Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Zeitgeist - The GREATEST films I've ever seen! Mind blowing!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Zeitgeist - The GREATEST films I've ever seen! Mind blowing!

Postby Winston » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:48 pm

If you haven't seen it yet, the Zeitgeist Movie is one of the best documentaries ever, and a MUST SEE! It's the most TRANSFORMATIVE film I've ever seen, the kind that awakens one from deep illusions, enlightens and inspires.

The first part of the film talks about the origin of Christianity and how it's been used to brainwash and control the masses. The second part summarized the 9/11 truth movement, pointing out many reasons to reject the official story and that we were lied to about the whole thing. The third part describes the Federal Reserve and how the central bank enslaves us, puts everyone in perpetual debt including the government, and funds world wars and dictators.

Zeitgeist the Movie

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7743189197

Part 2: Addendum (solutions for the future)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7695921912
Last edited by Winston on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 am

If you're not convinced enough yet to see Zeitgeist, then check out these raving reviews of it on IMDB.com.

Raving reviews of Zeitgeist the Movie on IMDB.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1166827/usercomments

Raving reviews of Zeitgeist Addendum on IMDB.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1332128/usercomments

Feel free to post your reviews there as well, or participate in the forum discussion there too.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:25 am

Zeitgeist and it's sequel are the GREATEST documentaries I've ever seen. The films are masterpieces and works of art. They are very engaging with great music and visuals, and explain very clearly why our monetary system will always leads to great suffering for the majority of people in the world, and gives wonderful solutions at the end that are way ahead of our time. It's the kind of film that will make you rethink EVERYTHING in the world! An absolute MUST SEE. If you love ideas, you will love the second film. It is very mind expanding and also expands your consciousness about the world as well. It's better than words can describe, if you follow every point and argument in the films. It's full of rich ideas that make sense and plenty of valid arguments. If you want to see what may become mainstream thought 100 or 200 years from now, you gotta view these films. They are easy to understand yet very very intellectual and deep as well.

Check out the raving user comments for Zeitgeist Addendum on IMDB, and you'll see why the film is one of the greatest documentaries ever made:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1332128/usercomments

Here are the links to watch both films on Google Video. Once you start, you'll be hooked until you finish watching them

Zeitgeist the Movie
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7743189197

Zeitgeist Addendum
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7695921912

Look what YouTubers say about Zeitgeist Addendum after watching it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQReUuFWDU4

it's most valuable and interesting documentary i've ever seen.

that was the best 2 hours of my time ive spent in A LONG TIME! that was amazing, i cant describe it! wow... I think its a tragety that people are so brainwasher to still belive all the crap they sucked in when they were a baby, it really is sad.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:29 pm

I don't know Winston. I saw these films when you posted them a long time ago. I watched the first one twice. I'm not seeing why they are so special. I will admit that a lot of what was in them was not new to me, as I am somewhat into this kind of stuff and have come across this information in other forms previously, but still the films, though very well done, and even though they combined many of these ideas together into a effective whole, are not truly groundbreaking, and in some ways are biased.

Our money system, for example, certainly has many problems, but it is still based on the basic concept of trade which is good. It began as simple barter systems in ancient Babylon or Mesopotamia, yet people still became incredibly wealthy there. In fact I would go as far as to say the principals of wealth, discovered by those who became great in that time, are the same today as now. There's a reason why 1% of the population owns a large percentage of all the wealth. Blaming the system is not going to change that, however broken the system is. I would go as far as to say those people will in some way gain a great advantage and control a large proportion of wealth under any system.

Anyway, the monetary system went through changes, in agricultural times when something like salt or corn might have been used as a means of payment. Later it became precious metals and stones then gold and silver coins. Eventually paper money that was backed 1:1 by the precious metals. Finally we know today it is all paper money that means nothing except what we say it means. Still it facilitates trade and that is what is important.

I believe people who contribute to the world like Thomas Edison, George Lucas, Henry Ford or Steve Jobs are fully deserving of hundred of millions or billions they have earned. People who get that rich do not do so by taking. They get there by giving. The best way to get rich is to help others get rich. For example, George Lucas doesn't make anywhere near as much money from his Star Wars movies as he makes from licensing to people who want to use his characters and name in toys, video games, commercials, food products and clothing. People are able to get what they want through every possible pathway and many people get rich, hundreds of jobs are created and no one loses.

No matter how poor and underprivileged someone is, you will likely find someone who came from that same environment and circumstance who made good and built a great life.

Don't get me wrong. I am not speaking in defense of corporations who take land and natural resources from natives and Indians and make them poor (where now they have to "pay" for land, water and sheep they used freely for thousands of years). What I'm saying is that the problem is the mentality behind the people and companies that do that stuff. There's nothing wrong with money, wealth and being greatly reward for great ideas or great service.

There's nothing wrong with work. The problem is people being stuck in work they don't like. I don't want to dig ditches and cut wood, but I can guarantee you there are people who love doing that so much they would do it all day for free. I read about a guy who did like to do that stuff so much he took jobs digging, cutting and building that no one wanted. Eventually he started getting paid. You know what he did with his money? He bought land no one wanted, and dug, cut and built stuff on it. Eventually he got very rich, because as he put up more buildings on this unwanted land the values kept rising. Now he's old and mostly manages a huge company he created and he regrets that he can't get out there and dig, cut and build like he could when he was younger. That's what he really wants to do. Do you think he would quit even if a hundred robots could do all those jobs for him?
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 pm

I watched the second film again, and now I'm watching the Larry King interview with Jacque Fresco. I have to say I really like this guy and his ideas, and I am amazed, since the Larry King interview is almost 40 years ago, that his ideas were that progressive back then!

He talks about not having TV's, record players, or any technological junk that needs maintenance in your house. You simply have access to the music or programs you want via a central computer. That was in 1974, before the internet was fast enough to transfer anything more than a bit of plain text. Now this is actually happening! Today you can get any music, movie or TV show you want on the internet, anytime you think about it. In places like Korea, where the net is super fast, you get this stuff almost instantly.

Of course our monetary system tries to stop this proliferation. The record companies battled internet distribution of music for ages but they lost. Now movies are feeling the sting. Anyone can get anything for free. I don't know what this means for me as an an animator who would like to make money from my creations, but I do believe that this stuff should all be free for everyone. Some indie bands have really capitalized on this though. They intentionally put out all their music free, and make money on things that can't be pirated, like seeing them perform live, or getting T-shirts or other clothing items featuring their names and images. Home Star Runner, the cartoon site does this as well. Every cartoon they make is free. Yet they get 300-400 orders per day for their little toys, clothes and other physical items based on their cartoons.

I think Jacque Fresco is on to something. He was onto it back then. If he seems ahead of his time today, imagine what he must have sounded like back in 1974! My only concern is that he is almost 100 years old. Will his ideas continue after he is gone? My guess is he has found his life purpose and is so energetic about it that he has lived so long. He looks better than most 60 year olds. Still, he won't be around forever, and I have never seen or heard of anyone who has such an understanding of this stuff as he does.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby miles_ahead » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm

I saw all movies and all of that stuff wouldn't matter if there were plenty of AVAILABLE women to go around in the US. But we dont even get that. Catch my drift Watson.
miles_ahead
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Terrence,
What is so special? You didn't find Zeitgeist Addendum thought provoking? Did you see all of it with headphones? You gotta watch it a few times for it to all soak in, cause there's a lot of details in it. I don't recommend something unless it's really good.

It's one of the greatest films ever. Way ahead of its time. You are looking at the mentality of a possible holistic future of mankind. The ideas may not be practical right now and too idealistic. But they make sense, a lot of sense.

As for money, yeah some people benefit from money. But most of the world, around 80 percent, are living in poverty and oppression. The gap between rich and poor constantly grows. Under the monetary system, this will never change. Most of the world will always suffer and be oppressed. It's guaranteed. There can never be real ethics either. There will always be wars, division, immorality, crime, etc. Those are all guaranteed results of the monetary system. The film explains it very well and eloquently.

If you can think of a system where you have money, yet are able to eliminate crime, corruption, greed, injustice and oppression at the same time, then you will have the perfect solution. But that simply isn't possible. That is the point of the film. Corruption isn't an offshoot of the monetary system, it's the very nature of it, as it said.

So Terrence, what did you think of the part about the Federal Reserve and all the conspiracies?

Is it true that the Fed is private, unaccountable, and is a scam, printing money out of nothing? How can they get away with that?

Yeah Jacques Fresco is a genius, a rare one. I saw that interview with Larry King in 1974 too. His assistant Roxanne is part of the Venus Project too.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Bombard the fat capitalist pig HQ!

Then raise the pigs of the commune to be fat and big!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Rock » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:17 am

Winston wrote:As for money, yeah some people benefit from money. But most of the world, around 80 percent, are living in poverty and oppression. The gap between rich and poor constantly grows. Under the monetary system, this will never change. Most of the world will always suffer and be oppressed. It's guaranteed. There can never be real ethics either. There will always be wars, division, immorality, crime, etc. Those are all guaranteed results of the monetary system. The film explains it very well and eloquently.

If you can think of a system where you have money, yet are able to eliminate crime, corruption, greed, injustice and oppression at the same time, then you will have the perfect solution. But that simply isn't possible. That is the point of the film. Corruption isn't an offshoot of the monetary system, it's the very nature of it, as it said.

So Terrence, what did you think of the part about the Federal Reserve and all the conspiracies?

Poverty, oppression, greed, and the wealth/power gap are not a result of the Federal Reserve or modern monetary systems. They go with human nature. People tend to be self-interested. Those with means generally take advantage of those without. If you took away money, those with the highest ability would quickly find ways to dominate the rest, just like dogs or other pack animals. Study recorded human history - Egypt, China, Rome, the Middle East, etc. I don't like the Federal Reserve system either. But we still need a monetary system, just maybe one that's not based on privately contolled fiat money
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Winston wrote:Hi Terrence,
...what did you think of the part about the Federal Reserve and all the conspiracies?

That's the part I was saying was not new to me. I don't remember where I found or read it, but I remember studying about that stuff in depth some years ago.

Winston wrote:Is it true that the Fed is private, unaccountable, and is a scam, printing money out of nothing? How can they get away with that?

Unfortunately it is true. I have even read that the Fed is not totally American owned but has foreign interests. There is other questionable actions by the president who let this system in. Remember even in the film they showed how a previous president said "No way" when the Fed was first introduced. Also if you read some of the writings of presidents at the time, they seemed to view it as the downfall of this nation. They could see where it was all going back then. They knew it was bad.

Winston wrote:Yeah Jacques Fresco is a genius, a rare one. I saw that interview with Larry King in 1974 too. His assistant Roxanne is part of the Venus Project too.

Yeah I hope she knows how to keep it all going. Fresco is simply too cool a mind to let fade into obscurity. His ideas are revolutionary.

I don't agree with those who claim human nature is corrupt that that people will have crime, war and division under any system. I think that is an overly negative outlook. My friends were in the Cooke Islands, which could be considered an island of abundance. The people there would be "poor" by western standards, but they live in an Island paradise and have everything they could want, at least in the area they saw. The people can go to any waterhole and find an abundance of fresh water fish, crab and other goodies. Every kid knows how to catch fish in the sea. The trees are full of fresh fruit, so much that no one even picks it unless they are going to eat it at that moment. They lack for nothing.

The foreigners claimed to have trouble staffing their hotels and resorts with locals because they simply don't need to work. Some may work for a short time, in order to buy some luxury item, and then they quit and go home. My friend said he was standing on a hill with some locals, looking out at one of the great and lavish resorts, and the local said, "I don't get it. This is what makes you guys happy?"
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 am

momopi wrote:Image

Bombard the fat capitalist pig HQ!

Then raise the pigs of the commune to be fat and big!

Complete straw man and misconception. The folks at the Zeitgeist forum are sick and tired of being compared with communism and have probably lost their tolerance for that by now. It's been addressed over and over again that the Venus Project is nothing like communism, yet people persist in their prejudices. I dare you to go to their forum and bring up that outdated argument to them.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:As for money, yeah some people benefit from money. But most of the world, around 80 percent, are living in poverty and oppression. The gap between rich and poor constantly grows. Under the monetary system, this will never change. Most of the world will always suffer and be oppressed. It's guaranteed. There can never be real ethics either. There will always be wars, division, immorality, crime, etc. Those are all guaranteed results of the monetary system. The film explains it very well and eloquently.

Poverty, oppression, greed, and the wealth/power gap are not a result of the Federal Reserve or modern monetary systems. They go with human nature. People tend to be self-interested. Those with means generally take advantage of those without. If you took away money, those with the highest ability would quickly find ways to dominate the rest, just like dogs or other pack animals. Study recorded human history - Egypt, China, Rome, the Middle East, etc. I don't like the Federal Reserve system either. But we still need a monetary system, just maybe one that's not based on privately contolled fiat money

True, but the Federal Reserve is a way for the elite to consolidate their power and monopolize it. It just makes it worse. Without money, at least the fighting masses would have a chance and be more on a level playing field with the elite. There may always be manipulation, but the difference is in the degrees and balance of power and control.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby shadowman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Other informative films on You-tube:

"The Money Masters"
"Fiat Empire: Why the Federal Reserve Violates the United States Constitution"
"Money As Debt I" (Where does money come from?)
"Money As Debt II" (Promises Unleashed)

Also,

Check out a man named: Noam Chomsky

He is a professor at M.I.T.

He discusses may things about the society we ALL live in, and why things are the way they are. Very informative and eye opening.
He discusses what capitalism has become, in the western world.
shadowman
Freshman Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:17 am

Here is an interesting comment on how China seeks to move away from putting faith in the unstable, credit-based dollar as an international reserve.

“The outbreak of the crisis and its spillover to the entire world reflect the inherent vulnerabilities and systemic risks in the existing international monetary system…
“The desirable goal of reforming the international monetary system, therefore, is to create an international reserve currency that is disconnected from individual nations and is able to remain stable in the long run, thus removing the inherent deficiencies caused by using credit-based national currencies.â€￾
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Jason » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:16 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this movie. I was blown away by it, through and through. To the point where i wanted to hand out DVDs of it to people.

Great people think alike, Winston!
---
Jason Green
Soma Images
http://somaimages.com
+1 408.508.9218
Jason
Freshman Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions