I just circumvented the Great Firewall of China

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

I just circumvented the Great Firewall of China

Post by DiscoPro_Joe »

Woo hoo! I just circumvented the Great Firewall of China! I downloaded and installed a program that lets me browse blocked websites. It's called Freedur, which I got at http://www.freedur.com

(The Chinese government started blocking Facebook yesterday evening because of the Xinjiang riots, and has blocked YouTube since late March of this year.)

You have to sign up for a free 30-day trial, though.

If the blocked websites still don't come up after you install the program, then try this:

Go to your browser's settings in Internet Explorer, and click on the Connections tab. Click the Settings button on the middle-right side, and check the box that says "Use a proxy server for this connection." Click the Advanced button, then enter "127.0.0.1" as the proxy address, and "2009" as the port number for the top two fields (i.e., HTTP and Secure). Click OK in all the settings windows and it should work.

Yippee! Long live Freedur!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow good tip. Congrats. That sucks that they have blocked facebook and youtube. It's like the government there fears freedom of information. So sad and shows their own fear and lack of confidence. It's a red flag that they have something to hide too, which damages their credibility when they deny allegations against them.

I hope that program continues to work. Hope you don't get in trouble for it too. If you do, we'll start a petition to release you :)

When I first saw your post, I thought it meant that you had walked along the whole Great Wall of China from one end to the other. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne