Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Where should I go?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6808
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Where should I go?

Post by Cornfed » October 25th, 2018, 8:10 am

So management where I live has decided that after almost 2 years here they are sick of the sight of me and are evicting me and fair enough. I think they have made the wrong decision though. The reason this neighborhood is crime-free is because it has certain percentage of guys like me. When they clean us all out it will change, but oh well, they will have to find that out for themselves. The question is, where the hell do I go now? And of course I’ve lost my job. As a short, fat autistic white guy with no trade skills, pre-existing medical conditions and my views on the wrong side of 40, the world is naturally my oyster, but it would be good if you guys could narrow down the choices for me.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2245
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Where should I go?

Post by gsjackson » October 25th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Cornfed wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 8:10 am
So management where I live has decided that after almost 2 years here they are sick of the sight of me and are evicting me and fair enough. I think they have made the wrong decision though. The reason this neighborhood is crime-free is because it has certain percentage of guys like me. When they clean us all out it will change, but oh well, they will have to find that out for themselves. The question is, where the hell do I go now? And of course I’ve lost my job. As a short, fat autistic white guy with no trade skills, pre-existing medical conditions and my views on the wrong side of 40, the world is naturally my oyster, but it would be good if you guys could narrow down the choices for me.
Can you help us out by narrowing it down to a single continent? As I said before, if you want a preponderance of palefaces you're going to have to put up with cold weather.

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2714
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Where should I go?

Post by MrMan » October 26th, 2018, 2:45 am

Do you go around saying racist stuff in real life like you do on here, or is this where you vent?

Didn't you teach English in Asia once? If you have a degree, China may still have lots of jobs. I've been out of the ESL/EFL scene for years, but I'd imagine eslcafe.com still has lots of jobs posted. Housing and transportation is often included.

If you don't have a degree, I dont know what to tell you.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2707
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » October 26th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Though it was my first impulse, I'm going to refrain from gloating.

If you have a GoFundMe, I might just send you a little something out of the pure guilt of knowing this was an inevitability. Word of advice however, if you can't succeed in the USA, that portends very ill for your prospects abroad.

Image

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Yohan » October 26th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Though it was my first impulse, I'm going to refrain from gloating.
If you have a GoFundMe, I might just send you a little something out of the pure guilt of knowing this was an inevitability. Word of advice however, if you can't succeed in the USA, that portends very ill for your prospects abroad.
I think about the same, Cornfed was already out of USA, as far as I know he was living for several months, or even years (?) in China and South Korea, and later on moved back to USA. Why did he go back to USA?
I don't know, he never explained it.

No idea if he is able to speak anything else but English...no idea if any educational background...

Places with black population (Africa, some places in Latin America etc.) are out of question, I don't know what he thinks about Asian, but he was here in this region already and moved back to USA.

Now he is in USA, where to go? He seems to be rather out of money, no passive income, he must do some job to survive, already 40+....so maybe still better somewhere in USA? Or not? I am not sure what to advice.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6808
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Cornfed » October 26th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Yohan wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 7:50 pm
He seems to be rather out of money, no passive income, he must do some job to survive, already 40+....so maybe still better somewhere in USA? Or not? I am not sure what to advice.
Actually I have some money saved, so a little breathing space. Maybe I'll invest in a franchise or something.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2707
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » October 26th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Cornfed wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:12 pm
Yohan wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 7:50 pm
He seems to be rather out of money, no passive income, he must do some job to survive, already 40+....so maybe still better somewhere in USA? Or not? I am not sure what to advice.
Actually I have some money saved, so a little breathing space. Maybe I'll invest in a franchise or something.
With your poor health and interpersonal issues? You'd be closed and penniless in a month.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Yohan » October 27th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Cornfed wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:12 pm
Actually I have some money saved, so a little breathing space. Maybe I'll invest in a franchise or something.
With your poor health and interpersonal issues? You'd be closed and penniless in a month.
Yes, true - money is very difficult to control, you need a lot of patience and restrict your spending.
Cornfed said something about 'some money saved' - what means that? USD 5000,- or what?

Cornfed did not reply when I was questioning his language knowledge and educational background...but he says he has 'some money'.

If you are abroad you need always more money especially at the beginning compared to local people. There are visafees, airtickets, medical care without health insurance, working permit, language/translation problems, renting or buying your new home etc.
I can only say, Asia is not so cheap in the developed zone, where you can get a working permit and a good salary like Japan and South Korea.
And in many other places with low cost there is no job at all for foreigners, you can go only there for vacation and retirement.

I have seen many Western men who left within a few months and who moved back to EU and USA.
Cornfed knows best, as he moved to Asia (South Korea and China) and finally back to the States.

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 198
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Neo » October 27th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Cornfed has not supplied enough information about much of anything for anyone to give him an answer.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4823
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Moretorque » October 27th, 2018, 11:03 pm

I wonder if they threw him out because he's a PIG... At least on his avatar he's one anyway.

In all seriousness as long as the US is able to maintain the WRC statis the good old USA has many benefits from this which cannot be denied.

I do not like FL anymore but alot of money is moving here and it has the #1 infrastructure building in the country.
Last edited by Moretorque on October 28th, 2018, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2245
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Where should I go?

Post by gsjackson » October 28th, 2018, 1:30 am

Yohan wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 7:06 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Cornfed wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:12 pm
Actually I have some money saved, so a little breathing space. Maybe I'll invest in a franchise or something.
With your poor health and interpersonal issues? You'd be closed and penniless in a month.
Yes, true - money is very difficult to control, you need a lot of patience and restrict your spending.
Cornfed said something about 'some money saved' - what means that? USD 5000,- or what?

Cornfed did not reply when I was questioning his language knowledge and educational background...but he says he has 'some money'.

If you are abroad you need always more money especially at the beginning compared to local people. There are visafees, airtickets, medical care without health insurance, working permit, language/translation problems, renting or buying your new home etc.
I can only say, Asia is not so cheap in the developed zone, where you can get a working permit and a good salary like Japan and South Korea.
And in many other places with low cost there is no job at all for foreigners, you can go only there for vacation and retirement.

I have seen many Western men who left within a few months and who moved back to EU and USA.
Cornfed knows best, as he moved to Asia (South Korea and China) and finally back to the States.
Cornfed has a degree in the hard sciences. He would need far more than $5K to purchase a franchise, typically. As I've said before, I don't think he's from the U.S., but he won't enlighten us any on that topic.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Yohan » October 28th, 2018, 6:56 am

gsjackson wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 1:30 am
Cornfed has a degree in the hard sciences. He would need far more than $5K to purchase a franchise, typically. As I've said before, I don't think he's from the U.S., but he won't enlighten us any on that topic.
I am not sure if he is holding US citizenship - a while ago he mentioned something about New Zealand, going home while still in China and South Korea - other HA-members however responded that his way to write comments here and in other forums (banned already) are typical US-writing style. I don't know, I am not a native English speaker. Nobody knows...Who cares anyway...

About his degree, he mentioned one time he is (was) a guardman in a hardware-shop or so, kicked out already... hard science? Hmmm...hmmm... :P
and about his 'some money saved' he said a while ago he is looking forward to spend it for his teeth which are rotten down and he needs urgently a dentist... :mrgreen:

As a fact, nobody knows anything about 'Cornfed' - it is merely speculation what a kind of human this might be...

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2403
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Where should I go?

Post by OutWest » October 28th, 2018, 7:13 am

Cornfed wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 8:10 am
So management where I live has decided that after almost 2 years here they are sick of the sight of me and are evicting me and fair enough. I think they have made the wrong decision though. The reason this neighborhood is crime-free is because it has certain percentage of guys like me. When they clean us all out it will change, but oh well, they will have to find that out for themselves. The question is, where the hell do I go now? And of course I’ve lost my job. As a short, fat autistic white guy with no trade skills, pre-existing medical conditions and my views on the wrong side of 40, the world is naturally my oyster, but it would be good if you guys could narrow down the choices for me.
You might check out Chile. Not third world, reasonable cost of living ..and English teacher can do ok there...dominant Euro culture...

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2403
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Where should I go?

Post by OutWest » October 28th, 2018, 7:13 am

Cornfed wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 8:10 am
So management where I live has decided that after almost 2 years here they are sick of the sight of me and are evicting me and fair enough. I think they have made the wrong decision though. The reason this neighborhood is crime-free is because it has certain percentage of guys like me. When they clean us all out it will change, but oh well, they will have to find that out for themselves. The question is, where the hell do I go now? And of course I’ve lost my job. As a short, fat autistic white guy with no trade skills, pre-existing medical conditions and my views on the wrong side of 40, the world is naturally my oyster, but it would be good if you guys could narrow down the choices for me.
You might check out Chile. Not third world, reasonable cost of living ..and English teacher can do ok there...dominant Euro culture...

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6808
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Where should I go?

Post by Cornfed » October 29th, 2018, 12:00 am

I just found out why I have to leave. Management want to cram three third world seasonal workers into my small studio apartment. Seriously, that's the reason.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussions”