"Nobody owes you anything" means "Thou shalt not make friends."

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Re: "Nobody owes you anything" means "Thou shalt not make friends."

Post by Darrell_Johnston »

Ghost wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 12:42 pm
Also AWs believe they are owed even more than what they already get for free. They also expect free bodyguards, and constant free protection from white knights. Free protection for their feelings too, which "sexual harassment" policies ensure. White knights protecting their fragile nonsense opinions on the internet. And so on. Wonder when Darrell's going to address that.
I will quote your own advice back at you.....
There are things that a man has control over, and things he does not have control over.

For the things he controls, he is completely responsible for. For the things he does not control, he is not responsible for.
«AUTHORITY» & «RESPONSIBILITY» are actually the SAME CONCEPT – and that they must NEVER be allowed to be separated. They must ALWAYS be reciprocally congruent. This means, NEVER accepting responsibility for ANYTHING you cannot ultimately control – such as the actions or decisions of other people!.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 10:57 pm

«AUTHORITY» & «RESPONSIBILITY» are actually the SAME CONCEPT – and that they must NEVER be allowed to be separated. They must ALWAYS be reciprocally congruent. This means, NEVER accepting responsibility for ANYTHING you cannot ultimately control – such as the actions or decisions of other people!.
You're right, except in the case of modern feminist legal systems unfortunately, where men are responsible for everything but have authority over nothing.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

To try to get back to the OP's premise, though exaggerated as his usual posts with AK-47s and Pelican Bay Prison, etc, I think as a generality in USA this excuse is used to not make relationships reciprocal in nature. As in, because nobody "owes" anyone anything, someone can do something nice for you, and you're not obligated to do anything back in return. So friends in USA I find quite often do not return favors, and I think I myself have been guilty of it, too. Obviously not every action you do or others do has a reciprocal indebted forever kind of thing, but even simple things like, if my neighbor mows my lawn for me, I try to say, get him a case of beer in return, etc. In Japan for example, it was custom (can Yohan chime in to see if this is still a thing?) to try to get your neighbors small gifts, and it ends up often being a sort of weird loop of neighbors buying gifts for each other forever each side feeling they "owe" the neighbor back. Without this reciprocal kind of relationship in relationships, then ultimately relationships become sort of meaningless because anyone can flake at any time for any reason, and in general relationships are hard to form because you cannot make the first move of the "give" in the reciprocal loop and expect anyone to care to reciprocate back, because of the "nobody owes you anything" mentality.

As far as in general with US relationships, as in, sexual or romantic, but I guess even broadly politically speaking even in terms of welfare or really anything of any public good at all, the term gets thrown around again. "I'm too poor to afford drugs I need to live." Well, hey, nobody owes you anything! I remember prominently a US politician writing a letter back to a constituent who asked what he could do to help her afford her Epipens and insulin pumps she needed, and the politician replied back with basically "nobody owes you anything, free market, haha!" http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/06/3 ... ghter.html Though unrelated, when someone asks on a normie forum about their lack of a girlfriend/etc, the canned reply generally someone throws in is this "nobody owes you anything!" thing. Instead of at least remarking with some sort of sympathy for a bad situation to them, like the insulin letter above, there's just that, which is totally unhelpful and meaningless to try to justify a situation that is completely wrong, like modern dating often can be.

This sort of basic idea of "nobody owes you anything" is I think one of the things most wrong with USA, it's a saying coming from a very hyper individualist and hyper competitive angle.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Ghost wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 11:42 am
do you understand that sometimes the society is the problem and not the man?
To make sure we on the same page, I have to ask 2 questions....

1. Why are you asking me this?

2. When you say "problem" which problem specifically are you talking about?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

onethousandknives wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 2:08 am
To try to get back to the OP's premise, though exaggerated as his usual posts with AK-47s and Pelican Bay Prison, etc, I think as a generality in USA this excuse is used to not make relationships reciprocal in nature. As in, because nobody "owes" anyone anything, someone can do something nice for you, and you're not obligated to do anything back in return. So friends in USA I find quite often do not return favors, and I think I myself have been guilty of it, too.
You hit the nail right on the head. The phrase "Nobody owes you anything" is used to make sure that nobody tries to form any type of long term friendship or relationship. In other words, it is used to make sure all friendships stay a façade, and that nobody tries to add onto the façade, especially in terms of, if the façade were real, adding side and rear walls and then putting a roof on top, aka making a house out of a façade. And once again, it is used to make sure that people stay strangers. And again, you break under the stress of isolation, they institutionalize you and put you on drugs. Just like a municipality that cuts down every tree that loses a branch in a storm, aka if a tree loses a branch in a storm, that tree gets the chainsaw and the stump grinder.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Actually, "nobody owes you anything" is used mostly when people feel entitled to certain things (ie: other people's money, etc).
If a waitress/bartender is nice to you while she is at work, it's because she is literally being PAID to be nice to you. If you want to strike up a friendship with her, and she's not feeling that, she doesn't owe you a friendship.
If you break under the stress of isolation, you should definitely seek help, not necessarily drugs and an institution.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

This is so very sad. My favorite waitress from my favorite beach restaurant on Fort Myers Beach is no longer waitressing anymore. Known her for 2 and a half years, she was very social with me, and now that she is gone, it could well be up to a decade before I go back and eat there again. And to use "owe" as an umbrella term is to say that my friendship with her is over regardless of merit. The only way to see her at all now is to either try and meet up with her or plan a get together with her and go out for lunch or something.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

traveller wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 8:36 am
This is so very sad. My favorite waitress from my favorite beach restaurant on Fort Myers Beach is no longer waitressing anymore. Known her for 2 and a half years, she was very social with me, we shared great stories when I had dinner at her restaurant, and now that she is gone, it could well be up to a decade before I go back and eat there again. And to use "owe" as an umbrella term is to say that my friendship with her is over regardless of merit. The only way to see her at all now is to either try and meet up with her or plan a get together with her and go out for lunch or something.
Traveller.

If America had the culture of, for example, the Philippines, your favorite waitress would have taken you to Disney World a long time ago, and you could be less than even a month away from another trip with your favorite waitress to Disney World, or even Busch Gardens.

In America AKA the U.S. of Hate, that kind of thing absolutely does not fly at all. In America, when waitresses and bartenders get into a different field of work, they put up walls between themselves and their customers, and they become total strangers again to even their best and most common customers. They get into a different field of work, and they become toxic and socially disconnected. They cut away their social former selves and become closed and cliquish. Many former waitresses even delete and block their former customers on Facebook when they get into a different field of work.

Once again, as said in the comparison chart, in America, friendships are superficial and fleeting, mostly a facade!

You want waitresses that will take you out for lunch or dinner, or to the movies, including after they have left the waitressing industry, you NEED to GET OUT of America!
Last edited by Mercury on August 24th, 2018, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Ghost wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 10:53 am
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:27 pm
1. Why are you asking me this?
To see if you are for or against the idea of happier abroad. To see if you understand why HAers do what they do.
2. When you say "problem" which problem specifically are you talking about?
I'm talking about problems such as chronic unemployment domestically, being unable to find good women in one's own country, being unable to get one's life started in one's home country, being unable to get a foothold and do well in one's own society. In other words, I am asking you if you recognize that sometimes a man not being able to do the aforementioned things is not his fault.
1.) When you say "To see if you understand why HAers do what they do." ......what exactly is it that they do that you think I dont understand?.

2) I think that life is stressful and tiresome and constantly throws obstacles and unwanted events at us that we didn't want or ask for so there will always be times when things are too much. One of my dads most common expressions is "There is always bloody something!" He's right there.....there is always something. Every time we fix a problem, its a certainty that a new problem isn't far away......this is life. But I do attest that bad situations can always be improved and there is no one single path to improvement, life choice is complex and divese.....would you agree with that?.
whitewilly
Freshman Poster

Post by whitewilly »

growup wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 9:02 pm
Actually, "nobody owes you anything" is used mostly when people feel entitled to certain things (ie: other people's money, etc).
If a waitress/bartender is nice to you while she is at work, it's because she is literally being PAID to be nice to you. If you want to strike up a friendship with her, and she's not feeling that, she doesn't owe you a friendship.
If you break under the stress of isolation, you should definitely seek help, not necessarily drugs and an institution.
Bingo!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 10:21 pm
1.) When you say "To see if you understand why HAers do what they do." ......what exactly is it that they do that you think I dont understand?.
All goes back to the same question I keep asking you dudebro. HAers go abroad because Western women are shitbags. What you don't understand is that sometimes the society is the problem and not the man.
Have you got an example of me not understanding the HA motivation? Or are you assuming I don't understand that?.
The thing is, you do understand this but you are a hypocrite: if your country gave your everything you need, you wouldn't be living and working abroad. And you f***ing know it's hypocritical - Winston was the one who brought up that you live abroad, not you for obvious reasons.
I bring it up myself that I live abroad, its no secret, why am I a hypocrite? Did I ever say anyone shouldn't travel or speak out against it?.
You assume I travel for the same reasons as you....if that were so, I wouldnt have lived in USA twice and Australia twice.

Bad situation can always be improved = not always. If a situation is out of a man's control then he can't fix it by himself. At best he can influence it in his favor, or get out of it.
That IS improving his situation
Now, how about you just answer the f***ing question this time?

Do you understand that sometimes the society is the problem and not the man?

Simple yes or no question.
Financially, economically.... yes.

Getting laid....perhaps but not usually. If he is incarcerated or works in an oil rig and never sees women, or lives in a hamlet with 80 people then he could blame his lack of success with women on his environment, but as most people live in large towns or cities....I would never accept that society is the reason why a man isn't getting laid. Its either because he isn't applying himself in the right way, doesn't have what it takes to meet decent women or has no value to the types of women he desires.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

growup wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 9:02 pm
In the old days, maybe. But today in America, "nobody owes you anything" is used as an umbrella to make it look wrong and even illegal under Federal law, for example, for a customer to start a friendship with a waitress, bartender, or any person at all, as well as for bartenders and waitresses to start a friendship with a customer or customers. In other words, "nobody owes you anything" is used to brainwash, break, and mould Americans into living like hermits. And once again, you snap under the strain, and it's immediate institutionalization and prescription after prescription of antidepressants. People who break in America's hermit mould are taken out the same way that a tree that loses a branch in a storm gets promptly finished off by chain saw and stump grinder.