Men's shave clubs?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TD-40
Freshman Poster

Men's shave clubs?

Post by TD-40 »

this latest Gillette ad has made me start looking to join one of those shave clubs. I decided on Dollar Shave Club. So far their stuff is really good and I'm happy to have found an alternative. I love the Gillette Mach3 razors--the best I've ever used--but these razors from DSC are comparable. Just wondering if any of you have joined either Dollar or Harry's?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Men's shave clubs?

Post by TruthSeeker »

Shave clubs are for suckers or those who have inflated egos with a sense of entitlement.

You can just buy what you need at your local pharmacy or supermarket.
Last edited by TruthSeeker on February 11th, 2019, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Although boycotting Gillette for their anti-men hate promotion probably won't do any good, it is our moral duty to do it anyway.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I don't care as long as the product works. For me I like Bic razors.
Société BIC S.A., commonly referred to simply as BIC and stylized as BiC, is a corporation based in Clichy, France, best known for making ballpoint pens. It was founded in 1945 by Baron Marcel Bich and has become known for making disposable consumer products such as lighters, razors, mechanical pencils, and printed paper products.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Cornfed wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 1:13 pm
Although boycotting Gillette for their anti-men hate promotion probably won't do any good, it is our moral duty to do it anyway.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds them.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

TruthSeeker wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 8:55 am
Shave clubs are for suckers or those who have inflated egos with a sense of entitlement.

You can just buy what you need at your local pharmacy or supermarket.
The term "Shave Club" sounds ridiculous. It'll no doubt attract the "alpha males" though.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

TD-40 wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 8:05 am
this latest Gillette ad has made me start looking to join one of those shave clubs. I decided on Dollar Shave Club. So far their stuff is really good and I'm happy to have found an alternative. I love the Gillette Mach3 razors--the best I've ever used--but these razors from DSC are comparable. Just wondering if any of you have joined either Dollar or Harry's?
I used to only buy Gillette. My parents bought BIC when I was a teen, but after trying Gillette, I decided Bic should have been called Nick because it nicked my face to pieces. Indonesian brands I tried were awful, too, worse than nick, so I stuck with Gillette. But I bought a CVS generic razor in a pinch once, and it seemed just as good as Gillette. Gillette prices went way up, and I tried other lesser-known brands and they worked fine, so I am no longer brand loyal to Gillete. It's not worth an extra $5 to me for the brand name if the other razors work just as well. it's just a razor. What more can they do-- put six blades on there instead of 5?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

MrMan wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 5:42 pm
I used to only buy Gillette. My parents bought BIC when I was a teen, but after trying Gillette, I decided Bic should have been called Nick because it nicked my face to pieces.
Bic razors have improved. I don't buy the cheapo ones because they will nick your face to pieces.

I get the Bic Flex 3 Hybrid

or Bic Flex 5

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

Gillette has become SJW converged and now produces highly disliked cringy promotions. But the SJW convergence at YouTube beats them all with the most disliked YouTube of all time, YouTube rewind 2018
משה בן יצחק