Return of Ghost

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Return of Ghost

Post by jamesbond »

Welcome back Ghost, glad you decided to come back to the forum.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Ghost,
It's good that we can understand each other. The thing is, people only criticize the government in China and government policy. No one dares to criticize the people or culture as being too robotic or soulless. No one dares to say that for some reason. It's taboo. It's as if you are expected to claim that the common people are all good and innocent and only governments are bad. I'm glad someone else sees what I see, so that I am not insane. :)

Btw you said:
"Do I lack the connection because I am a white guy in a deeply insular East Asian country that could never truly be a home for a foreigner?"

Definitely not. Me and Falcon look Chinese but we feel alienated in Chinese cultures too. Because we aren't connected to their hive mind. lol

The thing is I do like many things in China such as the food and cheap transportation. It's very tolerable and livable. And some girls are friendly. But there's no deeper connection and it seems like everyone is only interested in working and being a slave and giving away their lives to the system. There's no individual consciousness.

Btw check out my new thread about organic portals. I think you will relate to it. :)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37445

One more thing. Besides not fitting in with China in terms of our souls, you also gotta consider that we are considered chubby and fat by Chinese standards. And I heard that Asian women don't like fat guys. They don't mind ugly guys but they draw the line when it comes to being fat. So in theory, if we were thin, the women in Asia would probably treat us a lot better right? Then our experience would be better.

Also our friends Ethan_sg and zboy1 have good girlfriends in China. So the HA solution is not dead. It's just that women are becoming more and more corrupted. But HA still exists. And like I said before, different guys attract different experiences and women. Some men attract gems and good girls, and some don't. So we are not all the same either. A good woman is not gonna like all guys equally or be a good wife to all men equally. Your unique combination of traits attract different people and experiences than others. What this means is that one guy's experience isn't going to represent everyone's experience. Thus if HA is fading for one guy that doesn't mean it's fading for everyone. Don't you agree?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 29th, 2018, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

So Ghost, what was your home country? OK, you find China a hard place to live. Where would you live if money if you could chose the place? What country do you like the people and want to live there?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow I just bought Ghost's new ebook "Expatriation Ragnarok". It's very well written. Ghost has a great style of writing. It feels very easy to read, follow and connect with. It flows like a genuine friend sharing his deepest thoughts and feelings with you. His words feel so honest and genuine too. He even starts out with a funny joke about Americans to lighten up your mood. lol

Do you mind if I post the joke at the beginning of your book Ghost? Also, maybe you can consider posting the first intro chapter here, it might incite people to read the rest of the book and buy it. What do you think? Btw what does "Ragnarok" mean?

Here's the link and info about the book "Expatriation Ragnarok".

The West is dying. We can't make America great again. There are a lot of dystopian possibilities coming down the line: full unemployment, runaway technology, a post-civilized West. What is there left for a man to do?

Expatriation Ragnarok explores why the West has declined so much, what nightmarish changes are probably coming to society, and how expatriating is perhaps the last and only way for a man to mitigate any of this - his last chance to experience freedom.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 29th, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 29th, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I once read an interesting article written by a Chinese scholar who argues that the Chinese character has been negatively influenced to a large degree by thousands of years of imperial rule under dynasties whose territory possess geographic continuity not rivaled by many other empires. It's sad to admit that I partially agree with his views. I hate to be overly critical of China because China's my homeland after all and I want to see it do well (not in the conventional, capitalistic, global power sense), but modern China is facing a number of growing issues putting it on the same track as the West and the developed Asian nations. These issues include inequality, feminism, materialism, and environmental issues plaguing the big cities, especially Beijing and Shanghai but my hometown Chongqing is almost as bad until you leave the city center. I'm sure with a deep commitment towards learning the language and the culture you are still able to find a smaller, much more relaxed city to settle in, and China still has the largest number of wife quality women in the region. It would really bring me pain to see China go down a path of 'superpowerdom', because I wish to see a much more idyllic homeland, and it doesn't help that I'm an anarchist who's opposed to the existence of states and ruling elites.

The scholar believes that before the dynastic / feudal era, and even during certain dynastic periods such as the Tang, ancient Chinese had a different character compared to the Chinese people in later periods of history. During the Spring and Autumn / Warring States Period, Confucianism had yet to become the governing ideology of choice. Different schools of philosophy debated and competed with each other. Scholars at the time weren't preoccupied with gaining political influence at all costs. If a ruler agreed with their ideas, they'd stay. If they didn't like a ruler, they'd go elsewhere or retire from politics altogether. Even Confucius himself eventually chose a life of teaching over service as an official. There was also a stronger martial spirit with knightly ideals known as 'xia', which included values such as altruism, chivalry, and honor. The 'xia' was the Chinese version of a knight. If two men were in conflict with each other, they'd duel it out, literally, rather than resorting to games and passive-aggressiveness. Nowadays we only see the 'xia' in fiction. While I do not necessarily agree with putting matters to rest by the sword, the thing to take from here is a spirit of courage, loyalty, and desire to help those in need.

Confucianism in its politicized form became a weapon of mass control and brainwashing. Once the feudal system began recruiting scholars on a mass scale in its service, the goal became passing the 'keju' examinations, using learning and knowledge of repetitive and dogmatic texts for the ulterior motive of life as a government official, with promises of wealth and prestige. Scholarly pursuits began losing their intrinsic merit and beauty, everything became tied to worldly success. Even during dynastic periods, there were ones that had a remarkable amount of openness, with the most well-known being the Tang. The Tang marked the height of China as a world empire, and it was remarkable for its openness and tolerance in its society. Many foreigners even became prominent ministers and generals in the court. For example, the general who led the defeated Tang forces at the Battle of Talas, where the much smaller Tang force was devastated by an Arab force of the Abbasid Caliphate, the general in command was Go Seonjo / Gao Xianzhi, an ethnic Gorguyeo Korean. A well-known official who administrated Tang territory in northern Viet Nam was a Japanese who had first entered China as part of a group of students sent to study Chinese culture and technology. The Tang court also harbored a former Persian prince who became a Tang general. Many of the most well-known poets in China, such as Li Bai and Du Fu, were from the Tang. Tang poetry is known for its very straightforward, imagery-heavy style. Even some of the Tang emperors, who all had nomad blood, had prolific and somewhat eccentric personalities that one usually wouldn't associate with an emperor. Tang Xuanzong, most well-known for his love affair with Consort Yang (whom, by the way, was essentially taken from his son), loved drumming so much that he broke thousands of sticks just to practice drumming. He was also an avid singer, poet, and musician who enjoyed playing instruments such as the pipa / Chinese guitar. Women during the Tang were not subjected to numerous restrictions, they had more freedom in their mingling with men, and were free to choose who they wanted to marry. Now note that this was different from modern feminism, women had nearly equal status as men, but they weren't feminist. The rights given to women during the Tang allowed Wu Zetian to ascend to the throne, and Wu Zetian had a number of female officials in her court, with a notable one being Shangguan Wan'er, who was married just like any other woman.

The scholar believes that the Ming and Qing dynasties were the nails in the coffin for an indigenous spirit of philosophical freedom in China. According to him, many of the modern day sayings associated with craftiness at worst, and passive-aggressiveness / lying for the sake of face at 'best', originated during the Ming. To him, this stood in stark contrast to the directness and openness of many earlier eras. During the Ming, there was particularly dogmatic scholar named Zhu Xi who further weaponized Confucianism for use in controlling the masses. By the Qing, the scholar believes the people were beyond saving. I actually find the early Republican period to be sort of interesting, as it was a time where East and West, old and new met and mingled with each other, but after that there was growing greed and hunger for power of the Republican government, the Japanese invasion, Civil War, and the very complicated legacy of Mao Zedong.

In order for China to attain its true potential, it must begin a return to these philosophical roots. Politicized Confucianism, modern capitalism, both have to go. Confucianism in and of itself, which emphasizes values such as Harmony, can be a beautiful thing when practiced properly and without usage in the hands of a ruling elite. Then there is the much more free spirited Daoism. Buddhism also has a long history in China, and I think Buddhism, without the non-authentic elements such as praying to statues and money boxes at temples, has good parts to it in its authentic form. Though personally I still consider myself a Christian, there are many elements of traditional Chinese thinking that can be very beneficial when applied well, and I can appreciate them. For China to become enlightened, there must be a fundamental change of heart / soul.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

See Ghost's new HA ebook announcement and discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37537

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I read back in the early 2000's where it was stated David Rockefeller was quoted as saying they had what they were looking for in China when they gave the country favorite trade partner status with America in 1999.

That pretty much tells you what you need to know, yes the HIVE mentality and that is what the elite want.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 29th, 2018, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The thing about this is that what created this situation was the winning of the last 2 world wars and us using the world reserve currency to loot everybody.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 29th, 2018, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Yaa, we just a tool to meet their goals, have you seen the Star Trek with Landru ? it almost seems as though they have plans for a world based on a system built similar ?

Take us back to a simpler time and program us to serve them....
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 29th, 2018, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.