Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why no national healthcare in America? US vs Abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby onethousandknives » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:24 am

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:America has the most top notch "professional medical equipment" and medicine YET we are the sickest in the world. North American medical system is a shame. We are being pumped with drugs that are made to slowly kill us. They don't want to cure us because if we are cured they don't make money. Prescription drugs CAUSE disease. If you have an illness a medical drug will not cure but mask the symptom and give you side effects. Then you keep getting different meds. The answer is natural herbs.

Well, I mostly agree. Herbs for the most part are better. Herbs aren't totally different from drugs. It's learning how to use an herb correctly, that's the key. And there's not much clear and concise stuff written about herbs and how the human body works, and Western medicine tends to view the human body like a Mr. Potato Head. I find lately Chinese medicine is actually really helpful, in it's perspective of how disease works, yin and yang, jing, qi, etc.

Going with the Mr. Potato Head thing, the Western medical thought process is a bit screwy. Take cocaine. Cocaine has been drank as tea from it's leaves for thousands of years in South America, with no negative effects. Westerners discover it, think "wow, wouldn't it be a grand idea to make an extract of this that's way more powerful?" And then get mad when they make something hundreds of times more concentrated and it has negative effects, were they supposed to be surprised by that?

The drugs can have their place I guess, but herbs overall tend to be more "balanced" in how they work. IE, they'll contain compounds to make other compounds work better in the herbs. I think whole herbs made into tea or something are usually better than extracts for this reason.

Anyway, as far as why America doesn't have it, easy. War. Can you think of another country that's been perpetually at war since WWII? Our defense budget is the same as our Medicaid/medicare/SSI expenditures. And corporations and the government. Japan doesn't even allow genetically modified foods into it's food chain. I think also, too, one difference in America is a lot less drugs are over the counter. Supplements thankfully aren't regulated too much. But like, I know in most Eastern Bloc countries, steroids are OTC. The governments in those super unfree oppressive countries trust their citizens with their bodies more than we do in USA. You can buy 100 pills of, say, Dianabol, for $12. Just ask the pharmacist and away you go. The redundancy of a doctor's visit isn't needed. In much of the world, lots more drugs are OTC and cheaper.

I don't think a national health insurance would really solve anything, though. The problem I think stems from our terrible mentalities, why we are so unhealthy. I think it stems from, partially, feminism. The new liberated women not having to cook for their husbands. Then the husband has to work harder to pay for frozen food for the family to eat, not just once a week or something, but EVERYDAY. We spend 8 hours a day watching TV, doing nothing outside. Our lives are stressful because we spend so much time working, simply a lot of times to pay for food. We're paying artificially high prices for food, because we don't know how to cook anything from scratch anymore. America is literally like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-4LU79qbU[/youtube]

It's a society of fast solutions and zero longterm or bigger picture planning. So we take the fast easy solutions with our food, then the doctors take the fast easy solutions with our health, and that's why we are where we are with our lives.
onethousandknives
Freshman Poster

Postby WiseTruth » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 am

Just because an idea is not feasible now, doesn't mean it couldn't be in the future. Carving out a region for blacks, like we did with Liberia, is not a bad idea. Blacks would have a chance to run their own lives, and have a normal existence. And they would have NO excuses anymore for their failures: no more accusations of 'whitey' or racism or slavery. Plus, a separate region for blacks would contain and isolate their violent crimes.

I really don't know what the future map of a reconfigured US would look like. It's really up to you Asians, Hispanics, mixed race, and other non-whites to figure out how to organize yourselves in a future society. Whites are already getting organized, and when they do, they're going to decide for themselves how to run things for themselves. And I doubt dictatorship is in the cards.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:01 am

Piece of garbage Paul Krugman, admits that 'death panels' are real and that higher taxes (VAT, higher income taxes) on the middle class will be required to pay for Obamamcare in the future:

Krugman: "Death panels and sales taxes is how we do this"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9u2Lf0DdzA[/youtube]

Isn't this the same jackass, that told everyone that 'death panels' were a figment of the Teabagger's and conservatives imagination; funny that he admits it now in this video:

“We’re going to need more revenue, we’re going to need, and probably in the end, surely in the end it will require some sort of middle class taxes as well. So again, we won’t be able to pay for the kind of government, the society we want without some increase in taxes, not a huge one, but some increase on taxes on the middle class, maybe a value-added tax. We’re going to have to make decisions about health care, not pay for health care that has no demonstrated medical benefits. So you know the snarky version I use, which is, I shouldn’t even say because it will get me in trouble, is death panels and sales taxes is how we do this.â€￾
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

RUSH: First Time In My Life, I Am Ashamed Of My Country

Postby zboy1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:07 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBjUBWbIe6w[/youtube]
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 am

No demonstrated benefits. Like holistic medicine? So all those pills advertised on TV with side effects including heart attacks have demonstrated benefits because the FDA said so? Krugman's an ass.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:28 pm

http://justcommonsense-lostinamerica.bl ... -face.html

And so fireworks really broke out at the Finance Committee hearings on Obamacare yesterday afternoon. Senator Max Baucus, (Dem), said.."how could this happen? I'm hearing from my constituents that they and their families have been left out in the cold and are without health care because the Exchanges are not accepting them!". Quote from Senator Bill Nelson, (Dem), Florida "my constituents are not going to be happy to hear this administration failed to implement the necessary changes to accommodate health care applicants...someone has to pay for this!" Similar outrage was professed by Senator Ron Wyden (Dem) from Oregon.

Sadly, Obama Program Director for the Health care Affordability Act was on hand to lend testimony. All he could seem to do was sympathize with his Democratic buddies, saying that maybe the problems could be ironed out by the end of 2014 but could offer no ideas about how that could be done.

Also, sadly, the Wall Street Journal reported that, in addition to the 30 million Americans not currently covered under Obamacare, we can expect tens of millions more who will be left in the "no health care Twilight Zone"; those who were doing just fine with their employee health care plan until Obamacare was implemented this year. And many of those who were working 40 hour weeks will find themselves deemed "part time employees" working less than 30 hours per week and unable to afford Obama's premiums even if they could get through the application process.

And, as usual, while the working poor, and the rapidly declining middle class will be out in the cold without any health care, the Medicaid/Welfare tit-suckers have no worry. They are covered by that $700 billion dollar pot of gold Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services will be demanding from Congress soon!
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions