'BIG LOVE' IN REAL LIFE -- Best Country for Open Polygamy?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rebel_man_UK
Freshman Poster

Post by Rebel_man_UK »

Nope its the Scottish flag :-)

Just found this article of the benefits of polygamy or "big love" from the New Scientist no less!

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14564

We are men for a REASON! :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rebel_man_UK wrote:
Just found this article of the benefits of polygamy or "big love" from the New Scientist no less!

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14564

We are men for a REASON! :D
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the bottom line:

"But the care and attention of several wives who depend on the social status of their ageing husband could explain everything. 'It doesn't surprise me that men in those societies live longer than men in monogamous societies, where they become widowed and have nobody to care for them.' "
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rebel_man_UK wrote:Nope its the Scottish flag :-)

"Oh, you're Scottish?! Why didn't you say so?..."

-Idi Amin, as shown in "The Last King of Scotland"

OK I have GOT to have that flag! My Mom is roughly half-Scottish, loyal Scot through and through, and she lives in GEORGIA!

I have got to have that and send it to her or use it for a card or something.

Help me out - please PM me or post a link to it!
FREEDOM1
Freshman Poster

Post by FREEDOM1 »

Why the f**k would you want more than one wife?

why do you even want a wife in this day and age

its just a liability, sometimes its better to rent :P
fuzzy_corleone
Freshman Poster

Post by fuzzy_corleone »

Jester wrote:
fuzzy_corleone wrote:I found this topic via google search.
Always my favorite topic.

Do you think you can pull it off here or need to go abroad?
The only way you can pull it off in the U.S.A. is if you import the girls from another country/culture. Most American women won't get involved in a polyamorist/polygamist relationship (unless you're rich and famous like Chris Brown, Charlie Sheen, Hugh Hefner, etc.). But even then you're just dealing with gold diggers who will eventually exploit the justice system to royally screw you over.

Someone mentioned France but I honestly don't see the appeal of that country (besides the language) as you have to pay high taxes there. Personally I'm interested in a country with low (or no) income tax, low crime, world class education system, and world class healthcare. Switzerland seems to fit those criterias but I'm not too sure.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 'BIG LOVE' IN REAL LIFE -- Best Country for Open Polygam

Post by Jester »

FOUR f***ing YEARS since I started this thread.

:shock:

Some progress toward moving abroad since then.

But still dithering about the Mexico vs Paraguay vs Philippines thing.

Kinda embarrassing!

:oops:
Jester wrote:Ok, I've been on this site for hours, fascinated. My first night. Now I'm going to ask the question that's really on my mind.

Here's the problem: I've had multiple simultaneous girlfriends, but their friends screw it up. Two girls might sleep with you (on different nights), but they don't take the relationship seriously. And even if they are both serious, then if they have mutual acquaintances, the acquaintances start gossiping until they provoke a girlfight or a breakup. Because women are so thin-skinned, they need to be accepted socially, and the gossip really gets to them.

So the question is, when I relocate, where can I most easily maintain multiple wives (calling them girlfriends, fiancees, novias, wives, casa chicas, minor wives, whatever) where I am NOT obligated, socially speaking, to hide their existence from each other? And where I can have children with each of them? I'm not looking for one primary relationship with a little dabbling on the side. I want quality relationships that last. I don't need to flaunt it, but I don't want to have to hide it either.

For the sake of this discussion, let's rule out the Moslem countries and Africa. Those areas would be a separate discussion sometime.

Obviously it would be easier if it was a culture where female bisexuality was not totally taboo, since the girls might make friends. (Thailand?)

Or where non-Moslem polygamy is legal . (Myanmar?)

Or where the Cardinal has joked publicly about polygamy versus "monotony" (Philippines).

On one hand, as a tall, American-born, Southern-raised totally-white-looking, half-Armenian Catholic with old-fashioned values, I might fit into Latin American culture more easily than Asian culture.

But on the other hand, I'm wondering if what I want to do might be more accepted in Southeast Asia than in Latin America.
Thoughts anyone?
Suggestions?

-Jester
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Thanks, EuroBrat.

There were reasons for SOME of the delay, surgery, death in family, no money, etc.

And yes I have made some progress in narrowing down where I will be happy.

When I do go abroad, I do hope to STAY abroad. In my POV, making a living, legal residency, and a second passport are all necessities.

Thanks for the encouragement, these weekends are tough sometimes. It would be easy to find company if I weren't focused on leaving.

Congrats to you for continuing, maintaining direction, staying on course.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Has anyone had a stable polygynous relationship? Do you think it would be difficult finding two or more young women that would accept such a relationship? Many young women seem to be more open to those sort of relationships than young women in past generations.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Tsar wrote:Has anyone had a stable polygynous relationship? Do you think it would be difficult finding two or more young women that would accept such a relationship?
GREAT question.

And if so, WHERE did you have it... in what country, and with what nationality/background girls.
Tsar wrote:Many young women seem to be more open to those sort of relationships than young women in past generations.
Definitely.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
You want to go to a place where you feel welcome.
Interesting principle there, EB.

Care to say more on this topic?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
You want to go to a place where you feel welcome.
Interesting principle there, EB.

Care to say more on this topic?
Well obviously I would never feel welcome in a place like Africa. I'm not black culturally or physically. I also hated the midwest, I felt I never was able to fit in Kansas City. I didn't like watching sports or nascar, I hate cheap beer and BBQ is ok but it's not something to eat all the time etc.

I know I could never fit in with Russia or places like Norway, Sweden, Finland.

I know who I am and what I like, while I don't discourage trying new things just know what you're getting into first. I'm ethnically Mediterranean so I seem to fit into countries in that region.

Have you thought of Spain?

1) Residence as a Means to Spanish Citizenship

You have been a legal resident of Spain for at least 10 years.
You are a citizen of a Latin American country, Andorra, Portugal, the Philippines, or Equatorial Guinea, or you are of Sephardic descent, and you have been a legal resident of Spain for at least two years.
You have obtained refugee status in Spain and have been a legal resident for at least five years.

You fulfill one or more of the following conditions: you were born in Spanish territory, you have been married to a Spanish citizen for at least one year, you were born abroad to Spanish parents and/or grandparents, you did not previously exercise your right to Spanish nationality when given the option, you are a widow or widower of a Spanish citizen provided that you were not separated upon your spouse’s death, or you were a ward of the Spanish state for at least two consecutive years. In addition, you have been a legal resident of Spain for at least one year.
Spain is a great idea. Food, climate, culture, people...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »