Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.





View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should Darrell Johnston be banned from the HA Facebook group

Yes, he gives harsh criticisms telling us that it's our faults we can't get laid / find a wife in the U.S, and that we need game in every country we go to.
8
47%
No, he makes good points. Keep him
7
41%
I have no opinion
2
12%
 
Total votes: 17

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 7:13 am

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 19th, 2018, 12:46 am

Winston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Well I PMed Matt and asked him to comment on this thread and answer the questions here. I'm waiting on his response still.

Failure to comment means automatic resignation. Though dont know why his comment is relevant anymore when I won the vote.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6712
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Cornfed » August 19th, 2018, 12:58 am

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 12:34 am
Ghost wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 8:45 pm
Winston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Btw Darrell, since you've in Vietnam, can you post a trip report on Vietnam in the trip report section here? And describe your experience with Vietnamese women too? What are the pros and cons there? What type of expats fit in there the best?
Oh, so he's a hypocrite then.

"Self improvement" didn't work for him either so he goes abroad to take advantage of something that does have payoffs.

That kind of blatant hypocrisy alone should be grounds for banning.
Show me where I told people not to travel. Why do you think I join a travel group? lol

Self improvement isn't not exclusive to region or time, its something a person does throughout his whole life. And it comes in many shapes and forms.....travel is just one form of self improvement, and there are many other ways to improve the quality of your life without it too, there isn't one single path to bettering yourself, and not everyone is able to travel their entire existence, myself included, so when you are at home, you need to make the best of it, not squander your time by doing nothing. This is my point. Never pretended otherwise :)
You know, I have to apologise to you. I can now well understand your fixation on self-improvement. If I looked like you I would also be so fixated (and for people who have met me, yeah I know). Eat fatty based meats, take up boxing, join a gym and do major compound exercises three times a week. In no time you won’t still inspire any red-blooded man to beat the shit out of you the moment he lays eyes on you. I’m not sure where you’ll then go with that, but you’ll be in a better state to get there.
Last edited by Cornfed on August 19th, 2018, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5945
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Ghost » August 19th, 2018, 2:58 am

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 12:34 am
Show me where I told people not to travel.
Didn't say you did. The point is you are telling men to focus on "self improvement" (which you cannot even explain) while dodging the question of whether or not you understand that sometimes society can be the problem, not the man.
Why do you think I join a travel group? lol
To be a pissant contrarian apparently.
Self improvement isn't not exclusive to region or time, its something a person does throughout his whole life. And it comes in many shapes and forms.....travel is just one form of self improvement, and there are many other ways to improve the quality of your life without it too, there isn't one single path to bettering yourself, and not everyone is able to travel their entire existence, myself included...
So, do you understand that sometimes the society can be the problem and not the man? Simple yes or no question.
...so when you are at home, you need to make the best of it, not squander your time by doing nothing. This is my point. Never pretended otherwise :)
That's so generic and banal that no one would disagree. If that was really all you intended to say, you would have just said it in the first place.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 7:13 am

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 19th, 2018, 3:17 am

I've said it on repeat in the happier abroad FB group which I've been a member of for several years. Unfortunately very few have acknowledged that , instead pretended that i am saying something different

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 7:13 am

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 19th, 2018, 3:28 am

It is self evident . ..but the reason i vocalise it is because you have people telling other people not to bother doing anything when they are at home ....to just give up everything until they get overseas....THAT is the part that i disagree with .....not the travel part....the travel part is exactly what i do agree with. But people like matt Hanson and Dustin young keep reverting to this notion that i disagree with traveling .....and it doesn't seem to matter how many times i clarify it....they still revert to trying to get me to defend a point i never made whilst completely unaknowledging my actual point....

I even had to re clarify to Winston in this thread if you read back he asked me to justify points i never made and when i clarified i was met with the same response as i always get.....completely unacknowledged

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5945
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Ghost » August 19th, 2018, 3:34 am

Then perhaps your problem is that you aren't as clear as you think.

You still didn't answer my question by the way.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 7:13 am

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 19th, 2018, 5:05 am

It was clear to you because you paid attention to what i am saying , it wont be clear to others if they block me and ignore me and strawman me

Ask the question in a new thread and tag me please . this thread has already been railroaded enough

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6712
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Cornfed » August 19th, 2018, 5:47 am

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 5:05 am
It was clear to you because you paid attention to what i am saying , it wont be clear to others if they block me and ignore me and strawman me

Ask the question in a new thread and tag me please . this thread has already been railroaded enough
You are a piece of shit who shouldn't be posting in real people's threads. Just shut the f**k up.

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5945
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Ghost » August 19th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 5:05 am
It was clear to you because you paid attention to what i am saying , it wont be clear to others if they block me and ignore me and strawman me
No, you are not clear because you don't explain anything, offer banal generalities when contradicting others, and you refuse to answer my damn question. It's a simple yes or no question: do you or do you not understand that sometimes the society can be the problem and not the man? Just answer it here and put it to rest.
Ask the question in a new thread and tag me please . this thread has already been railroaded enough
Why don't you just f***ing answer the question? It's relevant to the thread.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27722
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Winston » August 20th, 2018, 3:14 pm

El_Caudillo wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 11:55 pm
He's talking about passports being microchipped, not people Winston.
But still. Even microchipping passports is not a good thing. It allows the powers that be to track you wherever you are. Plus it's a stepping stone to getting people to gradually accept being microchipped themselves. Didn't you know that? It's part of the NWO gameplan. You got to introduce big changes slowly for them to be accepted. Didn't you see the Aaron Russo interview with Alex Jone? Or hear David Icke talk about this?

So this is not exactly an innocent video either you know.

Now he claims he was joking and being sarcastic. How would anyone know that?

Also even jokes have some truth in them. Why would you choose to joke about such a strange thing? The jokes you choose reveal something about you too. How come other normal sane people don't joke about this kind of stuff?

Did you consider all that @El_Caudillo? Aren't you an intellectual and freethinker too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27722
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Winston » August 20th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Note to Everyone:

I've edited the poll to allow re-voting in case anyone changes their mind. Simply select another option in the poll and hit submit to change your vote.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27722
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Winston » August 20th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Cornfed wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 5:47 am
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 5:05 am
It was clear to you because you paid attention to what i am saying , it wont be clear to others if they block me and ignore me and strawman me

Ask the question in a new thread and tag me please . this thread has already been railroaded enough
You are a piece of shit who shouldn't be posting in real people's threads. Just shut the f**k up.
Cornfed, please don't insult people like that. Try to be more tactful please. We are trying to have an intelligent constructive discussion here. Not a flame war. You will receive a warning on your account for that.

Please keep in mind that in the poll about banning you, a slight majority voted to ban you. So you are still here by grace only.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23389
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27722
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Winston » August 20th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 3:28 am
It is self evident . ..but the reason i vocalise it is because you have people telling other people not to bother doing anything when they are at home ....to just give up everything until they get overseas....THAT is the part that i disagree with .....not the travel part....the travel part is exactly what i do agree with. But people like matt Hanson and Dustin young keep reverting to this notion that i disagree with traveling .....and it doesn't seem to matter how many times i clarify it....they still revert to trying to get me to defend a point i never made whilst completely unaknowledging my actual point....

I even had to re clarify to Winston in this thread if you read back he asked me to justify points i never made and when i clarified i was met with the same response as i always get.....completely unacknowledged
I don't understand something Darrell. If you are for traveling or expatting abroad, and for self-improvement too, then why not advocate BOTH? Why do you try to make it mutually exclusive, as if one can only choose one or the other? Why not do both? Work on improving yourself and going abroad at the same time? Isn't that the best solution? Plus if you are in a friendlier saner environment with better vibes that allow you to be yourself, then improving yourself should be a lot easier too, because you FEEL freer and FEEL better about yourself. Right?

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. So what is the issue here? I don't get it. It sounds like you are arguing for the sake of arguing, and it's not clear what your point is. Even Ghost isn't clear on what you are trying to argue. What is your thesis exactly? And how does it differ from ours?

Also you didn't answer my question. You don't know these guys in person. So how do you know whether they are to blame or their environment? You can't know this for sure, because you can't take a specific guy and simulate what would have happened if he had grown up in a foreign environment, and whether he would be any different or not. Science says that our personality is 50 percent comprised of genetics and 50 percent influenced by environment and culture. So that's a tough call.

Sure you can speculate, but you can't call your speculation as fact. It seems you are overly EAGER to get people to blame themselves. When there is a gray area or unknown area, you seem to want to quickly jump to the conclusion that the complainant is to blame and at fault. You may not use those exact words, but you imply that. I'm sure others get that impression too. Do you understand my point?

If you are an honest truth seeker, why not ask the person leading questions about himself to get him to open up more, so you can try to understand him, rather than judging him on the spot? That's what therapists do too. They are trained not to judge or give bad advice, because if you give bad advice and it leads to bad consequences, you can be sued. So they avoid giving advice. Instead, they get the patient to open up and explore themselves better and then suggest coping skills too.

You should go to a trained therapist or clinician sometime and see how they do this. You could learn a lot from it Darrell.

A wise person who wants to learn things or understand others, learns to ASK QUESTIONS, not make judgments on the spot or jump to conclusions. Only an arrogant know-it-all does that. Which do you want to be? Think about it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27722
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Winston » August 20th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 5:05 am
It was clear to you because you paid attention to what i am saying , it wont be clear to others if they block me and ignore me and strawman me

Ask the question in a new thread and tag me please . this thread has already been railroaded enough
Why do you say that? These questions and topics here are relevant to the thread, because they are related to why you were banned from the HA FB group. So it's all related.

But if you want to continue this discussion in other threads, here are some other threads I started about self-improvement vs HA, and changing your thoughts vs changing your location, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=20277

https://www.happierabroad.com/forum/vie ... =9&t=21767

Also see this:

http://www.mavericktraveler.com/new-env ... ifference/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 7:13 am

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 20th, 2018, 4:50 pm

Winston wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 3:41 pm
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 3:28 am
It is self evident . ..but the reason i vocalise it is because you have people telling other people not to bother doing anything when they are at home ....to just give up everything until they get overseas....THAT is the part that i disagree with .....not the travel part....the travel part is exactly what i do agree with. But people like matt Hanson and Dustin young keep reverting to this notion that i disagree with traveling .....and it doesn't seem to matter how many times i clarify it....they still revert to trying to get me to defend a point i never made whilst completely unaknowledging my actual point....

I even had to re clarify to Winston in this thread if you read back he asked me to justify points i never made and when i clarified i was met with the same response as i always get.....completely unacknowledged
I don't understand something Darrell. If you are for traveling or expatting abroad, and for self-improvement too, then why not advocate BOTH? Why do you try to make it mutually exclusive, as if one can only choose one or the other? Why not do both?
Im getting tired of you and others trying to put me on the defensive for things I have never said. I have never said people shouldn't do both, have you got an example of me speaking out against traveling?. You clearly didn't read my response to your last questionnaire where I clearly ALREADY explained that I have never said otherwise, and I clarified EXACTLY what my objection was in my response to your quiz. Its like you ask me this massive questionaiire that took me ages to respond to your gighgallop of questions and you didn't even respond to a single answer I gave you, I dont know if you didnt read my post or if you just didn't want to reply, either way I think that drowning a person in question and not addressing any response is a tad unthoughtful TBH, you ask for a lot of time then completely ghost then continue asking me questions I already answered. This has dragged out for a week now and still no evidence provided and that didnt matter, I won the vote too and that didnt matter, so what the hell, If you want to talk about what I think.....be my guest, if not thats fine too, just please no more quizzing me on what other people have told you that I think. Just ask me about what I think and I will tell you. Things will sail then.

You want to know what my objection is but you want to assume what my objection is, I have told you many times, here is my argument again, if you want to know you can judge me on my actual opinion, not what some guy on the internet who doesnt know me has told you is my opinion, you don't have to respond to it.......


I am not against traveling or the happier abroad solution or hooking up or marrying foreign girls ,
I dont deny that society has problems
When I come to you page I encourage guys to travel
I tell them to be careful
I tell them there are good and bad women out there and advise people if I think they have been snagged by a bad egg
I encourage guys who are stuck at home to enjoy what ever time they spend at home and not get bored
I discourage laziness and pessimism

I am direct this is very true, I am from Belfast, this is how we are where I am from. I deliver it cold and it hurts peoples feelings when its so blunt I know, its my directness can cut through people some times, but I never try to hurt anyone.


......what I am objected to is this.....

telling men they can not improve is ROBBING them of all opportunity they have, no one has a right to tell anyone that they cant improve their situation, everyone has the capability,......just because you couldn't figure it out, doesn't mean others will not or can not.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”