Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Postby jamesbond » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 pm

I wonder why the US has so many "party animals." It's ridiculous, I mean even grown men and women in their 30's and 40's are "party animals" here in the US. When I was in college, it was even worse, the guys on my floor vomiting in the bathroom or their dorm room after going out and getting wasted. In America, "getting wasted" is considered cool and hip, and not getting wasted is considered being a loser! The girls in college where just as bad as the guys were. I saw girls vomiting on the sidewalk on Friday and Saturday nights after getting wasted at the bars and then, they do the same thing the following weekend! Unbelieveable, what strange social conditions exist here in the US! Just look the the TV commericals and you will see a lot of commericals for beer and alcohol. It's like people in the US can't have fun unless they are drunk! That's pretty sad, welcome to modern day America! :shock:
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7485
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA







Postby track2004_400meters1 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 am

alcohol is said to prohibit protein synthesis within muscle fibers.. also it can decrease metabolism up to 30percent,
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Postby jamesbond » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 pm

track2004_400meters1 wrote:alcohol is said to prohibit protein synthesis within muscle fibers.. also it can decrease metabolism up to 30percent,




No wonder why there are so many fat people in the US! LOL :lol:
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7485
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby TRADER1972 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 am

I live in a college town and in the past 2 years working with and seeing how college kids are has really pissed me off and increases my pessimism about the US' future. As you said many people only think about partying and getting drunk. They are colllege STUDENTS yet don't have any interest in actually learning anything.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 am

Postby odbo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:27 am

think about what is glorified in this society

get drunk or "get loaded" and kill your liver and brain cells = right on!
think about something important = loser, buzzkill.

be a conformist = oh my god you're so cool duuude!
think an original thought = you're a weirdo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdzxc8Fpn3o[/youtube]
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby Grunt » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 am

Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby jamesbond » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Grunt wrote:Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?


This maybe true. I still don't know why so many adults go out on the weekends and get wasted. I know guys in their 40's who go to bars and clubs on the weekends and get drunk. They do this almost every weekend.

I guess I am more of an introvert, that's why "party animals" don't sit well with me. I try to avoid them like the plague, because they tend to be loud and obnoxious. They remind of high school kids.

In anglo-countries, extroverts and party animals are seen as being hip and cool. Introverts and non-party animals are seen being weird and square. Maybe it's time to move to a country where introverts are seen as being normal and party animals don't exist for the most part.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7485
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby C.J. » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Grunt wrote:Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?

I can! Such filth shouldn't live but a moment! :D

I can never understand why yobs and fossils go out and waste their time partying and drinking! The elite are planning their deaths and exploitation every second these idiots waste getting drunk and wasting away. They know time is better spent on defeating their enemies and profiting off them, as you'll never know when you get the chance(what some call "stalking tyrants"). This is the only logical reason why this kind of wasting behavior is being encouraged in the western media all around.
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Human beings have an infinite appetite for distraction. And for Americans, we are easily divided and conquered, distracted continually, and hedonistic to the point of numbness. The U.S. has long been a dystopia in the "Brave New World" sense.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby mehendicant » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Read Fate of Empires. Taking 1776 as the birthdate, America is 236 years old. If the six stages are of equal duration, the decadence stage lasts from age 208 to age 250. I'm in the intellectual stage, which precedes the decadent stage, but decadents are a huge proportion of both the populace and the government.
mehendicant
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 am
Location: North Carolina

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 am

Partying and being a party animal has little to to with actual partying. The American version of partying is gathering together for binge drinking and getting drunk.

Most of these party animals are not interested in savoring fine food, fellowship, dressing nicely and dancing; most wish to engage in various scenarios of socially acceptable drinking.

When Americans go overseas, they feel uncomfortable at conventional parties so they do their "partying" at expat bars (ie Irish bars).

Most Americans would not know how to party if the manual hit them dead in the face.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 am

I never understood the party animal thing. It's very hard to socialize when you are not a party animal, too. Bars in America only encourage drunken behavior. In the days where I used to go to bars, I actually did not drink, and I suppose I was there for the atmosphere and the hopes of building a social circle after college. I felt uncomfortable as people were surprised that I don't drink: girls would ask me "You don't drink?", or random dudes would buy me a drink thinking I'm poor, or bartendresses would give me dirty looks because they knew they couldn't con tips out of me. It got boring being the only guy in my town going to bars alone (leaving alone as well, naturally) for the purpose of building a social network, instead of getting shitfaced.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Postby ExpeditionSailor » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:10 am

jamesbond wrote:
Grunt wrote:Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?


This maybe true. I still don't know why so many adults go out on the weekends and get wasted. I know guys in their 40's who go to bars and clubs on the weekends and get drunk. They do this almost every weekend.

I guess I am more of an introvert, that's why "party animals" don't sit well with me. I try to avoid them like the plague, because they tend to be loud and obnoxious. They remind of high school kids.

In anglo-countries, extroverts and party animals are seen as being hip and cool. Introverts and non-party animals are seen being weird and square. Maybe it's time to move to a country where introverts are seen as being normal and party animals don't exist for the most part.


You've just about answered your own question. Unfortunately, a lot of people in North America still retain a high school mentality well into adulthood. It's a big reason why TV shows like Survivor are so successful. That is, shows like that key into the popularity contesting ethic that infects most high schools today and extends it into the adult world. One reason why I no longer watch TV is because it not only dumbs people down, it does a very good job of keeping them in a perpetual state of adolescence, and insults the intelligence of people who are demonstrably intelligent. It goes without saying that people who are dumbed down and in an arrested state of development are pretty malleable and easy to neutralize, lest they pose some political threat to the powers that be.

I too, find party animals to be obnoxious and loud. And I really don't like going to parties. Having a hearing impairment doesn't help, but there's so much noise at parties it's hard to communicate with anyone in an intelligent way.

The vast majority of people in North America are idiots, and are also the great unwashed for the most part, with Philistine attitudes and behaviours.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 am

Postby jamesbond » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:31 am

ExpeditionSailor wrote:You've just about answered your own question. Unfortunately, a lot of people in North America still retain a high school mentality well into adulthood. It's a big reason why TV shows like Survivor are so successful. That is, shows like that key into the popularity contesting ethic that infects most high schools today and extends it into the adult world. One reason why I no longer watch TV is because it not only dumbs people down, it does a very good job of keeping them in a perpetual state of adolescence, and insults the intelligence of people who are demonstrably intelligent. It goes without saying that people who are dumbed down and in an arrested state of development are pretty malleable and easy to neutralize, lest they pose some political threat to the powers that be.

I too, find party animals to be obnoxious and loud. And I really don't like going to parties. Having a hearing impairment doesn't help, but there's so much noise at parties it's hard to communicate with anyone in an intelligent way.

The vast majority of people in North America are idiots, and are also the great unwashed for the most part, with Philistine attitudes and behaviours.

Your right, a great deal of adults still have a high school mentality. They are trying to "fit in" and be accepted by the "cool people" and the "popular people."

Facebook reminds me of high school. I have heard some adults brag about "having 300 friends on facebook." Well how many of those so called "friends" are you actually friends with? For most people, a lot of the friends they have on facebook are people they have never even met! :shock:

The cliquishness and the popularity contests you find in high school, you will also find in the adult world. I guess some people in the US never grow up. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7485
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby E_Irizarry » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 pm

ExpeditionSailor wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
Grunt wrote:Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?


This maybe true. I still don't know why so many adults go out on the weekends and get wasted. I know guys in their 40's who go to bars and clubs on the weekends and get drunk. They do this almost every weekend.

I guess I am more of an introvert, that's why "party animals" don't sit well with me. I try to avoid them like the plague, because they tend to be loud and obnoxious. They remind of high school kids.

In anglo-countries, extroverts and party animals are seen as being hip and cool. Introverts and non-party animals are seen being weird and square. Maybe it's time to move to a country where introverts are seen as being normal and party animals don't exist for the most part.


You've just about answered your own question. Unfortunately, a lot of people in North America still retain a high school mentality well into adulthood. It's a big reason why TV shows like Survivor are so successful. That is, shows like that key into the popularity contesting ethic that infects most high schools today and extends it into the adult world. One reason why I no longer watch TV is because it not only dumbs people down, it does a very good job of keeping them in a perpetual state of adolescence, and insults the intelligence of people who are demonstrably intelligent. It goes without saying that people who are dumbed down and in an arrested state of development are pretty malleable and easy to neutralize, lest they pose some political threat to the powers that be.

I too, find party animals to be obnoxious and loud. And I really don't like going to parties. Having a hearing impairment doesn't help, but there's so much noise at parties it's hard to communicate with anyone in an intelligent way.

The vast majority of people in North America are idiots, and are also the great unwashed for the most part, with Philistine attitudes and behaviours.

B A A M! +1
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Jeremy and 3 guests