working with Indians

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TD-40
Freshman Poster

working with Indians

Post by TD-40 »

Hey guys I am wondering if I am the only person who often struggles with communicating and working with people from India? I tend to think there are cultural differences that create obstacles in communication. My current manager knows a lot about the technical aspects of our jobs but when it comes to reviews, meetings, and taking leadership... he really fails hard, and this causes many different types of problems that persist. I am not the only person on my team who feels this way. Just wondering if any of you have had similar struggles?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: working with Indians

Post by Cornfed »

Aside from the obvious cultural problems, Indian people are only able to paint by the numbers. They can’t be creative and they can’t relate to people not marching to the same tune as them. In many contexts they will admit this.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Why do you think they want to get rid of white males, I was reading it was like 1 in 40 European males test with a IQ above 140 and the people who have seized control of the world with an accounting gimmick do not want this.

By the way India is still a British colony.....
Time to Hide!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

E. Indians have treated me well most of the time. It depends on the individual: I had great and not-so-great experiences thus I cannot judge them as a ethnic group.

We work well with one another in I.T. One thing is that you need to be high-level or else you will not jive with them well on the corporate floor. Sometimes, they don't like to teach an old dog tricks that he were hired to perform if you were to get my drift. I think it's an Asian thing that they frown upon charlatans. It happened to me that I was a charlatan in some positions that I wasn't a good fit for; sh.it happens. Not everybody is the master of all trades.

I'd love to tap (sexual pun intended too) into the E. Indian market of women, but it's conflating how they assess a man's SMV.

I will have to literally go to India and find my niche. Wish me luck guys.