Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why can't Americans believe other countries are better?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ladislav » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Grunt wrote:Ladislav, you got into America on a refugee visa? I have been considering that to get into Canada but my wife says that once you apply for refugee anywhere you are never allowed into any other nation due to fear of claiming refugee again.


Hmm. I got in in 1978 and it was as easy as 1,2,3 for USSR refugees as well as other such countries in those times. Not anymore. I chose the US over NZ, Canada, Oz and S Africa. In retrospect it was the right decision and my only gripe has been women and just a very dysfunctional social life and how people treat each other as friends and dates. That and lack of national health care and how easy it is to fire people. Everything else was OK. I have had no problems.

I have never heard of the "once a refugee, no one will let you in again". I would ask that question on answers.yahoo.com. I got lots of really insightful answers there.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3595
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm







Postby mobstersreport » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Miss Teen USA South Carolina 2007 with Subtitles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII

You figure it out. :roll:

But I do agree with this post after seeing that video clip. Because we think we know everything and we don't know shit. Myself included.
mobstersreport
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:10 am

Postby ladislav » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:57 pm

A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3595
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Jackal » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:17 pm

ladislav wrote:All they need to know is being taught by the lion.

I'll dispense with the animal metaphors this time.

America's strength basically comes from its military and its businesses. America's big weak point is in math and science education. There aren't enough Americans getting Ph.D.s in math, science, and engineering, so we have to hire many scientists from abroad. This can lead to security risks. Like the Chinese scientists who were hired to work in government labs in America and who turned out to be spies. Since 911, the tighter controls on student visas and other frustrations international students face here have meant that most of them go back to their home countries once they get their degrees from the US, so only their home countries benefit from their knowledge. Furthermore, Bush's restrictions on stem cell research has meant that many researchers have gone abroad to do cutting edge medical research.

Also, more and more foreign companies are buying American companies. We owe a huge portion of our national debt to the Chinese. Americans are slowly coming under the control of foreign masters all the time. Will they still believe that their country is the greatest when foreigners own most of it?
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Postby Grunt » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:15 pm

ladislav wrote:
Grunt wrote:Ladislav, you got into America on a refugee visa? I have been considering that to get into Canada but my wife says that once you apply for refugee anywhere you are never allowed into any other nation due to fear of claiming refugee again.


Hmm. I got in in 1978 and it was as easy as 1,2,3 for USSR refugees as well as other such countries in those times. Not anymore. I chose the US over NZ, Canada, Oz and S Africa. In retrospect it was the right decision and my only gripe has been women and just a very dysfunctional social life and how people treat each other as friends and dates. That and lack of national health care and how easy it is to fire people. Everything else was OK. I have had no problems.

I have never heard of the "once a refugee, no one will let you in again". I would ask that question on answers.yahoo.com. I got lots of really insightful answers there.


Thanks for the reply, Ladislav. If Obama invades Pakistan I will strongly consider refugee status in Canada.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby ladislav » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Jackal wrote:
ladislav wrote:All they need to know is being taught by the lion.

I'll dispense with the animal metaphors this time.

America's strength basically comes from its military and its businesses. America's big weak point is in math and science education. There aren't enough Americans getting Ph.D.s in math, science, and engineering, so we have to hire many scientists from abroad. This can lead to security risks. Like the Chinese scientists who were hired to work in government labs in America and who turned out to be spies. Since 911, the tighter controls on student visas and other frustrations international students face here have meant that most of them go back to their home countries once they get their degrees from the US, so only their home countries benefit from their knowledge. Furthermore, Bush's restrictions on stem cell research has meant that many researchers have gone abroad to do cutting edge medical research.


Why not promote math and science the way they have been promoting the Military?

Also, more and more foreign companies are buying American companies. We owe a huge portion of our national debt to the Chinese. Americans are slowly coming under the control of foreign masters all the time. Will they still believe that their country is the greatest when foreigners own most of it?

Well, the reason it is a bit harder to notice or oppose foreign involvement in America is that it is such a land of immigrants and such a a melting pot. Brits have been investing for centuries and no one has been complaining. Because another John Smith has been hardly noticeable in the US. Once he became a citizen, he was an American like anyone else. At least, on paper. Also, foreign corporations have to come under state and federal regulations if in the US. They cannot run businesses as they would in China or anywhere else. And once these rich people stay in the country a certain time and decide to become citizens, one cannot say that it is foreigners that own the US. But again, they may not choose to become citizens...

It is another story if they control America from afar. This will influence US foreign policy in a big way- such as not recognizing Taiwan or Tibet. Things like that. But again one needs not discount that while the Chinese invest in America, Americans also invest in China. So, it goes both ways. Maybe it is not that America will fall under the jackboot of a foreign master, but rather, we will all become intertwined and national identities will not mean that much.

As far as those 'patriots' are concerned, well, they may still say- Hey, this is the greatest country in the world because everyone wants to invest in here.

A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3595
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby momopi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 pm

ladislav wrote:Why not promote math and science the way they have been promoting the Military?


To quote another author:

"If you leave people alone, someday someone will create the conveniences of civilization,
such as cars, washing machines, and computers. But in the history of mankind, the relationship
between the rulers and the ruled is only determined by war. It is impossible for those who are
powerful to grant concessions on their own. Those who do not fight must resign themselves to
being ruled by others."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4720
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 pm

gordan wrote:Because this is the fakest country in the world. Patriotism is a false idea and is for idiots. It is used primarily for 18-year-old military recruits to control their minds while they go through boot camp. Any grown adult who believes in patriotism is a fool.


W: Agreed. And it's especially sad to see soldiers in combat willing to die for patriotism and leave behind his loved ones in grief and pain, all for nothing but a blind idea that accomplishes nothing.

As General Patton said, "You don't win a war by dying for your country. You do it by making the other poor bastard die for his country."

Gordan, why do you have a Nazi symbol in your avatar? Surely you don't condone Nazism do you?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24284
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Why can't Americans believe other countries are better?

Postby E_Irizarry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 am

ladislav wrote:...... but who is coming to the US from Europe now?

So there you go.


Slightly off-topic, but Japanese women don't frequently relocate to the U.S. anymore.

Only a pocket of them in Calif. as well as NYC, but that's about it.

If they are going to check out anywhere outside of Japan that is also part of the Western world, they'd
rather relocate to Canada.

Everytime I met a Japanese chick, she would always end up leaving after 6 months or after she graduates,
why is it that they never stay in America? I'm still confused by that. And quite sad because
they are some of the most feminine (not feminist) women on the planet today.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby E_Irizarry » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:36 am

Jackal wrote:
ladislav wrote:All they need to know is being taught by the lion.

I'll dispense with the animal metaphors this time.

America's strength basically comes from its military and its businesses. America's big weak point is in math and science education. There aren't enough Americans getting Ph.D.s in math, science, and engineering, so we have to hire many scientists from abroad. This can lead to security risks. Like the Chinese scientists who were hired to work in government labs in America and who turned out to be spies. Since 911, the tighter controls on student visas and other frustrations international students face here have meant that most of them go back to their home countries once they get their degrees from the US, so only their home countries benefit from their knowledge. Furthermore, Bush's restrictions on stem cell research has meant that many researchers have gone abroad to do cutting edge medical research.

Also, more and more foreign companies are buying American companies. We owe a huge portion of our national debt to the Chinese. Americans are slowly coming under the control of foreign masters all the time. Will they still believe that their country is the greatest when foreigners own most of it?


Those are excellent, strong points that you have made. Good work. :arrow: :D
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests