Safe Sex while Abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Safe Sex while Abroad

Post by kristy_571 »

It's good to think about having safe sex when you are having fun abroad. Diseases and unwanted pregnancies are a reality. When you are having fun with some luscious babe, how do you put protecting yourself first? How do you find what you need to protect yourself? Is this silly? Kinda. But it is also something to think about as well. Smart men protect themselves.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Good point. It's not smart to screw somebody you just met--let alone a sex worker--without a condom. As much as I hate condoms I always use them for vaginal intercourse unless I have a steady girlfriend on birth control. I draw the line at oral sex, however. I want SOME pleaure from sex so I would rather take the minimal risk of receiving a glorious BJ without a condom. :D Similarly, I know that health professionals recommend dental dams, but that would take all the fun out of going down on a woman. :wink: The female condoms look interesting, but I've never been with a girl who used one.

Condoms are certainly easy to find in Europe. They are prominently displayed on the main isles, instead of being hidden in the back corner of "sin and smut" the way they are in drugstores in the US. I think that EU condoms are as safe as American condoms.

If I went to a third-world country, I would probably bring condoms from home, however.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I hate condoms too cause they ruin the stimulation and some girls I know say that it reduces stimulation for females as well.

It's even more so if your "thing" is small.

You can get those super sensitive thin ones, but they are more expensive.

We went to the doctor about birth control. She said we have to wait til Dianne's next period, and offered either pills or injection. She said if we are forgetful then an injection is better, so I think we will have to opt for that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

WWu777 wrote:I hate condoms too cause they ruin the stimulation and some girls I know say that it reduces stimulation for females as well.

It's even more so if your "thing" is small.

You can get those super sensitive thin ones, but they are more expensive.

We went to the doctor about birth control. She said we have to wait til Dianne's next period, and offered either pills or injection. She said if we are forgetful then an injection is better, so I think we will have to opt for that.
As a woman... I'll offer my two cents. lol :lol:
I love the injection. Not that I take it now, because I don't get any action. Too much info. :oops: :roll: eww. Why did I say that! lol
But the shot works great. 3 months of worry free protection, and then go and get another one. Pills are easy to forget to take. (That's how I became pregnant with my baby 3 years ago). It's good to always just be careful..just in case.

The main point of this post, is if you go overseas and are having fun, it is good to think ahead of time how to protect yourself from disease or pregnancy-if you want to do that.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

According to the CDC, the most common STD's in the US is HPV, chlamydia, and HSV. If memory serves HPV and HSV can be transmitted via skin contact.

If you're visiting a "professional", condoms should always be used, but it will not protect you against all STD's. It will offer partial protection against the most deadly types, however.

If you're visiting a bar/cathouse, just because they require their workers to get regular STD exams, doesn't mean they're safe. There's a lot of corruption in that business. In Tijuana Mexico they fired 4 health inspectors couple years ago for taking bribes, and these are the guys checking bar girl's health-check cards.
Last edited by momopi on April 2nd, 2008, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Condoms are a must if you're concerned about STDs. Another sensible thing to do is to thoroughly wash your genital area after you have sex, so you don't have your partner's bodily fluids sitting on your skin for the rest of the day.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I lived in Thailand for three and a half years and I played it safely every weekend ( count the numbers, please) but at times, condoms would break and I would be soaked in fluids. I was scared out of my wits when I came home and went in to get tested. I tested negative for everything which was a huge relief.

The thing with condoms and all that is that while they mostly protect you from STDs, what about other things? Some girls may have TB or Hep or other exotic deseases such as latent leprosy. With TB in particular, you have to watch out because you may end up carrying antibodies to it. I do not have an active TB but every time I have a smear it shows that I have been exposed to someone with it. Where? How? Hmm. I do remember kissing strangers in the night in Thailand.

While people are paranoid about STDs because of the sexual stigma connected with them, they need to worry about dysentery, cholera and a host of other things. So, be careful. It is actually best if you can afford to have a GF (GFs) that is clean, non demanding and will be happy to play with you instead of scouring bars for hookers. Hookers sleep wity many guys and after a while, when you get older, you may not want to have them anymore because of their lifestyle.

Since I do not like marriage, I think the best thing is to find a clean, non bar girl ( you can even have a web cam girl who has not been in physical contact with men) , offer to support her and play with her. If you have more money, have two or three, make it abundantly clear to them that you are not interested in marriage but only want to have a friend that will be willing to share intimacy with you without the shackles of marriage and the trappings that come with it. If you play your cards smart, you can do it.

Some guys offer to pay for ladies' schooling in exchange for companionship. This can work in quite a few countries and is one of the best ways to maintain a reasonably healthy relationship without having to
use bargirls who have been with hell knows who before you.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Jackal wrote: Another sensible thing to do is to thoroughly wash your genital area after you have sex, so you don't have your partner's bodily fluids sitting on your skin for the rest of the day.
Ok, but what about in the time window between the intercourse and my washing the area? Will the nasty viruses and bacteria wait until I wash them off or take the opportunity to break into my body asap?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

ladislav..
I think that when you go to a foreign country, and you are willing to help a girl, on one hand, I advocate marriage. But on the other hand, you are helping her alot. But how long does it last? I think helping a girl (or girls) or with school, housing ect is a very kind act. But what happens when a man gets tired of the girls? What do they do then? Do they have to move on to the next guy? Or do guys generally help them until they are able to support themselves? like, if a girl is in University, does she get help long enough til she graduates? Because a girl can't have an arrangement like that forever-she will get older and lose her looks eventually. Even if she stays beautiful, eventually she will want to settle down and maybe have a husband and kids. So how does it work exactly? I see no right or wrong in it-although, as I said, it is a kindess to help them. But how does it work to benefit both? I sometimes think too much, and overanalyze things. I am just curious.
Last edited by kristy_571 on April 12th, 2008, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I love how females automatically assign such high values to themselves. So you go overseas and you have sex with a girl. This means you gotta put her through college and pay her rent?

The cult-like feminist (and make no doubt kids, this is feminism were talking about) assumption here is that sex is some sort of degrading, painful, or horrible event for the girl or, conversely, that its some sort of next-best-thing-to-heaven spiritual thing for the guy. Look, its sex. Nothing more, nothing less. HERE COMES A CLUE: That thing aint gold...ITS PINK!

If a girl "gets older and loses her looks" so friggin what? Oh for SHAME that she would have to "settle" for marriage. Perish the THOUGHT that any females should have a life without absolute splendor! Oh boo hoo hoo!

What about the soldier that goes to war and comes back with chunks missing? Oh, I forgot...hes just a man, expendable and all. And the oh so precious and irreplaceable female simply MUST have a posh existence for all time because she spreads her legs?

Gimme a break!

Any female should feel LUCKY that a western or self-sufficient man takes time to notice her. She should be quite flattered if the same man wants to spend some quality time with her. She should consider it the highest HONOR that such a man would choose to have sex with her.

This is why you can not have females on a forum such as this. Ive said it before, Ill say it again (as I have for the last 10 years). Even the best western females are not "good", they are only slightly less horrible then the others. Nitwit feminists will NEVER get a clue and see that they have priced themselves right out of the market.

Id tell you to go make me a sandwich kristy, but my wife does a superb job in that area, and you would most likely f**k it up. Theres the door, dont let it hit you in your flaccid sagging ass on the way out, k thnx bye.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I knew a Taiwanese guy who went to Brazil and got himself a live-in GF... he paid for room and board (she moved in) and helped out with her college tuition fees. They ended up getting married and had a kid.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

Grunt, perhaps you are right.
This is probably not a place for a female. I was not trying to say that women are better than men. I never did say that once. I am still kind of young, and I do not know everything in life. Even at 25 I still do not know everything. I am learning. And I am here to learn so I can become a better person, and also learn about living abroad as well. So if I've offended you, I did not do so on purpose. As to your insults, I am not going to take it personally. :) If you weren't a good guy, that would have offended me. But since you are, I am not going to let your ass hitting me on my flaccid ass (which is not flaccid at all, thanks) remark get to me. And I don't "f**k up" sandwiches. Besides, your wife is better to make it because she's married to you, and knows you better. How am I supposed to know if you want Pastrami or Turkey? ;)

But I make a mean chocolate chip cookie (which I don't eat. Too many calories).
Last edited by kristy_571 on April 12th, 2008, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

momopi wrote:I knew a Taiwanese guy who went to Brazil and got himself a live-in GF... he paid for room and board (she moved in) and helped out with her college tuition fees. They ended up getting married and had a kid.

Wow. He sounds like a decent guy. I think it's great that they settled down, too.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

Grunt wrote:I love how females automatically assign such high values to themselves. So you go overseas and you have sex with a girl. This means you gotta put her through college and pay her rent?.
I am not a feminist. I was just curious what happens to the girl once the man gets tired of her.
Grunt wrote:The cult-like feminist (and make no doubt kids, this is feminism were talking about) assumption here is that sex is some sort of degrading, painful, or horrible event for the girl or, conversely, that its some sort of next-best-thing-to-heaven spiritual thing for the guy. Look, its sex. Nothing more, nothing less. HERE COMES A CLUE: That thing aint gold...ITS PINK!.
I never thought that being a female made me better than anyone. I don't have a sense of entitlement-except for what is in my religion. In Islam, a husband is responsible for supporting his wife and children. If I get married, and have kids, I will hope to stay at home at least a few years to take care of my and my husband's children.
Grunt wrote:If a girl "gets older and loses her looks" so friggin what? Oh for SHAME that she would have to "settle" for marriage. Perish the THOUGHT that any females should have a life without absolute splendor! Oh boo hoo hoo!.
Marriage is not something to settle for. It's one of the most beautiful and holy unions created by God.
Grunt wrote:What about the soldier that goes to war and comes back with chunks missing? Oh, I forgot...hes just a man, expendable and all. And the oh so precious and irreplaceable female simply MUST have a posh existence for all time because she spreads her legs?

Gimme a break! .
Women are not entitled to a posh existence. You are a vet, and your wife helps and also has responsibilities. That is how things should be. Marriage is for better of worst. And a husband is not expendable or easily replaced.
Grunt wrote:Any female should feel LUCKY that a western or self-sufficient man takes time to notice her. She should be quite flattered if the same man wants to spend some quality time with her. She should consider it the highest HONOR that such a man would choose to have sex with her. .
I do agree with that. I also think that a woman deserves love as well.
Grunt wrote:This is why you can not have females on a forum such as this. Ive said it before, Ill say it again (as I have for the last 10 years). Even the best western females are not "good", they are only slightly less horrible then the others. Nitwit feminists will NEVER get a clue and see that they have priced themselves right out of the market. .
Okay. You have your opinions, and you also probably are right to a point. But I am still a human being, and if I say things that are not agreeable to you, it doesn't mean that I am against you. :)
Grunt wrote:Id tell you to go make me a sandwich kristy, but my wife does a superb job in that area, and you would most likely f**k it up. Theres the door, dont let it hit you in your flaccid sagging ass on the way out, k thnx bye. .
Your wife knows what you like. I do not know you, so I can't know what sandwich you would want. I am not Subway. I cook for other people all the time (I do the cooking for my stepmom, my father, and my two little sisters), and also help do cooking for my disabled grandma. If any of my friends are hungry, they can come over to my place and grub. I am happy to feed other people. :)
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

ladislav wrote: Ok, but what about in the time window between the intercourse and my washing the area? Will the nasty viruses and bacteria wait until I wash them off or take the opportunity to break into my body asap?
You have a good point Ladislav. I'm not sure about this, but it was just a tip that I read in my college's guide to preventing sexual diseases. Other webpages don't seem to mention it, so it doesn't seem that important.

However, washing your hands is always important:
"Wash your hands before handling food and after using the bathroom. Washing your hands thoroughly is one of the simplest, most important ways to prevent the spread of any infection, including hepatitis."
http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_h ... titis.html

Also, you can give yourself a chlamydial eye infection by rubbing your eyes with a hand that has bodily fluids on it that contain the chlamyidia bacteria.
http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_h ... mydia.html

So it's important to wash your hands after sex (or you could bring along a small bottle of hand sanitizer).