Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Marriage is a *FRAUDULENT* contract

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Marriage is a *FRAUDULENT* contract

Postby EvilBaga » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:53 pm

I read this article months ago, and its well worth reading.

It explains why marriage itself has been a fraudulent contract in the west for over 150 years now.

http://no-maam.blogspot.com/2008/02/que ... right.html
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Marriage

Postby Kris » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:28 am

Hmm - certainly food for thought.

Being single I've always enjoyed being able to go where I want when I want, sleep in for as long as I want and do what I want to do etc

In England a Pre-nup isn't legal but in Scotland it is where they have different laws.
Treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself
Kris
Freshman Poster

Postby EvilBaga » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 am

Judges can throw prenups out the window if they have a mental orgasm when looking at your poor forlorn ex-wife (a part that she will learn to play well), right? Thats a general rule of thumb thought it might very well differ from state to state.

One thing I wonder about, If you get married in, say Scotland, where a prenup is legal, and go to England as an expat or as a tourist, and your scheming other decides to divorce you there, how much power does that have over you? And Vice Versa. :shock:
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Pre-nup

Postby Kris » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 pm

If you get married in, say Scotland, where a prenup is legal, and go to England as an expat or as a tourist, and your scheming other decides to divorce you there, how much power does that have over you? And Vice Versa.

expat or as a tourist :lol:

Sorry - just sounds funny said like that. As England and Scotland are part of the United Kingdom (implying one country, which it isn't), we don't consider each other expats or tourists in each other's countries - no borders of course between England Wales and Scotland - just a line on a map. You probably have a bigger demarcation between your states.

No sure how that would work out legally - I presume that if you took out the pre-nup in Scotland you would have to have your divorce there for it to be legal

Funny thing - they call the courts up there Sherriffs courts. Not like a Wild West Sheriff though more like a judge. Wonder why we lost the term Sheriff in England because we used to have the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin Hood.

Simplified Divorce
An application can be made to your local Sheriff Court for a simple divorce on the last two grounds only on the basis that there are no money issues between the parties and no children under the age of sixteen.

The cost of such a divorce (court fee) is £90 and there is generally no requirement for a solicitor to become involved except to notarise the form.

If you are on Income support the Court or your Solicitor will provide a form which will exempt you from the £90 fee.

There is no need to attend a Court hearing and a divorce can usually be completed in seven or eight weeks.
Treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself
Kris
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions