Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

This webpage blocked by Internet Explorer 8?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

This webpage blocked by Internet Explorer 8?

Postby Grunt » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:31 am

Im running Windows 7 Beta with Internet Explorer 8 Beta. Logging into this site brings up the Microsoft warning that this site has been verified to be a threat, and will attempt to gather personal information. Must be a new phishing feature or something, but seeing the incredible number of cookies I pick up every time I come here (less and less lately) I cant say its a suprise.

I understand winston is is rabidly trying to extract every penny from happeriabroad, and privacy takes a back seat to money, but at this rate the site will be dead and gone by the end of 2009. Basic respect for readers would go a long way to increasing traffic, but popups and dodgy spyware isnt winning any friends.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi Grunt,
Well I've already removed the pop up ads and the full page ads, so those don't interfere with your viewing experience her anymore. Haven't you noticed?

All that's left are adbrite ads and bidvertiser ads. There is also a widgetbucks ad at the bottom too. How about I try removing that first, and you see if your spyware is still detecting anything? We can try using the process of elimination to isolate the problem.

It's possible that adbrite might have spyware, but it's rare. The company is unable to track every advertiser. Can you see if your spyware program can isolate which ad or part of the webpage is sending you threats?

Alright, it's done. I just removed the widgetbucks ads at the bottom. Does your program still give you warnings? Remember that warnings and actually detecting spyware and trojans are not the same thing.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Grunt » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:08 am

Im experimenting with the Intrnet Explorer 8 beta "InPrivate" browsing feature. I did run a spyware scan on this WIndows 7 machine and only came up with one item. I think IE8 has some funky new built in security features.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 am

Why do you even bother with IE, Grunt? Firefox is better and faster, and everyone polled says they prefer Firefox. No one prefers IE. Try out the new google chrome browser if you want to experiment with something new.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions