26 and Fired - Where do I start?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
football84football
Freshman Poster

26 and Fired - Where do I start?

Post by football84football »

I'm 26. I had a $100K strategy job in an office. West coast, and couldn't stand the fakeness. Also, I'm far too much of an intellectual type to be friends with most people i.e. former Ivy League spending hours/day on philosophy forums. No friends really. I've come to appreciate location from passing through rural Nevada; the rednecks there are way more straightforward than the phony liberals where I live.

My goal is to get out and see places. Maybe I'll love. Maybe I'll hate.

The biggest concerns I have are language, and related, lack of career opportunities.

CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

There's too much damn content on this f***ing website. : ) Thanks

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: 26 and Fired - Where do I start?

Post by Winston »

Welcome. Why did you get fired? I can't stand the west coast either. Nevada feels more down to earth. Have you been to Carson City? It's one of the few towns there where people like talking to strangers and has a warmer vibe. Reno is nice too and is friendlier than Vegas. You should try the southern states. They are the friendliest and the people more real.

If you dislike fake smiles and personalities, you will definitely feel out of place and awkward in California or Taiwan and get weird vibes from people. I don't know who likes fake smiles, but some do apparently, especially if they are fake themselves.

What kind of help do you want? Where are you interested in going? Go with your intuition.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

Several years ago I drove US50 through Nevada. Stopped briefly in Eli and thought it was a really nice little town. Hotel there was quite inexpensive.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

snede wrote:
June 6th, 2018, 10:39 am
Several years ago I drove US50 through Nevada. Stopped briefly in Eli and thought it was a really nice little town. Hotel there was quite inexpensive.
As Winston said, what are you looking to accomplish exactly? You want to travel and see places? Okay, so figure out how to do that on a very cheap budget.

Here's a few things off the top of my head:

1. There are volunteer farming programs globally called WWOOF and you stay for free at a farm and do like 3 to 5 hours daily of work. This is kind of lame though because the kind of people that do this are hippies and western tourists/expats, mainly.

2. Become a travelling monk. I think certain buddhist or Hindu temples have some kind of program where you can travel temple to temple.

3. This is probably the best option. Figure out how to maximize your income and minimize your spending costs while living in America. Let's say you worked as a truck driver for 6 months while living in America, and during the off-time when you aren't driving, you stay with your parents or friend or whatever. That way you don't have any bills or rent. You can probably make like 40,000 to 50,000 for 6 months worth of truck driving. Then the other 6 months of the year, travel in Southeast Asia or wherever it is you want to travel. You can live like a f***ing God in most 3rd world countries for 1000 to 2000 dollars a month.
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

You could teach English overseas. I'm doing exactly that. It pays well and the work is pretty easy. Don't expect stimulating conversations though. A student brought up the issue of Taiwan today and I had to dodge that one despite the chance for a nice heated debate (that would get me deported lol).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.