Are you afraid of God sending you to burn in Hell forever because you deserve it?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are you afraid of God sending you to burn in Hell forever because you deserve it?

Post by MrMan »

I hear it is hot in Hell.

I am also thankful for the forgiveness God gives to those who believe in Jesus, who died for our sins, bearing them on the cross, who also rose again.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Re: Are you afraid of God sending you to burn in Hell forever because you deserve it?

Post by Darrell_Johnston »

Can you demonstrate....

1, there is a hell
2. there is a god
3, jesus existed
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are you afraid of God sending you to burn in Hell forever because you deserve it?

Post by Yohan »

There are many religions in this world and their clergymen promise and threaten you with this or that.
Luckily as an atheist I don't care.
BTW, even if a God exists, there is no proof for any form of afterlife

The only way to prove that is to die....
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Having been raised into Christianity I found it difficult at first to prize myself away from a religion I was unfortunately force fed with. As I reached adulthood I began siding towards reality and logic and seeing the bigger picture from an unbiased standpoint. That, I don't regret.

Heaven and hell are on this earth and the afterlife is just an incentive for those who fantasise over a better world. The Bible is similar to newspapers or online forums. Written by humans they can all contain useful information but this information can also be detrimental. No exceptions.

Asking forgiveness from "God" will give you eternal life will it? Hmmm......so if an individual commits heinous acts on earth such as mass murder for example, he'll go to "heaven" based on a request? What about the non-believer who lives his life pure? The one with love in his heart, the one who gives to others, the one with morals. Will he be barbecued in "hell" for being a pagan?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Why do Christians try to use on adults myths and fairy tales that work on scaring children into compliance? It just proves that it is as evil a concept as the evils it decries.

The sooner "religious" people go crawl under a rock, the better. But unfortunately, misery loves company and that is precisely what they seek.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

No, I feel like I'm paying as I go.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I love the Bible, it's the greatest science fiction novel of all time.
Time to Hide!
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Most Americans are evil people. They voted to support the Iraq war, which killed over a million innocent civilians.

And most of the war supporters were christians. You think God is going to forgive you for supporting genocide? Your god must be a f***ing evil monster then.
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Each man should try his best to be a good person and to treat other people respectfully. Then possibly, if they have not already gone too far, God will show them how to get saved, and how to receive eternal life, and how to live again forever with Christ in abundance and glory immeasurable compared to this life in the next world, in the age to come. Salvation is not by works, but as for people who are cruel (even just verbally with insults and shaming language), it may be hard for them to get saved, because God resists such people. Cruelty is arrogance, and God resists the proud.

If a person wants to get saved, they should go to the religious subforum here and read the thread "There's only one thing a person must do to be saved."
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Post by Darrell_Johnston »

Neo wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 4:57 am
Each man should try his best to be a good person and to treat other people respectfully. Then possibly, if they have not already gone too far, God will show them how to get saved, and how to receive eternal life, and how to live again forever with Christ in abundance and glory immeasurable compared to this life in the next world, in the age to come. Salvation is not by works, but as for people who are cruel (even just verbally with insults and shaming language), it may be hard for them to get saved, because God resists such people. Cruelty is arrogance, and God resists the proud.

If a person wants to get saved, they should go to the religious subforum here and read the thread "There's only one thing a person must do to be saved."
prove it
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I'm not here to force anything down anyone's throat. Each man can accept or reject the prospect of salvation. It's really none of my business. However, I do speak the truth. Whether a man wants to believe it, it is up to him.

I am also not looking to get into any arguments about the existence of God. Every man can make up his own mind.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Neo wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 8:47 am
I'm not here to force anything down anyone's throat.
Looks like you've turned over a new leaf, Adama! :wink:
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Jesus paid for my sins on Calvary. All my sins are gone. Washed away.

So yes, we deserve hell but God sent His Son Jesus so we don't have to go there.

All you have to do is believe on Him.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I used to have some measure of respect for pious Christians. However, experience has shown me that they tend to be that way in order to:

-Appear virtuous to others

-Rationalize their deep wickedness

-Act with false moral authority

-Think about complex life matters with childish simplicity.

-Manipulate others into their worldview with fear.

-Brainwash successive generations of children into the fold.

With all that in mind, Christians, and other religious types peddling the blind faith dupe, are among the most reprehensible people on the planet.

So if you are one with the passive aggressive claim that all one has to do is fall in line to avoid an eternity of burning flesh and tortured existence, then that means you too. If there is indeed a hell, for sure you deserve to go there while the quiet, incidental Christians certainly do not.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30590&p=315347#p315347

Some religious discussion with no results against atheism is also going on in this thread, link above.

About atheism, there is a fairly good summery in wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism