Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Dude – Please do something about the Advertising

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Dude – Please do something about the Advertising

Postby James G » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:59 pm

Seriously man, I understand that you have to make some paper from your site but the popups and ads on every single inch of your site is killing me man, I keep accidentally clicking your ads and getting popups or getting bumped to another site

From an internet marketing standpoint too many ads are counterproductive because people ether leave cuz they get annoyed or they don’t pay attention to the ads.

You should concentrate on selling your book and a few other affiliate products and that’s all if you want to make some money
NOMAD MARKETING 101
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time
James G
Freshman Poster

Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Postby Mr S » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:10 pm

I second that notion as I use a Mac and it blocks all your ad shit, but it totally slows down my browser. I can't imagine what it's doing to PC users! :? :x
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby Grunt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:33 am

If the pop-ups and adverts were designed to chase people off this site, its working very well. I can barely stand coming here any more. Winston is utterly immune to any input whatsoever, so I guess my once-a-month visits here will be reduced to once-a-quarter, then once-a-year.

Looks like Im not alone.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:48 pm

The pop ups have already been removed. Does this forum load normally on your computer now?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Mr S » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Yeah, seems to be working normally now.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions