy-looking active people have been replaced by people who have no zest for life and walk like zombies.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

At some point you'll realize moving to the countryside is your best option...

Another Nail In The Coffin Of Big Cities
https://www.dollarcollapse.com/nail-coffin-cities/
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taco wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 4:23 pm
At some point you'll realize moving to the countryside is your best option...
True, but the problem is you have to work for your living and you need a salary. Often there is no job outside of the cities for you.

In my case too and not only in USA, it's the same situation - I was working in overcrowded Tokyo and only after retirement I was able to move away to a smaller city - much more greenery around, more space, less people - but also no jobs... but luckily, now I do not need to work anything...