Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why the bashing board has to exist

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why the bashing board has to exist

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:23 am

As I explained to someone yesterday about why this board exists:

"Good points and you are right about many things.

However, even if I closed down the flaming board, there will always be those who want to flame me and bash me. Without that board, they will do it in the other sections of the forum, polluting it as well. So, they've got to have a "toilet" to vent in.

If they bash me outside of that board, they get banned. That's the arrangement I have with some of them. I banned them before but they use open proxies to reregister and come back. It's happened so many times that I just can't get rid of them. So, the only compromise is to create that board and keep them in it.

Can you think of a better solution?

You are right that there is no more point debating them. But this is the only way to contain them."
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why the bashing board has to exist

Postby LukeSkywalker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:18 pm

WWu777 wrote:Can you think of a better solution?

Yes I can. Ban them, then if they keep creating new accounts, complain to their ISP, and if they continue to harass you and your website, their ISP will remove their internet service. Problem solved.
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Postby James G » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:14 pm

From a marketing standpoint I think the bashing board is a bad idea

It turns people off – people are not coming here to read arguments and flames about you, some of the things people say about you (even if they are lies) just put people off.

People that come to your website are interested in the being “Happier Abroadâ€￾ – not to read the posts of a bunch of people talking shit about you, when they see all of the nasty stuff being said about you I am sure many just leave

Getting rid of flamers is easy – don’t give them a soapbox, dump the bashing board and immediately delete anything negative about you that is posted. After a few months most of the haters will just give up

The hating takes away from the important parts of this forum

Remember, your brand is everything

~James
James G
Freshman Poster

Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:59 am

James,
It is true that most people here not get involved in bashing, but to talk about being "happier abroad". But since the bashers are limited to one board, isn't it very easy and convenient for viewers to just skip that board at their leisure and just focus on the other boards that interest them? That's the reason for confinement. In other words, at the forum index, they can just choose not to ever click on the flaming bashing board and it won't be in their way. What do you think?

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:32 pm

Folks don't forget to read this revealing post in the flaming bashing board. It's spot on and so true.

"Bashers, why they bash"

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=3795

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:05 am

Well the bashers have been gone for quite some time now. Guess they gave up. Good riddance.

Winston
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions