Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Post by jamesbond »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:I never understood the party animal thing. It's very hard to socialize when you are not a party animal, too. Bars in America only encourage drunken behavior. In the days where I used to go to bars, I actually did not drink, and I suppose I was there for the atmosphere and the hopes of building a social circle after college. I felt uncomfortable as people were surprised that I don't drink: girls would ask me "You don't drink?", or random dudes would buy me a drink thinking I'm poor, or bartendresses would give me dirty looks because they knew they couldn't con tips out of me. It got boring being the only guy in my town going to bars alone (leaving alone as well, naturally) for the purpose of building a social network, instead of getting shitfaced.
Yes, I too have gone to bars and had people say, "why aren't you drinking?" It did feel uncomfortable being in that environment. The only reason I went to bars at all, was to try and meet some women.

Usually, I met NO women at all. Occassionally I got some phone numbers only to call them up a couple of days later, leave them a message and then most of the time they would never call me back. Bars and nightclubs are HORRIBLE places to try and meet women. In addition, you have all these "pickup artists" and "party animals" at bars and clubs.

Extroverts and party animals seem to do better in the social scene in America than do people like me who are more introverted. That's why I think moving to a more introverted country like Germany would be a good idea.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Check out these "party animals" and "douchebags." Welcome to the social scene in America! :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a good video explaining why people get drunk on new years eve and why these people tend to be losers.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston certainly likes to "party it up" when he goes overseas. :D

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:I never understood the party animal thing. It's very hard to socialize when you are not a party animal, too. Bars in America only encourage drunken behavior. In the days where I used to go to bars, I actually did not drink, and I suppose I was there for the atmosphere and the hopes of building a social circle after college. I felt uncomfortable as people were surprised that I don't drink: girls would ask me "You don't drink?", or random dudes would buy me a drink thinking I'm poor, or bartendresses would give me dirty looks because they knew they couldn't con tips out of me. It got boring being the only guy in my town going to bars alone (leaving alone as well, naturally) for the purpose of building a social network, instead of getting shitfaced.
Yes, I too have gone to bars and had people say, "why aren't you drinking?" It did feel uncomfortable being in that environment. The only reason I went to bars at all, was to try and meet some women.

Usually, I met NO women at all. Occassionally I got some phone numbers only to call them up a couple of days later, leave them a message and then most of the time they would never call me back. Bars and nightclubs are HORRIBLE places to try and meet women. In addition, you have all these "pickup artists" and "party animals" at bars and clubs.

Extroverts and party animals seem to do better in the social scene in America than do people like me who are more introverted. That's why I think moving to a more introverted country like Germany would be a good idea.
I agree with you on this Jamesbond. The overseas environment (particularly Europe or Latin America) seems like a better place to flourish in a be "true to yourself" and with no need to drink just to "open up" be social.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I showed the girl I talk to in Vietnam this video and asked her if college students have parties like that there.

She said "The video seems too morbid :( I don't like it :(" I told her I feel like an alien at such things.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Interesting video regarding the drinking problem many Americans have.

Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Men drink alcohol to raise their dopamine levels when the absence of female affection causes depression. It's as simple as that.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Bars were always generally the worst time I would have when I was younger. House parties and more exclusive events were always more my thing, as I would prefer a group of close confidants and acquaintances to a bunch of random strangers, many of which were up to no good or had bad intentions.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

jamesbond wrote:
September 11th, 2009, 3:15 pm
I wonder why the US has so many "party animals." It's ridiculous, I mean even grown men and women in their 30's and 40's are "party animals" here in the US. When I was in college, it was even worse, the guys on my floor vomiting in the bathroom or their dorm room after going out and getting wasted. In America, "getting wasted" is considered cool and hip, and not getting wasted is considered being a loser! The girls in college where just as bad as the guys were. I saw girls vomiting on the sidewalk on Friday and Saturday nights after getting wasted at the bars and then, they do the same thing the following weekend! Unbelieveable, what strange social conditions exist here in the US! Just look the the TV commericals and you will see a lot of commericals for beer and alcohol. It's like people in the US can't have fun unless they are drunk! That's pretty sad, welcome to modern day America! :shock:
This is an old post. I never got drunk. I didn't do the party animal thing.

A lot of young people got drunk and wondered around the college town where I went to university when I was younger, usually on Friday and Saturday night. But when I moved to South Korea, if I came home at 9 or 10 from dinner on a weeknight, there were drunk guys peeing on the wall and junk like that. I saw one drunk guy in the middle of the road at an intersection of a large road and a small road in Kangnam, wasted, taking a leak. I think Korea is worse for drinking than the US.

I read somewhere that about half of drinking occasions in the US end in drunkness while the ratio is about 1 in 8 in Europe. Americans tend to have a very juveline attitude toward alcohol.