The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon

Post by Master »

Whats up guys. Heres another film that i wanted to ask what you guys think. The mummy 3 Tomb of the dragon emperor. The movie sucks but it does have some history on The first emperor. What if a ruler like that still existed today? Was a person like that really as bad as they make it seem? What do you guys think about oppression and freedom. Let me know how you differ and how the ideas are good or flawed. thanks a lot.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah that movie had potential, but ended up sucking and being cheesy and predictable as hell. If you want a more indepth portrait of that emperor, see the Jet Li movie "Hero".

No one thinks that they are a bad guy, not even Hitler or Stalin did. Everyone justifies what they do in their own mind somehow. That king killed a lot of people, but he believed he was trying to bring unification and peace to China. To him, that was his justification.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Dragon Emperor

Post by Master »

To me hero had no potential. it was pretty lame and boring. i hated that film.

im not saying jet li in the mummy was a bad guy. I just wanted to debate if hes actions were great or just another way of narasitic selfishness. did he actually try to help people or did he just care about himself?

im not sure i do like the first emperor he did a lot of bad stupid shit and in the real end the stupidity caught up with him. its sad cause he couldve been so great and conquered the world instead he is just another too much power too stupid downfall story. when i talk about the movie i dont really talk about the real person since its just a sterotypical portrayal and not a real life life portrayal of the king. the real king wasnt even close to the character. i think they just added that to hype up the movie and add a stupid idea of realism when it fact it had none.

i mostly wanted to debate the character and what wouldve happen if that had really happened.

of course Wu's input is important because he is asian after all.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Didn't you know? That Emperor, the same one who built the Great Wall, I forget his name, did conquer the Chinese world, which was his objective. Of course he couldn't conquer the entire world. No one could. But his aim was to unite China under his reign. And he was successful in doing that. That's what history records.

As for his character, you'll have to ask Chinese people or look that up.

Momopi could probably say a lot about this, but he's in Taiwan now (where I am) with limited internet access. That's why he hasn't posted lately.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Master
Junior Poster

Post by Master »

Yea thats who i was talking about when i said he was just another stupid downfall story. hes name is Qin Shi Huang. i know a lot about him. he did want like all to conquer the world. i think the world could be conquered it just hasnt happen for whatever reason.