Let's agree on the meaning of "incel"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Let's agree on the meaning of "incel"

Post by Zambales »

Neo wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 2:17 am
Lots of men are unable to pick up women.
Depends on the situation and whether they're being realistic or not. For example, it's very unlikely that a 5/10 guy will be able to pick up a 10/10 woman who genuinely likes him for who he is.

Approaching a female you don't know in the street for instance and getting success in that situation is quite hard in my opinion, whereas dating sites and friendly social settings gives the female an opportunity to get to know you better making it easier.
although those skills are especially easy for a large number of people
If that statement is true, it can't be normal to be incel like Cornfed otherwise suggested.
Women aren't easy to figure out for many men.
Women aren't easy to figure out for ALL men :lol:. That's because they're illogical at times, but that's another topic altogether. Furthermore, men and women can find it hard to figure THEMSELVES out. Contact Cornfed for more details.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 2:17 am
Lots of men are unable to pick up women. It's kinda like how many people are unable to swim or ride a bike, although those skills are especially easy for a large number of people. Women aren't easy to figure out for many men.
Try and understand the situation. In a slut society, the sluts will only want to have sex with a small percentage of men. Thus most men will be incel. The end. It has nothing to do with skills or figuring women out. If you waved a magic wand and made all men Don Juan, the population as a whole would be in the same situation.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Cornfed wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 6:58 pm
What we mean by involuntary is that you have to accept doing the action because in your mind and normal society a really bad and unanticipated thing will happen if you don’t or you just don’t see any alternative that you would consider, being raised in the society you were.
"Just don't see any alternative that you would consider"... is there any kind of celibate this can't be said for? Because if there isn't then all voluntary celibates get counted as involuntary celibates. That's confusing. Better to drop the word "incel" and simply call celibate people celibate.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 1:25 pm
Cornfed wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 6:58 pm
What we mean by involuntary is that you have to accept doing the action because in your mind and normal society a really bad and unanticipated thing will happen if you don’t or you just don’t see any alternative that you would consider, being raised in the society you were.
"Just don't see any alternative that you would consider"... is there any kind of celibate this can't be said for? Because if there isn't then all voluntary celibates get counted as involuntary celibates. That's confusing. Better to drop the word "incel" and simply call celibate people celibate.
Incels generally hope circumstances will change and they can get sex.

What is it about this topic that lends itself to dipshittery? Everyone seems to understand the difference between going on a diet and starving in a famine. No-one gets confused and thinks starving people must be on a diet because they haven't eaten their children and are therefore voluntarily choosing to ignore a perfectly good food source. It is just this topic that seems to turn people into slobbering retards.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Incel is a word only recently coming into general use. It's not dipshittery to be legit unsure how inclusive it is supposed to be.

Everyone understands that eating your children is a very extreme course of action and therefore to even be in a position where this is the only method of avoiding death you must already be starving.

It's probably fair to extend the same logic to rape as a means of obtaining sex.

But to prostitution? I am no fan of it myself, but I don't consider hiring a hooker an extreme course of action. Do you? I don't think a "really bad and unanticipated thing will happen" if you hire a hooker. So this is a legit option for obtaining sex, is it not?

Any fellow who has enough money to pay whatever the going price of hookers is has at their disposal a non-extreme option for losing their celibacy, and that's almost everybody. Which would mean that involuntary celibacy, taken literally, is extremely rare. Coming to that conclusion doesn't make one a slobbering retard. It's the obvious conclusion to come to.

But you are telling us not to take it literally. OK. Perfectly fine. Understood. I won't take "incel" literally, at least not when discussing with you.

But that doesn't mean I understand the word yet.

Just how inclusive is incel supposed to be?
Where does involuntary end and voluntary begin? That's a serious question.

Would a rich, successful, good-looking man who has one-itis for a woman he cannot have because she is already married count as an incel? Like a kind of Great Gatsby who is even less lucky in love than Gatsby was. Such a man does not see any alternative that he would consider but he hopes that circumstances will change and he can some day get sex with her. Is he not incel according to our new interpretation of the word?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:14 pm
Incel is a word only recently coming into general use. It's not dipshittery to be legit unsure how inclusive it is supposed to be.

Everyone understands that eating your children is a very extreme course of action and therefore to even be in a position where this is the only method of avoiding death you must already be starving.

It's probably fair to extend the same logic to rape as a means of obtaining sex.

But to prostitution? I am no fan of it myself, but I don't consider hiring a hooker an extreme course of action. Do you? I don't think a "really bad and unanticipated thing will happen" if you hire a hooker. So this is a legit option for obtaining sex, is it not?

Any fellow who has enough money to pay whatever the going price of hookers is has at their disposal a non-extreme option for losing their celibacy, and that's almost everybody. Which would mean that involuntary celibacy, taken literally, is extremely rare. Coming to that conclusion doesn't make one a slobbering retard. It's the obvious conclusion to come to.

But you are telling us not to take it literally. OK. Perfectly fine. Understood. I won't take "incel" literally, at least not when discussing with you.

But that doesn't mean I understand the word yet.

Just how inclusive is incel supposed to be?
Where does involuntary end and voluntary begin? That's a serious question.

Would a rich, successful, good-looking man who has one-itis for a woman he cannot have because she is already married count as an incel? Like a kind of Great Gatsby who is even less lucky in love than Gatsby was. Such a man does not see any alternative that he would consider but he hopes that circumstances will change and he can some day get sex with her. Is he not incel according to our new interpretation of the word?
Once again, it is similar to when we would say someone is starving, which I guess we would define as the inability to get the normally accepted quantity and quality of food by normally accepted methods over a period of time. The precise definition is complex if you want to philosophise about it, but you could say that about anything. We would not, for example, say someone must not be starving if he were able to obtain a morsel of rotting food during the period of starvation or considered it imprudent to spend his last dime on a morsel of food.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I understand what is meant by the normally accepted quantity and quality of food by normally accepted methods. I do not understand what is meant by the normally accepted quantity and quality of sex by normally accepted methods. Food is needed for survival. Sex is not.