Half of Americans reportedly now mentally ill

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is another study that says that half of Americans will develop a mental illness in their lifetime.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... 35/#slide1
MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS IN THE UNITED STATES
Over a 12-month period, 27 percent of adults in the U.S. will experience some sort of mental health disorder, making the U.S. the country with the highest prevalence. Mental health disorders include mood disorders, anxiety disorders, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and substance abuse. Over one’s entire lifetime, the average American has a 47.4 percent chance of having any kind of mental health disorder. Yes, that’s almost one in two. The projected lifetime prevalence is even higher: for people who reach age 75 it is 55 percent. The WHO data does not take into account eating disorders, personality disorders, and schizophrenia; the incidence of these disorders together is about 15 percent in the U.S., according to the National Institute of Mental Health.
It then goes on to say that depression is a "luxury disorder" in the US because people in most other countries have to survive all the time and have no time for depression. lol. What a load of sugar coated BS. lol
FINDING PATTERNS: THE LUXURY OF DEPRESSION
Despite ongoing research, the predictors of mental health disorders are still evasive, even for the most common, like depression. While a nation’s wealth factor would seem to have an impact, it’s clear from the data that the relationship is complex. Ron Kessler, Ph.D., the Harvard researcher who headed much of the WHO’s mental health research, says that by and large people in less-developed countries are less depressed: After all, he says, when you’re literally trying to survive, who has time for depression? Americans, on the other hand, many of whom lead relatively comfortable lives, blow other nations away in the depression factor, leading some to suggest that depression is a “luxury disorder.�
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Wow old thread ... anyway it could be food poisoning, americans eat real messed up stuff; Toxicity levels through the roof, low energy, lack of clarity & logic, poor health = diseased mind + body.

Even I have felt the effects of eating imported food stuff from the USA like wild alaskan salmon, brussel sprouts, breakfast cereal, snacks ... never again!
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

ah man i have a BIG story to tell about the mental illness here in california.

its so bad here that not even tourists from other countries escape the illness.

i have seen tourists run, literally run as fast as they can because some one waved hi at them.

one guy from ireland said to me that he never felt safe here. he said he saw people talking to themselves
and it terrified him.

women on the street pointing their finger at me to let their man know i was scaring them....because i was
mumbling to myself.

men trying to save their woman from some guy that honked the horn at them. just ridiciluous shit like that

a denmark tourist told me he was with his female denmark friends on a bus. he said everyone was staring
at them. and it scared them.

just serious mental problems like that.

everybody is afraid here 24/7 literally. everyone is worried that someone is going to kill them or something.

serious mental problems. i would NEVER bring my foreign lady here at all.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

by the way winston

the actual statistics for high rates of mental illness is much higher then the "official" statistics.

it is near 90% of american population, again, this includes foreigners that liver here and tourists also.