Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I am in Cambodia now!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Sorry, haven't been posting for a while. I am in Cambodia!

Post by Cornfed »

ladislav wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 12:57 pm
A faster way is to have a BA of any kind and get a CELTA certificate. Takes a month or two. Then you can start teaching ESL and working/traveling.
What is the pay like now?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I am in Cambodia now!

Post by Winston »

Dianne and i are in eastern Thailand now, which is near to the border of Cambodia to the east of here. We may go to Cambodia to visit you Ladislav. :)

However, Ankor Wat is closer to us so we may go there first, as that would make more sense, especially on a bus trip. From there we can go to Phnom Penh to see you. It seems like a nice city.

I researched it online and everyone said the food and accommodation is very cheap in Cambodia. So why did you say Phnom Penh is expensive? And how can 2k income not be enough to save money? I looked up hotel prices on Agoda.com and found many nice fancy upscale hotels there for 15 dollars and even less than that. You could stay in those hotels long term and easily afford it and should still have money left over. Right? So what is so expensive about it exactly?

Im glad its a safe country and very civilized. Didn't dictators and mass murderers like Pol Pot make Cambodia sound like a war zone?

I also saw images of bar girls there in Cambodia. They look very cute but petite. Anyone know what the p4p scene there is like?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 5:49 pm

From there we can go to Phnom Penh to see you. It seems like a nice city.
I recommend taking the riverboat to PP if that service still operates.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Welcome to Thailand Winston!

I'm back now. Sorry I missed you.

I will check HA regularly from now on.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Why is Ladislav in Cambodia? I thought he is more into the Philippines?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 7:54 pm
Why is Ladislav in Cambodia? I thought he is more into the Philippines?
He found a job there that he likes. In the Philippines they dont have any decent jobs for foreigners.

Also Cambodia is cheaper than the Philippines and you get better value on everything for your money. Unlike the Philippines people here actually care about providing good value for your money here, which is very refreshing. In contrast, the Philippines tries to get you pay high prices for mediocre or low quality and dont care and are shameless about it.

Thus the Philippines is a ripoff when it comes to price and value and cost of living, whereas in Cambodia you feel like you are getting a good value for what you pay for, and often a better value since transportation and accommodation are incredibly cheap. It feels like the 1960s here in terms of prices and wholesomeness of people.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne