Trump says stock market will crash...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Trump says stock market will crash...

Post by redfeather »

President Trump says the stock market will crash if he is not reelected. I predict he will be reelected, and I predict that the stock market will still crash. No country can sustain the amount of debt that we now have in America. The Bond Market will go first, the Stock Market second, and Real Estate third...like dominoes.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-wa ... 46824.html
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

tom
Junior Poster

Re: Trump says stock market will crash...

Post by tom »

It would not be a surprise at all if there was a major market correction, it's been a long time since the last one. The real question is who is the best to negotiate the adjustment. Trumps has already started on this by realigning the US position. We may be in the calm before the storm. Canada's politics/trade is messed up by Trudeau's ineffective SJW ideology while Alberta is debating succession. China has the most over leveraged economy in history in both absolute and relative terms and its still growing. How that's going to unravel is anyone's guess. China's Xi is essentially a dictator and is clamping down hard to keep China from flying apart all while Robert Lighthizer is gunning to crash China's economy. It's no secret the EU is deeply flawed and dysfunctional. It's unraveling is also certain. In France the Yellow Vest protest are still going in spite of the brutal police response. France has often been the starting point of revolutionary change, I think the Yellow Vest protest are a sign. The UK has Brexit which guarantees a full on depression once implemented. The UK is in a bad position with little leverage. The UK has turned to Trump who has the upper hand in this much like Roosevelt had with Churchill.

The US is in a very good position, when this shit blows the US will quickly adjust with a recession, other parts of the world will be completely fuсked.

משה בן יצחק
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

He is right, but it is unpredictable as to the timing. We are near market highs and we are long overdue for a bear market, let alone a simple correction in each of the major market indexes.

The way to prepare for this is to start hoarding cash and precious metals. After the 20% drop, start dollar cost averaging back in for about a 3 year period. There is no way to time it perfectly and a 20% drop could drop to 25% or to 70%, but if you follow that strategy, you will do very well when the markets roar back.

Forget the Wall Street conventional wisdom of staying fully invested come hell or high water. They want you to stay fully invested so they can draw fees from you indefinitely. What they don't tell you is that those who stay fully invested might not ever be made whole again in their lifetime with the magnitude of the the bear market they are expecting.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

I speculate there will be a minor market adjustment in the next Trump term. Mainstream media will grossly overplay how bad it is and obsessively blame Trump. Prediction: mainstream media has needed a pivot away from the Russia hoax, a recession will be that pivot. In hindsight this recession will be considered insignificant compared to what's coming. The cataclysmic shift that will bankrupt nations may be several years after Trumps second term. As far a markets go it won't be that bad for the US as we are making the adjustments for it right now. The mainstream media is useless for the most part as they are repeatedly dead wrong. Primarily they generate then exploit fear and resentment of the moment.

The problem is the over the top power the US has. A thing that could make this worse is the succession of Alberta Canada. Imagine directly adding the wealth and productivity of Alberta and BC to the US. And then put an ideological nutcase like AOC in charge of all of that.
משה בן יצחק
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The media is trying their best to distract everyone with the Iranian drone strike last week.

The next market crash will be so bad you'll be lucky if you survive it, there will be millions of people that won't. There will be very little warning when it crashes.

Final Blow Off Top Just Hit, Next Week Comes The Fireworks
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... -fireworks

We Are At The Pinnacle Of A Historic Bubble. At Any Moment, The Wheels Will Come Off.
https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/we- ... -come-off/

On The Precipice
https://www.crescat.net/on-the-precipice/

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Right now, the Warren Buffett indicator stands at 136.2%. That’s high—very high, well beyond “terminal velocity.”

Warren Buffett Indicator Predicts Stock Market Crash in 2019
https://www.lombardiletter.com/warren-b ... ash/20559/
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

While I do preach caution (not being 100% fully invested in stocks), I say ignore the alarmism because NO ONE knows when the markets will tank. That being the case, responding to the alarmism will deprive you of fantastic gains.

Yes, keep some cash and precious metals reserves just in case, but don't be shy about getting a whole heap of skin in the game.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 11:23 am
While I do preach caution (not being 100% fully invested in stocks), I say ignore the alarmism because NO ONE knows when the markets will tank. That being the case, responding to the alarmism will deprive you of fantastic gains.

Yes, keep some cash and precious metals reserves just in case, but don't be shy about getting a whole heap of skin in the game.
That's why I get on Taco's case for his faux pas on alarmism.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 4:09 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 11:23 am

That's why I get on Taco's case for his faux pas on alarmism.
Don't get me wrong, there's tons of money to be made. The problem is you trying to collect it during a bank run. I suggest trading Crypto currency, it operates outside of the mainstream banking/financial system. You can still withdraw your money from a Crypto brokerage account at any time as long as you have an internet connection.

Binance
https://www.binance.com/en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binance
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

"Bases on the 2008 weekly chart below the US stock market could be literally 2-6 weeks away from collapsing. What makes this even scarier is that the market liquidity is the worst its been in my 23 years of trading meaning when the selling starts we will likely see some sort of flash crash as we saw in 2008, 2015, and 2018. Price drops so quickly by the time you figure out what you want to do and get your money properly positioned most of the move is already completed."

Financial Crisis Stocks Bear Market Is Scary Close
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article65353.html
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

redfeather wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 3:15 pm
President Trump says the stock market will crash if he is not reelected. I predict he will be reelected, and I predict that the stock market will still crash. No country can sustain the amount of debt that we now have in America. The Bond Market will go first, the Stock Market second, and Real Estate third...like dominoes.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-wa ... 46824.html
We've borrowed an incredibly high amount of play money for decades without the markets crashing. How can we know how long such a system will keep working before it falls apart? Can we rely on history? We'd be looking at less than 100 years, and there are other variables if we want to compare our economy to other economies that failed after printing play money or to our other past stock market crashes. Most of them weren't the military and economic top dog type country the US with the economic entanglements with other countries. I'm not saying it can't crash in a way we have never seen before. I'm just asking how you can predict when?
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

I recommend the Peak Prosperity podcast
By Chris Martenson. He doesn’t pull any
Punches when talking about the present
state of affairs. But he lacks the alarmism
you often find when discussing this topic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qiQuJSnw_WU
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Chris martenson is good, if you truly want to learn alot Wall Street for Mainstreet is probably as good as it gets right now. The entire system is nothing more than a counterfeiting con job and it's just a supply of numbers they manipulate.

That podcast you provided the link to sucks......
Time to Hide!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Volatility index set to explode before the end of August...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07- ... arish-bets