Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Anyone checked out Paul Elam?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone checked out Paul Elam?

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 18th, 2018, 7:18 am

Ghost wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 3:03 am

Why push this bullshit narrative that lack of self-improvement is the problem?

Ghost, you probably don't understand what I mean by self improvement, see my implicit theories of intelligence thread in the general discussions if you want to discuss what I think, you have to actually know what I think first, otherwise its just a discussion of assumptions. Feel free to read the link I posted to the neuroscience wiki page and discuss this further with me there

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » August 18th, 2018, 7:23 am

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 7:10 am
If someone is talking about how to do something and someone else says "It can't be done", then clearly the first person has been given advice (be it right or wrong) because if something can't be done he would not want to waste the effort and risk trying to do it. Of course the advisory statement is probabilistic. For all the advisor knows, the person he is talking to could be God in disguise and able to do anything. This is obvious to any normal, sane person. Do you have some kind of autism? If so I do sympathise, but could you not find better outlets?

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 18th, 2018, 7:33 am

Well, anyway....enough semantics.....Do you have any counter arguments to any my points or not?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » August 18th, 2018, 7:52 am

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 7:33 am
Do you have any counter arguments to any my points or not?
You had points?

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Post by Darrell_Johnston » August 18th, 2018, 7:59 am

yes, and they were clearly repeated a few times. This conversation is over.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » August 18th, 2018, 9:03 am

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 7:59 am
yes, and they were clearly repeated a few times. This conversation is over.
Whatever you're trying to do, give it up loser.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » August 18th, 2018, 8:48 pm

Last edited by Ghost on December 12th, 2018, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » August 19th, 2018, 6:40 am

Here is one of Paul Elams most watched videos, it's called, 'The Real Reasons to Not Get Married.'

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 19th, 2018, 7:29 pm

jamesbond wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 6:40 am
Here is one of Paul Elams most watched videos, it's called, 'The Real Reasons to Not Get Married.'

This is what makes him de facto MGTOW, even though he does not accept that appellation.

mattyman
Freshman Poster

Post by mattyman » August 22nd, 2018, 1:12 am

Elam makes the point that we re pair-bonding creatures,yet he acknowledges that some women do use men's need for a women's approval to manipulate him. The thing he teaches men is, to think with their brain rather than their bollocks.

Guys above, get rid of this western vs. foreign females nonsense. The message Paul is saying is true of all females.

Females can be made ACCOUNTABLE if;
a) called out and
b) Not living in a society that shields women from accountability through political correctness.
Now, this doesn't mean abuse a woman or make here a slave, it means call out bad behaviour, set boundaries (if living in a society that's not infested by white nights who won't do the same that is).

If you give anyone an inch, they'll run a mile. Look at what happens when you let muslims off the hook, we get the Rotherham rape scandals, the Police too scared to act for fear of accusations racism. Similarly, men are too scared to call out manipulative behaviour from women for fear of being accused of sexism. Doesn't mean you have to resort to their bad behaviour, put your foot down, make clear that their behaviour won't affect you negatively and that you can walk out; either can survive on your or own or can find someone else easily.

I like Elam because he makes a lot of the points without being openly misogynistic, yet still offending the social justice warriors.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » September 10th, 2018, 2:39 am

Here is another good video from Paul Elam entitled, "Foreign women are not the answer."

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » January 2nd, 2019, 8:15 am

Here is a recent interview Tom Leykis did with Paul Elam. They discuss the #MeToo movement, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and the fact that men are starting to realize how dangerous it is to get involved with women.